Excuse me, Allandra....

mona_cherie

Hi. I was reading through posts and I see that you have relaxed waist length hair (my dream, I'm so envious). I don't kow how long you've been at waist length, but congratulations on the achievement. Did you have a vitamin regimen while growing out your hair to your present length, if so would you mind posting it? What products did you/are you using? How long was your hair when you started growing it out and how long did it take you to reach waist length? Sorry for all the questions, but your hair even though I've never seen it is like my inspiration now.

Allandra

Hi Mona Cherie,

Welcome to the board.

While growing out my hair, I took Nature's Made Super B Complex (from 1999 to about September 2000 - which is when I joined my first internet hair board). I'm currently taking a women's multi-vitamin, biotin and silica (all Vitamin Shoppe brand). I've been on this vitamin regimen since November 14, 2002. I started growing my hair out in 1999 (April/May). My hair was cut in a short Bob style to my ear lobes). I got to waist length in 2002 (June/July). To see the products I'm currently using, please click on my name, and you will see it under my bio.

Don't worry about all the questions. As Adrienne always says, 'that's what we're here for'.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Allandra!

I have heard that B Complex vitamins are good for hair growth. Do you attribute these vitamins to any of your hair growth (faster than usual) and health? Also, I know you've probably answered or posted this before, but what's your hair type?

mona_cherie

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm starting my regime Dec. 1. I'm still trying to gather as much info as I can to come with a good one for me. Again, many thanks!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Wow Allandra! I did not know you had waist length hair!!! I didn't pay attention to your signature until I saw this thread!

NatureMade B Complex was the vitamins I have been thinking about getting; After I finish my Super Hair Energizer vitamins, Im gonna start using some B Complex.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Wow Allandra! I did not know you had waist length hair!!! I didn't pay attention to your signature until I saw this thread!

NatureMade B Complex was the vitamins I have been thinking about getting; After I finish my Super Hair Energizer vitamins, Im gonna start using some B Complex.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has been my main vitamin for a while, and it still is my main vitamin. I will probably take this forever. Give it a try.

blue_flower

I need a good multivitamin, I'm going to using the Nature's Made Super B Complex since it's worked so well for you. I hope it does the same for me!

GoingBack

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Allandra doesn't have pics online .

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Tracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it that you don't have any pics or don't want to put any up? If it is the latter, why not? I understand you not wanting your face to be online for people to do God knows what with, but what about a back shot??

Armyqt

She's not going to do it ladies, so please stop begging
. j/k

But for real, I've seen Allandra's hair and it IS all that

jainygirl

i didnt know vitamin b was good for my hair
, i just started taking 100mg daily of B6 a few months ago as a supplement to my eating, good to know it's helping my hair too
-- jainygirl

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
. j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

Neroli

Most folks on this board ID their hair type as: 3a, 4b, etc. with some specificity in order to help each other figure out texture. Can you ID your type along those lines? Thanks!

jainygirl

Off Topic *** Allandra i just realized that you are now over 10,000 posts!!! Congrats on giving out so much excellent advice
-- jainygirl

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
Off Topic *** Allandra i just realized that you are now over 10,000 posts!!! Congrats on giving out so much excellent advice
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks jainygirl. You see how much I hang out here huh?

Neroli

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Most folks on this board ID their hair type as: 3a, 4b, etc. with some specificity in order to help each other figure out texture. Can you ID your type along those lines? Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumping for response. Thanks!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Bumping for response. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is why I indicated my hair type as 'naturally wavy' - since I'm uncertain about that particular scale that Andre(?) uses.

Allandra
Relaxed (NOT bone straight)-Past Waist Length-Thick-Wavy
Latest Touch Up 1/14/04, Latest Trim 1/14/04

Neroli

I imagine most on this board could fairly describe our hair as "naturally wavy" but the particular wave pattern is the difference between a 3a or 4b. As a newbie, I am surprised you have not attempted to narrow yours down to some degree. I found that people who do attempt to provide this specificity really help me figure out what to do for my hair -- when I first starting visiting this board I actually went online to a couple of sites by doing a search for "andre walker hair types" in order to really relate to the discussion on this board.

I too am uncertain whether my hair type is really 4b, but based on viewing the various categories, reached a fair comparison. I found that those identifying their hairtypes as 4a or 4b experience same issues as I and seem to have similar problems and/or solutions as I and is very very helpful when seeking advice. I mean, I really love SherryLove's hair, but knowing that hers is a different "type" from my informs me that her solutions will be different from mine and what works great for her may not be great for me.

Just a thought that you could probably provide great help to those with a similar hair type as yours. I know I have really enjoyed your posts for months! Thanks!

pebbles

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, Allandra! Woo-hoo!!!

Damn, you can talk! LOL!

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
pebbles said:
[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
jainygirl said:
-- jainygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, Allandra! Woo-hoo!!!

Damn, you can talk! LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Pebbles. Girl, these fingers can type up a storm.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
. j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

Armyqt,
How did u get 2 see Allandra's hair?

Allandra,
do u show people your hair upon request or privately like through email or something??

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
. j/k

[/ QUOTE ]

Armyqt,
How did u get 2 see Allandra's hair?

Allandra,
do u show people your hair upon request or privately like through email or something??

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I don't hun. I had a website with pictures on it back during the days of BHSGO (Black Hair Super Grow Out - an old Yahoo Hair Club).