Excuse me, Allandra....

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
This is why I indicated my hair type as 'naturally wavy' - since I'm uncertain about that particular scale that Andre(?) uses.

Allandra
Relaxed (NOT bone straight)-Past Waist Length-Thick-Wavy
Latest Touch Up 1/14/04, Latest Trim 1/14/04

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra,
You're very realistic because Im uncertain about Andre's scale as well. Some of the types sound the same to me and it's confusing. So Im not even sure if Im 3b/4a...it's just a guess.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
This is why I indicated my hair type as 'naturally wavy' - since I'm uncertain about that particular scale that Andre(?) uses.

Allandra
Relaxed (NOT bone straight)-Past Waist Length-Thick-Wavy
Latest Touch Up 1/14/04, Latest Trim 1/14/04

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra,
You're very realistic because Im uncertain about Andre's scale as well. Some of the types sound the same to me and it's confusing. So Im not even sure if Im 3b/4a...it's just a guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you know what I mean. I remember another member here (sorry, don't remember who at the moment) said hair type is just as unique as fingerprints. She said there can be so many more types than Andre listed in his book. I definitely agree with that member. Someone once asked me, if your hair type is such-in-such, then why do you get your hair relaxed.
I feel much more comfortable saying my type is relaxed (NOT bone straight) and still naturally wavy. Ya know?

sugawooga

How often do you relax? How long do you allow the relaxer to stay on your hair (or do you get it professionally done?)

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
sugawooga said:
How often do you relax? How long do you allow the relaxer to stay on your hair (or do you get it professionally done?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I get relaxer touch-ups every four months.

Once the relaxer has been applied to my new growth, it gets rinsed out (starting with the section that was relaxed first).

I get them professionally done.

Poohbear

Allandra,

How often do u wash, shampoo, and condition your hair???

What hair styles did u usually wear when growing out your earlobe length hair???

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Allandra,

How often do u wash, shampoo, and condition your hair???

What hair styles did u usually wear when growing out your earlobe length hair???

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually shampoo and condition my hair every three days. However, with my work schedule being so crazy lately, for the past few months, I had to resort to one day a week (which is pretty hard for me - because I love clean fresh hair). I had to wear my hair out when it was short. When internet hair clubs came my way (1999 / 2000), I started wearing protective styled. The one that worked best for me was the INFAMOUS BUN.
I also like using claw clips, one braid, two braids.

sugawooga

Thanks for the info. I tried to go post relaxer for 3 months but I couldn't do a thing with my hair after only 2 months (humidity is a beast). I just relaxed my hair a week ago (May 12th) prior to that I texturized (I only let the relaxer stay on my head for 5 mins.) March 12th. My May 12th relaxer was my first experience with lye (I think I did a good job because I still feel waves and it's not bone straight). I wish I could go without a relaxer for 4 months. I think thats excellent!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
Allandra, did you have long hair as a child?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not this long (not long as a child). This is the longest my hair has ever been.

Poohbear

Allandra,

Can u give us any info about your regime or any secrets that can help us achieve long hair such as breakage prevention, products u use, etc.???

Do u have your regime posted somewhere? If not, what is it?

Allandra

I honestly don't have any secrets. I do wear my hair in protective styles 99 % of the time (probably more than that). You can click on my name to view my little website (under my bio section). There you will find my regimen. I really do feel as though protective styles helped me a lot.

Miosy

It's nice to know more of the secret woman Allandra

I'm sure your hair is long and beautiful and I take your word for it

blue_flower

I've seen a picture of Allandra's hair a long time ago on a Yahoo! group. It looks exactly the way she describes it in her signature. She forgot to mention that it was shiny, though.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
I've seen a picture of Allandra's hair a long time ago on a Yahoo! group. It looks exactly the way she describes it in her signature. She forgot to mention that it was shiny, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you remember me. You're so sweet. Thanks for the kind words.
A lot of us on this board really do go way back (which is great).

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, look at your hair. Wow, it's so pretty. Love those curls! I'm learning some new hairstyles by looking at your pics.

Leigh

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
Off Topic *** Allandra i just realized that you are now over 10,000 posts!!! Congrats on giving out so much excellent advice
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah congrats!!

blue_flower

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Girl, look at your hair. Wow, it's so pretty. Love those curls! I'm learning some new hairstyles by looking at your pics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww! You have me blushing! Thank you!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Leigh said:
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
Off Topic *** Allandra i just realized that you are now over 10,000 posts!!! Congrats on giving out so much excellent advice
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah congrats!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww! You have me blushing! Thank you!

[/ QUOTE ]
That butterfly style is so cute.

bettydavis

I've never seen Allandra's hair but I know it must be beautiful. And she always gives great advice. Congrats on reaching 10000 posts!!!

Vanessa22

[ QUOTE ]
Leigh said:
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah congrats!!

[/ QUOTE ]

great job!

so1913

I've also seen pics of Allandra's hair, waaay back when it seems, I think bra strap length or slightly longer it was at the time I saw the pics, right Allanda? Well to co-sign with everyone else, it is beautiful as described and great advice is always given the the imfamous Allandra. :)

leejure

Me too, Me too! I saw it when it was Past Bra-strap and it was indeed beautiful
And Allandra is beautiful as well. I can still vision your picture in my head right now - that's how much I usta look at it!

lee

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
I've never seen Allandra's hair but I know it must be beautiful. And she always gives great advice. Congrats on reaching 10000 posts!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks hun.

Allandra

Hi so1913,

Yeah, it was just past bra strap in those pics from way back then.
It's always good to 'see' you at the LHCF.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
Me too, Me too! I saw it when it was Past Bra-strap and it was indeed beautiful
And Allandra is beautiful as well. I can still vision your picture in my head right now - that's how much I usta look at it!

lee

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww thanks Leejure. You're always so sweet and kind.

Allandra

Oh yeah, I wanted to comment on so1913's hair. For those of you that have been fortunate enough to see her pics in the past, this lady has some of the shinest hair I have EVER seen. Yes, you will need to put on some shades for her hair.
Oh yeah, she used to be scissor happy too. Please don't get me so1913 for telling that.
Anways, you have a beautiful head of hair.