Does everyone DO IT(Relax :) Sooner?.....

kizzylonghair

I know that everyone has a length of time that they relax there hair, my is usually 12 weeks.

But how many ladies tend to relax a little sooner... Maybe a few days, or a week before you hit your date.

Whats relaxing a little sooner between friends...

My relax date shoud be 19th Dec a Monday, so I have scheduled my appt for the 16th the Friday. Why not relax before the weekend and have my swinging hair. Its Christmas after all there may be a party.
:arguing: I AM TRYING TO CONVINCE U AND MYSELF RIGHT NOW.:lachen:

Really that only make me 11 weeks post..:pinocchio
Any other ladies just bring that date a little forward..........

Kizzy

*Frisky*

I think it depends on how fast your hair grows and how much new growth you have. I just relaxed my hair on the 14th of this month and the time before that was like the last week of August which was way too long to wait. I had alot of new growth. I think I usually do mine around every 8 weeks. I actually have an appointment already scheduled for December the 28th and I plan on getting my re touch then because I think I am gonna need it. That will put me at right at 7 weeks between relaxers.

sweetcashew

I do it all the time. I can't see what difference a day or two makes. If you have enough new growth to relax, then relax it. If I have a date or somewhere special to go, I go ahead a get that touch-up. Got to look good...got to look good :)

blackbarbie

kizzylonghair said:
I know that everyone has a length of time that they relax there hair, my is usually 12 weeks.

But how many ladies tend to relax a little sooner... Maybe a few days, or a week before you hit your date.

Whats relaxing a little sooner between friends...

My relax date shoud be 19th Dec a Monday, so I have scheduled my appt for the 16th the Friday. Why not relax before the weekend and have my swinging hair. Its Christmas after all there may be a party.
:arguing: I AM TRYING TO CONVINCE U AND MYSELF RIGHT NOW.:lachen:

Really that only make me 11 weeks post..:pinocchio
Any other ladies just bring that date a little forward..........

Kizzy

Girl, go head on! We won't tell if you don't tell! I'm convinced. Nothing serious is going to happen, except that you'll be looking fly for those X-mas parties! (a few days earlier is no big deal; you have gone 11 weeks whereas some people relax every 6 or 7 weeks...)

Happy Relaxing!

SouthernGirl

I am DEFINITELY guilty of this! My last two relaxers were early. I relaxed last night and I won't even tell you how early I was, but my hair is growing too fast to wait 12 weeks now without MAJOR shedding. I was losing so much hair the last couple weeks that I had to breakdown.

What I did this time though was I used less relaxer than I have ever used. Less than half a jar! I made sure I put it right on the new growth and did my best to prevent overlapping too much. I processed about 5 minutes less than normal also, and voila, beautiful, straight, shed-free hair!!!

I wore it down today and have had no shedding like I have been lately - even when I comb. It also feels amazingly heavier and I'm not sure why, but I'm happy!

:dance7:

My only problem is that I don't want to keep relaxing at shorter timeframes, so I've stopped using Surge and HF37 so I can have "normal" growth levels.

Tanelions

You will be fine. Sometimes the new growth is more than usual. Condition, Condition, Condition and you'll be alright :).

I actually scheduled mine exactly 10 weeks apart. Same day of the week and everything. I guess it's not that deep. :lol:

I'm getting my hair relaxed tomorrow. :yay:

kizzylonghair

Yeah :dance7:

I am not the only one to bring the date a little further. I am dealing with enough re-growth to relax today at 9 weeks. But I will hold out

Kizzy

LovelyZ

I go less by a time frame and more by my hair's growth. I relax my hair when I have enough new growth to do so. Even if it is sooner (or later) than my scheduled time.

Amarech

This is an interesting thread. Are you talking about the Christmas challenge or relaxing in general? It seems like you have a set amount of weeks between perms.

Maybe that's what I need to do because waiting so long has been good for my hair but I don't want to wait too long. HOwever, the only reason why I went this long is because of the challenge. If I don't set a time frame I may regress back into perming at 2.5 months (too soon!)

I think I'll be setting my time at 3.5 months. That will give me the max. amount of new growth without being too much and the max. amount of time between chemical processing.

YAY!

kizzylonghair

Taij said:
This is an interesting thread. Are you talking about the Christmas challenge or relaxing in general? It seems like you have a set amount of weeks between perms.

Maybe that's what I need to do because waiting so long has been good for my hair but I don't want to wait too long. HOwever, the only reason why I went this long is because of the challenge. If I don't set a time frame I may regress back into perming at 2.5 months (too soon!)

I think I'll be setting my time at 3.5 months. That will give me the max. amount of new growth without being too much and the max. amount of time between chemical processing.

YAY!

Hey Girl,

I am talking about general relaxing.

When you have a goal in mind like 12 weeks but you bring the date a little forward!!! Even though you could wait until exactly 12 weeks.

If you can go that long without a relaxer well done:lol: .
But I always bring the date forward

Kizzy