Don't sleep on deep conditioning dry hair...with heat!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
This is the way I have always done my co-washes, only because I hate jumping in and out of the shower eight gazillion times.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
I've got a tub of ORS Hair Mayo that I gonna try as a deep conditioning pre-poo. It's been ages since I've used this product and I think it would really work well this way.

It makes sense, Ojon Restorative Treatment and Aubrey Organics conditioners have instructions to use them this way.

ETA: Well they don't mention the heat part but you get the drift.

I haven't used the ORS Mayo in a while either, so I'm going to try this method soon. Thanks for reminding me.

And thanks for the good tips (as usual), Sareca!

C

chica_canella

i agree. i am sitting under the dryer with rollers as i type. i prepoo'd on dry hair (but first i sprayed some plain water on the stubborn parts cause i am approaching 6 months post relaxer).

i prepoo'd w/coconut milk, evoo, ors replenishing pak, mane 'n tail condish, and honey. wrapped a warm towel around my plastic cap for about 20 mins under the hooded dryer.

then i clarified, shampooed, conditioned (while i cleaned myself) w/nexxus humectress for about 5 mins. and i used a dime-size of roux porosity control to finish off, and then i rollerset it. i have somewhere to go tomorrow and i have not washed my hair in about 10 days or so. my hair felt great considering i have a bush of ng.

Six months! That is great!:yep:

LABETT

I tried this last week with ORS Hair Mayo I used my Mastex Heating Cap and my hair turned out great.

Cleve_gryl

:ohsnap: Why did this work so well?!? I dc'd with Emergencia for like 10 minutes dry and then washed, rinsed/detangled with normal conditioner. My hair is softer than it normally is when I dc on wet hair. Good look Sareca!! :up:

ETA: It cut my wash time in (almost) half :grin:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
If you're staying up thinking of new ideas, the least we can do is stay awake and keep you company.:drunk: Nobody sleep!!

Dee-Licious

Since I can't go to sleep anyway tonight I'll try this.

I've often DCed on dry hair but never with heat... might as well since I'll be up anyway :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

SouthernTease

This is the only way I do it.
I don't feel like hopping in & out of the shower
to rinse stuff out... I deep condition, steam towel
under dryer as a pre-poo on dry hair, rinse out in
the shower... conditioner supposedly works better
on dry hair... all I know is I swear by it and wouldn't
do it any other way... actually I feel like I'm cheating
myself of the DC if I don't do at least 45 minutes w/heat.

Mestiza

Here's what I did, earlier tonight:

1.)Optimum Stay Strong Conditioner on dry hair under the dryer for 30 min.

2.)Rinsed hair

3.)Applied leave-in Conditioner and Amla Oil

4.)Airdried

Result: My hair is super shiny, soft and silky. :grin: This is sure enough a keeper! :clap:

sareca

This is the only way I do it.
I don't feel like hopping in & out of the shower
to rinse stuff out... I deep condition, steam towel
under dryer as a pre-poo on dry hair, rinse out in
the shower... conditioner supposedly works better
on dry hair... all I know is I swear by it and wouldn't
do it any other way... actually I feel like I'm cheating
myself of the DC if I don't do at least 45 minutes w/heat.

Me too! :blush:

sareca

Here's what I did, earlier tonight:

1.)Optimum Stay Strong Conditioner on dry hair under the dryer for 30 min.

2.)Rinsed hair

3.)Applied leave-in Conditioner and Amla Oil

4.)Airdried

Result: My hair is super shiny, soft and silky. :grin: This is sure enough a keeper! :clap:

Excellent! :happydance:

sareca

If you're staying up thinking of new ideas, the least we can do is stay awake and keep you company.:drunk: Nobody sleep!!

You guys go to bed! :sleeping:7-8 hours of sleep is a part of any good hair reggie. :lachen:

Actually, it's funny that you guys even mention not sleeping. I gave up coffee and now I have an extremely hard time falling asleep. I had no idea I was crashing before. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Brownie518

You guys go to bed! :sleeping:7-8 hours of sleep is a part of any good hair reggie. :lachen:

Actually, it's funny that you guys even mention not sleeping. I gave up coffee and now I have an extremely hard time falling asleep. I had no idea I was crashing before. :ohwell:

Well, whatever you are doing, your hair sure is appreciating it!!!! :gorgeous: