My best flat iron results so far w/pics

ImFree27

I first washed with v05 conditioner mixed with lemon juice. DC with an avocado, coconut oil, veg. glycerin, giovanni smooth as silk conditioner. Then I set it with rollers with tressme heat protector, giovanni direct leave in, and blue magic pressing oil ( just a little on the roots and the ends) I airdried for a couple of hours and then sat under the dryer for 45 mintues, I flat ironed with Conair flat iron using the chasing method, curled it with conair cermaic curling iron and then pin curled...........

Attachments

• SDC10616-vi.jpg
    SDC10616-vi.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 234
  • SDC10604-vi.jpg
    SDC10604-vi.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 245
  • SDC10600-vi.jpg
    SDC10600-vi.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 215
  • SDC10602-vi.jpg
    SDC10602-vi.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 168
  • SDC10615-vi.jpg
    SDC10615-vi.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 297

Forever in Bloom

I first washed with v05 conditioner mixed with lemon juice. DC with an avocado, coconut oil, veg. glycerin, giovanni smooth as silk conditioner. Then I set it with rollers with tressme heat protector, giovanni direct leave in, and blue magic pressing oil ( just a little on the roots and the ends) I airdried for a couple of hours and then sat under the dryer for 45 mintues, I flat ironed with Conair flat iron using the chasing method, curled it with conair cermaic curling iron and then pin curled...........

Wow, you did a good job!! You're natural too? There's hope for me yet :rolleyes:

Qetesh

it looks very good. curls look super nice. lovely

i can never get my hair that straight on my own.

ImFree27

it looks very good. curls look super nice. lovely

i can never get my hair that straight on my own.

Thanks, I think it takes practice, because usually, my flatiron techniques = afro hair. This was the first time I used the pincurl method and I like it, I usually put rollers in after I straight, but i just get more volume with no curl..

P

Paradox

I really appreciate you for showing me this!
I will try this in December!

Extremus

It must be my flat-ironing technique b/c I can't get my hair that straight and silky, and I'm relaxed :rolleyes:

Very nice! and I love the color! :thumbsup:

ImFree27

It must be my flat-ironing technique b/c I can't get my hair that straight and silky, and I'm relaxed :rolleyes:

Very nice! and I love the color! :thumbsup:

Thanks, I think the roller set helped, because when I blow dry, it doesn't get as smooth, I guess when you rollerset first, you are holding on to the moisture, which makes the hair more smoother...

Extremus

Thanks, I think the roller set helped, because when I blow dry, it doesn't get as smooth, I guess when you rollerset first, you are holding on to the moisture, which makes the hair more smoother...

That would make sense because only my rollersets can get that silky & straight

Lavendar

Wow...you did an incredible job! Your hair looks fantastic! And your a henna girl too??? Awesome!!!

ImFree27

what are your henna techniques and what type of henna did you use! I love your hair! :drunk:

I just mixed it with lemon juice and cover with saran wrap and let it sit over night and then put it in my hair and let it sit for 2 hours and then dc with a moisituiziing conditioner and some honey. I use Mendhi Brand..

PRhair

You did a great job! I could never get my hair that straight when I was natural, or at least not for longer than 10 minutes.

I love the color too.

kandegirl

You did a great job! I haven't been able to get my relaxed hair to curl like that myself.

I also want to know what is the chasing method.