Dilemma... I like my new stylist but...

T

Tee

I want to switch to another stylist in the same salon. My current stylist (Stylist A) is really knowledgeable and I like how she applies a relaxer (no overlapping, letting the relaxer do the work instead of combing through, etc.). But there is another stylist (Stylist B) who has the most amazing head of hair! It is beautiful! Very healthy and shiny looking relaxed hair. I know nothing about how Stylist B works, but I want to switch to her on the sole basis of how her own hair looks. Is this a valid reason to switch? What do you ladies think?

diamondlady

I say, "Stick with who you know." Changing to someone in the same shop could cause lots of trouble between the two stylists. And . . . I grew up in a small town, one of the stylist there had very long beautiful hair and so did her daughters. The rumor was (and I say rumor because I never went to her) she would cut and jack other people's hair so it would not be longer than her or her daughters.

I hate to say this but I've witnessed a lot of envy, and hating in the salons and among other AA women.

Just my .02.

mly3e

The comb is stuck.
I had a friend do that once, but check this out- THE LADY HAD GREAT HAIR BECAUSE STYLIST A WAS DOING IT!!!!. Stick with the one you have. Stylist B may not be doing her own hair. In the salon I frequent, on slow days, they do each others hair. They practice new styles.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I can understand why you'd want to switch. Stylist B's hair speaks for itself & speaks highly of her own hair savvy. But, I'm with Diamondlady--if you have someone who is good with your hair & does right by you, don't change.

adrienne0914

i agree with everyone else!!! you KNOW for yourself that Stylist A does your hair right. why fix something that ain't broke? and you don't know who is doing Stylist B's hair. and you know the saying, "All that glitters is not gold."

so many women on this board would love to have Stylist A!!

itismehmmkay

I agree with sticking with Stylist A.

Here's an idea though:

Comment out loud about Stylist B's hair and ask Stylist A who cares for it

firecracker

ITA. Don't change stylist in the same shop, that always leads to drama. I know you probably feel like its your money but, believe me its not worth all the headaches.

T

Tee

Well, I've only been to Stylist A once, so I figured if I'm going to switch to someone else, now is the time to do it. And I was going to make sure I go to Stylist B on days when Stylist A doesn't work. Sheesh, sounds like I'm sneaking around on a boyfriend!
But, anyway, I will follow all of your advice and stick with Stylist A. LHCF knows best! Thanks for your input, ladies.

Chyna Red

when Stylist A is doing your hair...observe stylist B and see how she does things. I switched stylist in the same salon <when I used to go to salons> the one that i went to first.. did my hair okay but I didn't like the way she styled it. , i got a french roll and it was so far down on my head...I came home and changed it the next day> I waited like a month and then made an appointment with the other girl who did my hair 100% better. <the old stylist looked at me like I was familiar but she said nothing>...I had only gone to her once and who cares anyway...i was paying my money to have my hair done the way I wanted it. I had gotten a ponytail <fake one from the new stylist> and you could see my real hair underneath and I called her and she came in after hours on her off day and redid it.

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
Tee said:
Is this a valid reason to switch? What do you ladies think?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is not. Just being honest. You need to see how she works and what the results are on her customers' heads before you head on over to her.

I have switched from one hairdresser to another in the same salon and boldly, only because I was angry at the one who did my hair. Unfortunately, the second one turned out to be no better and I had to leave her too. Oh well.

SoniT

[ QUOTE ]
mly3e said:
I had a friend do that once, but check this out- THE LADY HAD GREAT HAIR BECAUSE STYLIST A WAS DOING IT!!!!. Stick with the one you have. Stylist B may not be doing her own hair. In the salon I frequent, on slow days, they do each others hair. They practice new styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY! Stylist A may be the reason why Stylist B's hair looks so healthy. Stylist B may let another stylist take care of her hair. I say stick with Stylist A, especially if you like they way she's doing your hair.

T

Tee

I know for a fact that my stylist doesn't do Stylist B's hair. I like Stylist A because she knows how to apply a relaxer and she knows the meaning of the word "trim". She's a little old fashioned when it comes to styling, but I feel safe with her. I may go to Stylist B for a wash/condition/style just to see how she works.

slwe415

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
I can understand why you'd want to switch. Stylist B's hair speaks for itself & speaks highly of her own hair savvy. But, I'm with Diamondlady--if you have someone who is good with your hair & does right by you, don't change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!!

ladylibra_30

the grass looks greener, huh?

don't switch...it sounds as if you have a gem in stylist a JUST because she applies your relaxer (chemical) properly and truly knows how to trim and NOT hack! this alone will make me as faithful as old yella!

why don't you just ask stylist b for her regimine and follow it....