Flat Ironed hair update (pics)

curlytwirly06

Okay so I have been all over these threads begging others to lend me their info on how to properly flat iron hair. I have had my hair straightened maybe twice in my life and both were while I was in elementary. Needless to say I was completely clueless. Thank you to all the ladies who took their time to assist me.

Okay so I pre-pooed, washed, conditioned, deep conditioned with aphogee 2min recon under a steamer for 30 min then SD Shea what conditioner for another 30 min. After that I tea rinsed and added SD wheatgerm butter leave in, sprayed tresseme' heat control spray and tension blow dried. I then added less than a dime sized amount of IC fantasia heat protectant and proceeded to flat iron with 2007-2008 version of the sedu revolution. on 315-320 in really small sections.

Maybe it comes with the territory but my results were downright laughable. It looks a bit straighter than if I did a blowout. My hair feels really, really smooth, non-greasy and moisturized but is one big poofy mess. :lachen: I have no idea what went wrong, Im just glad to know I did not heat damage my hair because its not bone straight and never smelled like it was smoking. Ahh, well. I'll try again in another 6 month. The back of my hair which is 3a-3b kept well but the front which is a courser 3c did not.

Side note. I started using the chase method with a rat tail come but the amount of little hairs I was seeing made me nervous and I could hear my hair popping every so often in the comb. Not sure if that part is normal, I never usually see that many little hairs.

Anyway I promised to say how it went. Apologies for the pictures. I'm a bad selfie taker. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
I know you wanted straighter results but I love the volume!

Absolutely beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

That's a lot of hair to straighten. It doesn't look bad, just not too straight. You probably don't want it too straight anyway then you would be worrying about whether it would revert back. Youtube have a lot of girls who straighten their hair, I don't remember any of their names right now but next time, maybe you need to check out what they are doing to get and maintain straight natural hair.

That's a lot of hair to straighten. It doesn't look bad, just not too straight. You probably don't want it too straight anyway then you would be worrying about whether it would revert back. Youtube have a lot of girls who straighten their hair, I don't remember any of their names right now but next time, maybe you need to check out what they are doing to get and maintain straight natural hair.

Girl I did that for a week and still failed,lol, im just not so good at these things

My kinks would laugh at 320. I would at least need 350-400 most likely 375.. And the blow dry would have to be done well along with using a great silkening/smoothing serum.

I don't plan on flat ironing for at least another 6 months tho

You have awesome hair! Next time use a tiny bit of cream press maybe and put the heat up. I did my hair at 320 before and it poofed back up within minutes. 370 worked better for me.

Mo knows hair just posted a flat iron video on you tube. I think if you used different products and turned the heat up just a little you would get the results you want. You don't have to have smoking or smell hair burning to get results. Having the iron at the correct heat and using small sections with one pass makes a difference.

It looks good but I know it's hard to see when its not the results you wanted.

You are such a cutie and your hair looks magnificent. You may have to turn up the heat a bit to get the top straighter, if a straighter look is what you desire. You look beautiful. Love your hair!

Back