Do you think hairstyles like these are childish?

classoohfive

I think as long as you like it, it's cool :)

I was once told that my box braids looked like something a little girl would wear but I couldn't round up enough emotion to care ;)

I hope you put those braids in a pony tail and used it to smack them upside the head. Those things get heavy, lol.

The only reason I don't wear them like I used to is because I don't feel like taking all day to put them in. I was thinking about having someone else do them for the summer so I can take a break from my hair. Do you wear them often or just every now and then? The thickness in your signature :lick: reminds me of how thick my hair used to be when I braided more often and therefore couldn't mess with and damage my hair.

I loooove wearing my hair half up half down. I'm like you, just wearing it down doesn't really cut it for me lol. I think they are cute :3 Wear your hair how you like.

Yep! Best of both worlds. I can wear my hair up and it looks better in the front, and then in the back I can still show off my length, lol.

kinkycurlygurl

I don't think they're childish at all. They are cute, youthful and fun. At 21, you're good with these hair styles. Go forth and be your beautiful, stylish self my sister!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
some of them are just dated. i wore those flat twist styles when i was in junior high and high school in the 90s.
eta: nicole's twists on the side are more "in" than the others, IMO. i'm not saying flat twists are out...but the style of it matters
I was gonna say the same. I like Nicole's (love the feathers!) but the others are dated...not that it means you cant wear it if you want....you can wear anything you want, it's your hair. I just think 90's when I see the styles you posted. I'm all about individuality and doing what you like though....I will do something dated if I love it but i usually try to modernize it in some way.

Last edited:

PersuasiveBeauty

I love you ladies! Thanks for the input all.. Now I'm feeling like "I DARE A **** TO STEP TO ME AND SAY SUMTIN! ...I JUST KNOW I LOOK GOOD!"

SuchaLady

When I get my hair back to MBL I will be rocking that Gabby style lol. I don't care for my hair to be all down at once but I do like to wear it down if that mKes sense. I love the half up half down style. That's how I wore it for Easter. it was with flexis though. And It doesn't have to be straight either. You can wear it that way curly or crinkly.