Fantasia IC gel

Ganjababy

Can we have some reviews please.

1. Does it define your curls?

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls?

3. What is you hair type?

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what?

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what?

TIA

Last edited:

Evolving78

1. Does it define your curls? yes it does

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls? i only use this gel

3. What is you hair type? 4a

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what? i use light moisturizers light oils

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what? nope

blue_flower

1. Does it define your curls?

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls?

3. What is you hair type?

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what?

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what?

TIA

1. Yes, when I was natural it defined my curls. I use it on my new growth now and it defines my weaves.

2. Yeah, rollers.

3. 3c/4a

4. I only apply the gel to my hair after it's washed or after I spritz it with water.

5. Not at all. No hardness, ashiness, or flakiness.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
1. Does it define your curls?only the blue one does. the others have act like i just have water in my hair(zero hold)

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls? i like alot og gels hence my gel addiction but fantasia give nice consitent results. i have other faves though mainly smooth n shine curl activator for extra dry hair.

3. What is you hair type? i am a spongy 4a/OS

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what? why would you moisturize and seal before using a gel? thats just asking for flakes and clumps. just use a watery leave in.

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what? nothing adverse. the hold is not even that strong IMO

Leeda.the.Paladin

1. Does it define your curls? Yes

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls? I prefer KCCC

3. What is you hair type? 4a/3c

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what? I use a good leave in, but that gel really doesn't really react well with some of them

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what? It leaves my wash n gos feeling a little dry over time. I just use it mostly now for fingercoils over a good moisturizer.

TIA
Answers in color.

FunkyDiva

1. Does it define your curls? Yes

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls? Miss Jessies Curly Pudding is the only other product I tried

3. What is you hair type? 4a

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what? I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In and then seal with Coconut Oil, I have tried other things but it makes the gel flake

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what? No but it does leave my kind of hard

TIA

Answers above

Jazzmommy

1. Does it define your curls? I would say yes, it creates a nice wave pattern as I have used it only to slick my hair back for phony pony's.

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls? This has really given me the best holding power... the blue jar for color treated hair b/c it has more moisture.

3. What is you hair type? 4a mostly some 4 b

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what? I use Qhemlet Alma & Olive -heavy cream usually.

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what? none

TIA

My responses are in purple...

DivineNapps1728

1. Does it define your curls? It did, but now that my hair is a bit longer it's better for slicking my hair back than for overall curl definition; the hold is too light & my hair just absorbs it throughout the length

2. If not is there anything better at defining curls? Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme worked wonders for defining curls & adding moisure when I used to use it. It's heavier than the Fantasia IC gel & tamed my hair even as it grew longer; the downside is that it does cause buildup after a few consecutive daily applications. Recently I've found (while pre-pooing) that a cheapie conditioner like Suave coconut sealed with oil seriously defined coils and curls

3. What is you hair type? 4a, mostly

4. Do you moisturise and seal before application of gel, if so with what? If I add anything to my hair when using gel it's glycerin or castor oil only; alot of other products cause flaking

5. Has Fantasia IC gel caused any adverse reactions/damage to your hair? If so what? No damage or adverse effects, it's just a little less effective than it used to be

HTH!