A good gel/pomade for urelaxed hair

RennAlisha426

Heya all I am almost one year post relaxer and my PS is mostly half wigs and phony ponys. When I do a phony pony I use IC fantasia gel but when I do my half wigs and I blend I like to keep maybe a 1/2 inch of edges flat. Ampro curls up my hair as does the IC fantasia. I brought weave aide egde pomade and its so so just very sticky the same with black n sassy..

Ty

Renee

Nasdaq_Diva

So far, EcoStyler (I have clear though I've heard RAVE reviews on the olive oil one) and it's working great for me.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I agree withthe Eco Styler me and my natural mom loves it, plus it cheap and you get a big jar. Love both the clear and olive oil.....

iri9109

i used to use ecostyler...i still do occasionally but i havent been using stylers lately...depending on your leave-in if you use one, ecostyler might not mix well...for the past couple of weeks i've been using water and shea butter and a soft brush to slick my edges down for my puff and then i tie it up with a scarf at night and it works really well so you could try that

HennaRo

Another Oyin Burnt Sugar...great shine and the smell is delish:grin:. I'm not a gel person but Ori Organics Mango Curl Cream is nice, so is Ohm Sweet Hair Pudding. On the ground options would be (pomade) shea butter and a scarf, gel-ecostyler or fantasia ic with sparkle(clear).

glamazon386

OP do you mean you need to keep your edges flat as in straight? Or do you just want them slicked down? Anything water based will make it curl up - so EcoStyler would be out. Have you thought about some type or wax or pomade? I use EQP Curl Wax on my edges when my hair is straight. If I try to use gel it will make them curl back up.

Janet'

Yeah, I used to be an Ecostyler hater...until I tried the Olive Oil Ecostyler...I might be a believer, lol!

LilMissRed

Im natural and I ALSO use Ecostyler gel. It doesnt make my hair 'slick-straight' BUT it does make it lay down and behave the way I like

Ive tried the clear (my fav). the olive oil (NICE....) and the pink (which has more 'hold') :yep:

FebeeSigns

I love products without any chemicals. My favorite pomade and gel would be Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade and Aubrey Organics B5 Gel.

FebeeSigns

How is it? I want to try it.

Otherwise, I am using EcoStyler in clear and green.
:perplexed sorry if you were asking her but I've used it and still using it as well. It looks and resembles grease. But it is made out of wax and oils. It's very creamy, smells great and imparts an extremely good shine. It is a humectant pomade.