Does anyone Oil their Scalp Daily (???)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Does anyone oil their scalp daily? If not, how often do you oil your scalp? I was wondering if this is a good idea, or can it lead to big time build up and clogged pores? Is it okay to use it if you plan on massaging your scalp daily? Thanks in advance! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Irresistible

I keep my scalp and my daughter's scalp oiled regularly , either with oils or butters. I havent found the need to do it daily , just on an as needed basis , which if i had to guess is about every few days.

I dont see why it would cause problems with build up, or clogged pores (unless your using grease, but even then i had no problems myself using grease) and the massages will be good for your scalp and cirrculation...i say go for it

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
thanks Irresistible! i havent seen you post in a while! but i will use them on an as needed basis. btw, i just love your hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

miracle

My scalp stays pretty dry, so I oil it every two-three days with 100% pure coconut oil or a mix of essential oils. I've also used Softee and Proclaim Coconut Oil, and I haven't had any problems with build up or clogged pores.

genesis

I don't oil my scalp daily, my head would be an oily mess if I did. I do oil my scalp every 3-5 days though. I have heard of people using oil lightly on their fintertips and massaging their scalps daily, and then some just massage their scalp with no oil. I guess it's up to the individual, I think that what is most important is the stimulation of the scalp. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dreemssold

[ QUOTE ]
genesis said:
I have heard of people using oil lightly on their fintertips and massaging their scalps daily

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do, but not daily. I try, but it usually ends up being 4-5 times per week /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif.

Huggette

i lube my scalp about every other night before wrapping. especially now that it's getting colder out. my scalp tends to be dryer in the winter.

GoingBack

I put something on my scalp everyday, at the very least every other day. My hair is very dry and since its colder now, I want to keep it moisturized. I don't have a problem with clogging either.

SouthernGirl

I don't oil my scalp everyday, but I make sure I pack enough grease or WGO on my scalp on wash days to last until the next time I wash. Since I shampoo 2x per week, I'm usually good to go.

My scalp is very happy because of it!

candibaby

hmm.. i think i might finally try this WGO that everybody's raving about..

I usually just put Carrot Oil on my scalp.. but that doesnt really count I dont think.

BAILEYSCREAM

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Does anyone oil their scalp daily? If not, how often do you oil your scalp? I was wondering if this is a good idea, or can it lead to big time build up and clogged pores? Is it okay to use it if you plan on massaging your scalp daily? Thanks in advance! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really oil my scalp daily, but I keep it moisturised with better braids braid spray. I also massage in jojoba oil and I use the better braids spray oil to lock in the moisture. That has been my routine now for about 3 weeks and I do massage my scalp daily, putting in some oil just makes it easier IMO.

I don't really see a problem with oiling your scalp daily, with oil. I have a problem with heavy grease on the scalp though because I find it makes my hair feel dry and makes it smell.:)

mkstar826

supersonic
not daily or even routinely, but just whenever my scalp feels dry i'll use some coconut oil on it and massage it in. works like a charm :)

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I am with Irresistible. I oil on an 'as needed' basis. I usually pretreat my scalp with a tea tree oil and olive oil combination right before shampooing. I place a plastic cap on my head to lock in the moisture. I just started back using jojoba oil for my scalp, as needed. It is the closest oil to your natural oil, sebum.

Nenah

I only oil my scalp as needed which is when my scalp feels tight but has not happened alot lately due to me keeping my hair moisturized.