To Relax or not to relax....

HolyGhostGirl

Hey there ladies,

I have a question that is bothering me something terrible :wallbash:. Should I or should I not relax before getting kinky twist? I am currently pregnant and my hair is going so fast that I can barely keep up. Plus, I'm getting closer to my due date and I want a protective style while I concentrate on my new little one and getting the family in to a new routine with a new baby in the house. I need a relaxer something horrible (My hair goes in a Z pattern I believe and tangles on itself) and I want to know if I should relax my hair before getting it done in a couple days or wait until I take the twist out. TIA!

hopeful

I would not relax. Just deep condition and blow dry before getting the kinky twists installed. That way you'll get a nice relaxer stretch in.

MissSenegal

Do not relax you can cause serious damage to your hair that way. It will cause breakage just wait until after you take the twist out to relax.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I believe most relaxers warn people to wait at least 2 weeks before relaxing after braid styles. Your better off washing, conditioning, and reinstalling the kinky twists. Your hair is going to be so long! :yep: Congrats on your pregnancy!:rosebud:

shasha8685

Do not relax! It can cause breakage! One thing to keep in mind when you are getting kinky twists (or braids for that matter) is that you are adding additional weight to you hair. You don't want to break down your hair and weaken it (via a relaxer) then add weight to it.

ms.blue

it's easier for the braider to grip the hair when there is new growth & also freshly relaxed hair is more fragile which would cause breakage and the braids will loosen quickly.