When Hair Is Underprocessed?

Nice

Hey Ladies /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

I recently had a relaxer done. After my second wash I realized that in certain areas on my head, my roots were a little bit kinky. I usually relax every 8 weeks.

Now question is, would you relax sooner or would you still wait the 8 weeks?

Thanks in Advance

ubavka123

Underprocessed hair is still chemically-treated hair. In your position, I would just wait the usual eight weeks and let your stylist (or whoever does your relaxer) fix those areas then--especially since it is just a few areas on the head. IMO, this is better for the hair. You want to minimize the amount of times you get the relaxer put on already relaxed hair (overlap). HTH

Mariaat40

I had a rather big underprocesing incident a while back. I still waited my usual length of time before I had a touch up. I just wore my hair in styles that required little manipulation - like buns and braidouts.

Nice

Thank you ladies for you advice. I think that I will wait the usually 8 weeks.

Faith

My hair is texturized even still about 2" of the roots was underprocessed about 8 weeks ago. I have had no problems with it so I'm most likely going to texturize again after 4-5 months(and do a corrective touch up on those areas). Just keep it moisturized and manipulate it as little as possible.