Flat ironed again *pics*

Thanks! You're gonna have to get in line behind Nonie who also wants to do my hair to prove . . . I forgot, actually, but I know she wants to prove something!
I remember!! I think I might've been a lurker then but I think you claimed once that you couldn't make neat twists in your hair with neat parts and nonie was tryna tell you you could but you wouldn't believe her lol I remember agreeing strongly with nonie....I'd love to prove you wrong and do neat pretty twists in your hair to prove a point too:giggle:

I'm too tender-headed to let anyone do my hair, though. That's why I went natural, actually, so I wouldn't have to be tortured anymore. The last time I got my hair cornrowed, I was near tears and physically shaking. :nono:
Oh no!:perplexed I feel you, there are some ppl who are just extra rough with the braiding though like my best friend:rolleyes:she's ridiculous wit it.

Sometimes I want people to do my hair, though, so I can prove them wrong. :giggle: But you may be right. The last professional to straighten my hair got it straight with a real pressing comb (my hair was different back then, though, as I was blow drying weekly). He did a great job. The whole session took about 4 hours, at least half of which was blow drying and pressing.
lol I feel you hun

Dag girl, you flat ironed on 370 and it still wasn't silky?? Man you got some skrong hair, i'm completely jealous.

Well, I am Chicago. If I saw you walking down the street, I would have broke MY neck.
You just don't see hair like your's on a regular. I love it.

Mwedzi what are your staples?
What styles are you typically in?
How often do you apply heat?
What are your fave DC's?
What are your ways to avoid SSK's and retain length?

You're such an inspiration sista:love2: keep letting that natural beauty shine:yep:

Thank you.

My staples are in this album. Add Oyin Whipped Pudding and coconut oil to this list:
http://public.fotki.com/mwedzi/how-tos-routine-len/products/

My styles are usually twist outs. These days I usually wear them up in a bun or some kind of updo. But I also do twists sometimes, too. I might even blow dry and wear out for a day or two before putting in an updo. The more I think about it, I guess I do protective styling more than I thought I did.

I apply heat rarely. I blow dry on average once a month or two. My blow drying is not rough, either. It's just regular people's non-blow dried afro puff. :lachen: My non-stretched puff would be tight, like a million black power fists. I just got a flat iron last year I think. I think I had one some time before in the past few years. But flat ironing is not something I regularly do. Last time I showed my father my flat ironed poof, he told me I just had to do it more often because my hair was not yet "convinced that you mean business". I've probably flat ironed 3 times this year, which is the most frequently I've flat ironed in the last 8 or 9 years at least.

Favorite DC is Aveda Damage Remedy or Neutrogena Triple Moisture. If I'm broke, V05+mayo+coconut oil.

I don't know how to avoid ssks. I'm plagued by them. I say tangling is my hair's biggest problem, but all the tangling is due to them. Wearing twists all the time does not help as my ends want to knot in twists, too.

Dag girl, you flat ironed on 370 and it still wasn't silky?? Man you got some skrong hair, i'm completely jealous.

I've always wanted to be skrong. I had hoped it would be in my upper body. I guess my hair is technically my upper body. :giggle: Funny thing is, my hair is not strong. It breaks all the time.

I think in part the reason it's not super straight is because I can't pull it perfectly straight while flat ironing. I tried to do the comb chase method but I am just too tenderheaded for that. So I would flat iron by pulling the hair as taut as possible. Then I would comb with a fine-tooth comb to align the hairs further and again pull the hair taut and flat iron that section again. But I can't pull my hair perfectly straight, so it's really like I'm ironing in crinkles. Like if there's a wrinkle on your shirt and you iron over it. The wrinkle doesn't go away, you've just burned it in.

Girl if I had all that beautiful hair I would have BROKE my neck whippin' it around...walkin' down the street singin' Snoop and the Neptunes "Beautiful"....

DANG GIRL!!!! That's an awesome head of hair!
You would've made me stumbled & tumbled like pops :lachen:
377016204.jpg

girl poof or noo poff your hair is gawgeous(new york accent) lol lol lol. I love it. It grew alot too. Why don't you go to a hair salon next time you decide to flat iron so you can get it straighter?

DANG GIRL!!!! That's an awesome head of hair!
You would've made me stumbled & tumbled like pops :lachen:
377016204.jpg

Oh no! :lachen:

girl poof or noo poff your hair is gawgeous(new york accent) lol lol lol. I love it. It grew alot too. Why don't you go to a hair salon next time you decide to flat iron so you can get it straighter?

Thank you. I never go to the salon. I don't like them. :nono:

Have you ever tried the steam flat irons like the Maxiglide?

Nope, never tried those.

Have you tried the flat iron combs/brushes that look like flat irons but are like 2 combs/brushes put together? I can't explain them but alot of people on youtube seem to have success with them.

Your hair is always luscious to me so I would continuously have whiplash whenever I see you in person. I love this style too and now you're my enabler because I tried to resist flat ironing my hair but now I just hafta...

ahh my goodness!!! gorgeous!! you are absolutely my hair idol!

& i love the stretch comb accessory; they make hairstyles look so elegant!

OMGoodness, Mwedzi! Your hair is gorgeous!:yep: You're one of my hair inspirations!:notworthy :clapping::bouncy: Keep up the good work!

Back