Can You Moisturize Flat Ironed (Natural) Hair WITHOUT Reversion?

JFK

Hi Ladies,

I just Maxiglided my natural hair WITHOUT using heat protectant. I rarely use direct heat.

FYI: I just make sure my hair is super moisterized, detangled very well in small sections, and flat iron on a lower setting. I don't want to use heat protectant...

Anyway, if I moisturize my hair, will it revert a little or totally revert?

Do you moisterize your natural flat ironed hair? What are your results?

I want to moisterize with my HairOne conditioner diluted with a little water.

TIA!

I'm not familiar with that particular conditioner. Is it liquidy? And why do you want to add water? I would put any sort of liquid on my straightened, natural hair if I wanted to prolong the style.

When my hair is straight (once, maybe twice a year?), I just add a bit of coconut oil each night and tie it up.

MissYocairis

This is soooo weird. Just this morning, I was going to start a thread like because I don't know which is the best moisturizer for my daughter's natural, flat-ironed hair that will not cause it to revert. Most moisturizing products, leave-in's have water as the very first ingredient. I need something where water is really low on the list.

Kimdionneca

Hi Ladies,

I just Maxiglided my natural hair WITHOUT using heat protectant. I
........ I don't want to use heat protectant...

TIA!

I also would like to know how naturals keep their hair moisturized while keeping their hair straight. For example Long hair don't care said she keeps her natural hair straight most of the time to avoid knots in one of her videos. But also could you tell me why you don't want to use heat protectant, is there something wrong with using it?

Thanks

Solitude

You don't want to use heat protectant? :perplexed

There's light spray-on ones like Nexxus heat protexx that won't weight your hair down and other serum ones that will also combat reversion :yep:.

SEMO

Hmm, I don't wear my hair straight very often and when I do it's only straight for like a week. During that time I usually use Proclaim Olive Glosser to give my hair shine and a bit of moisture.

When my hair is straightened I try to avoid putting water (or water-based products) on my hair until it's time for me to wash my hair. Because I can't use my normal moisturizers on my hair when it's straight, for me, that's why it's so important to deep condition before flat ironing. I need to make sure I have a good moisture balance in advance.

I usually put on my deep conditioner, baggy my hair overnight, then wash and condition it like normal in the morning. I avoid putting a leave-in conditioner on my hair after washing it (to avoid weighing my hair down), but do use a heat protectant rather liberally. I use Beyond the Zone Turn Up the Heat.

Jace032000

Kinky Curly Knot Today---it is a moisturizer and doesn't have any water in the ingredients list. Use that (a dime size--not a ton) and seal with an oil like coconut.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I use a little grape seed oil as needed, very little at night before I pin curl. Also, as needed because I have trouble ends I will put al little of my Shea butter mixture on my ends and my hair stay staight

daydreem2876

carpe diem
I have been sticking with the butters (avocado, coconut mango, blackberry sage) and they have worked well. I don't use anything water based. Ive been using the last few months Qhemet's AOHC and coconut oil and it has worked well. I have used other butters

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I agree with the posters that replied coconut oil. It's great! I also use Carol's Daughter Hair Balm sometimes on straight hair and it's great at well. Just a tiny amount every few nights on the ends and edges...distribute through with a paddle brush and wrap it. Stays shiny and lubricated.