Transitioners Please Help!!!

cdixon

I'm currently doing my buns daily, but do you put the Fantasia IC gel all around your hair in order for your hair to really pop? I feel like the middle of my hair is so dry. Please respond as soon as possible.

TIA

Bumping for you......what exactly do you want to know? About making curls pop? Moisturizing the middle of your hair? I think people might be unsure of what you're asking.

Bumping for you......what exactly do you want to know? About making curls pop? Moisturizing the middle of your hair? I think people might be unsure of what you're asking.

Thanks, yes I would like to know how to better moisturize my whole head. I feel like it's so dry, and I only put the Fantasia IC gel on the fron of my hair to slick it down, should I put it to the rest of my hair as well? I'm not really sure.

Personally, I use a moisturizer on my whole head before using the IC gel, whether its a leave in or my aloe vera juice/glycerine mix spritz. This ensures that my hair is moisturized, so that the only thing I'm relying on the IC gel for is to lay my hair down in the front; not to moisturize. HTH

You might wanna try sectioning your hair with your fingers to moisturize. Its harder to get to the middle cause the hair is so thick but you definitely dont want to neglect those areas when transitioning. Moisture is very important for the new growth.

Condition wash and apply your moisturizer while in the shower that might help ya...hopefully.

Personally, I use a moisturizer on my whole head before using the IC gel, whether its a leave in or my aloe vera juice/glycerine mix spritz. This ensures that my hair is moisturized, so that the only thing I'm relying on the IC gel for is to lay my hair down in the front; not to moisturize. HTH
I agree with her. You should apply your leave-in conditioner before you put on the IC Fantasia gel. Also, I use the blue IC Fantasia gel for colored treated hair (even though my hair isn't colored) b/c it leaves my hair feeling softer and more moisturized, while still popping my curls and giving me hold.

How often do you condition & deep condition?
Also, have you tried real shea butter yet?
Another good thing is Aloe Vera Juice & water in a spray bottle.

Your curls won't pop until you get rid of the relaxed ends, unfortunately. Wet your entire head, add conditioner in sections, rinse out half the condish, style, add the gel only to the front and nape. Or try a different gel. That one dries my hair out if I use it too much.

Thanks ladies, I currently deep condition once a week. I'm thinking I may try the aloe vera juice and glycerin spritz. Where can I purchase these from any grocery store? Also what leave ins are you using to make your hair soft? Long term relationship is what I'm currently using but my second day bun feels very dry only in the crown area of my hair.

Back