Flat Iron Tips

winona

Hey Ladies:grin:

I flat ironed my hair yesterday in preparation for a trim today and I was wondering how do you make your roots silky straight? I flat ironed on 375 because I am scurred of heat damage. Okay some background on me:) I washed with Anita Grant Poo Bar, DCed with Joico Moisture Recovery under heat for 30min, rinsed with cool water, Rollerset with Paul Mitchell Leave In and Nioxin Thermal Bliss, flat ironed on 375 3 passes. My about an 1 in from the roots is pretty silky but roots are not. I have a BKT but I do it at home with 375 and no more than 5 passes on the roots and 2 passes on the hair length. Please help me get silky roots my kinky, curly sistas:)

Sounds like your roots have grown out from the BKT which is why it is not ask silky.

In general, my all over silky hair is as a result of deep conditioning, practically going overboard with moisture in my DC before flat ironing.

See THIS thread.

Sounds like your roots have grown out from the BKT which is why it is not ask silky.

In general, my all over silky hair is as a result of deep conditioning, practically going overboard with moisture in my DC before flat ironing.

See THIS thread.

Thanks for the input it is about 1inch from the scalp and I did a bkt last month with the procedure as above. It seems like it is so hit or miss for my roots getting silky with a flat iron. I think next time I will try your overnight moisture dc routine to see if I get better results ;)

^^What she said:yep: Also I use a flat iron comb to stretch out my roots so the flat iron gets right against the scalp

Blowdry the roots with a comb attachment then flat iron. I use a little bit of Mane N Tail Conditioner with Fantasia ic Heat Protectant Serum on each section of hair before blowdrying. Then I use Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Pres (thick yellow grease) to flat iron. Silky straight roots and ends for me.

I use BKT and blow dry my hair to get straighter results. I do an overnight deep conditioner as well as use the comb chase method to pull the roots taut when I flat iron.

I never get my roots too straight with just a roller set.

Back