Styles that PROVE your hair is NOT fake-

glamazon386

I wouldn't even care. You'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't. And you can add weave to emulate pretty much any style.

SherylsTresses

[semi fun post]

Please post pics or give ideas of hair styles that may prove to others your hair is not a wig, weave or fake. Now we all know that people will believe what they want regardless of wht we do or say.
BUT if they are on the fence...

Bantus?

Half-up, half-down?

Half braided/twisted, half down/out?

Making the edges and kitchens very obvious in the style?

Two ponytails?

Two different hairstyles in the same day or within a short amount of time? Down one minute and a high pony the next?

Scratching the scalp loudly as you pass the nay-sayers by? :lachen:

Walking around with your ponytail holder in hand?

Excessively flipping your hair or running your fingers through your hair?

Anyone, anyone?

I might do all of this in one week, I want to show off my hard work dayum it!

Fine 4s, your hair is sooo beautiful and so thick!!! :yep:

Traycee

I wouldn't even care. You'll be damned if you do and damned if you don't. And you can add weave to emulate pretty much any style.

I'm with Glamazon on this one...Even though this thread had me laughing out loud....I can really relate....No matter how I wear my hair people swear its not mine...So who cares...I used to let women make me uncomfortable ...Not anymore ...I flip my hair , play in my hair ...Whatever..I worked hard to grow this mane...I will be d**** if I let other people stop me from enjoying it...

Fine 4s

On ANTM a couple nights ago, one of the judges asked a contestant to put her hair up in a high pony and Tyra jumped in saying 'Nigel, the girl got a weave, she can't do no high pony.'

Now I know what I'm going to do...a high pony! lol

hillytmj

Ditto. Someone will always think it's a weave or fake hair just to soothe their own ego. Don't look to your detractors for validation. :nono:

ITA. People will always assume things, but I'm just glad to know my own hair is mine because it's less expensive and painful (i.e. a sew in weave) to maintain. The people who are closest to you like boyfriends/husbands/friends will know. Your hair is beautiful btw.

bbdgirl

The first thing that came to my mind was two ponytails...

But more importantly...
4s your hair is so freakin gorgeous, your avatar pic...that bun is ridiculous
Where can I see more pics?

dachsies_rule!

I love to part my hair from front to back and wear it in 2 braids with no rubber bands or scrunchies (native american style). Oh, the haters come out those days 'cause you can't do that with a weave, lace front or even attachable hair. Just let those braids hang down the front. It's so lovely :grin:

lilsparkle825

When I had my bantu knots/knot out no one questioned if it was my hair
**Photo's Courtesy Of my BlackMasterpiece facebook Fan Page**:
Bantu Knot

Bantu Knot Out

how long did it take those to dry? i tried one of these and the next day they were still damp like i had cowashed...

OP, i wish i could answer your question, but after seeing that thread on High Definition Wigs i'm not sure there is a style like that :lachen:i just pull all my hair up like i am trying to scratch my nape and let it fall.

Nouvelle

Whenever my hair is in a frizzy or kinky state....no one questions if its my hair because poofy hair isn't the hot commodity in the BBS lol

But yea when my hair is Flat Ironed and I'm on the train and I notice a few eyes lingering looking like their "deciding" I purpusefully scratch the middle of my head and let them observe the way my scalp doesn't move lmao or ill do a scratch from the middle of my hair down to the nape on purpose.....I really can't help but to flip my hair at this point so it doesn't get caught on my purse strap or what have you........I really don't care I worked hard these four years being natural and I flaunt the heck outta it!:cool2:

This is me in Washington for the Inauguration this January, Aint nothin like a fresh trim!:yep:

When I had my bantu knots/knot out no one questioned if it was my hair
**Photo's Courtesy Of my BlackMasterpiece facebook Fan Page**:
Bantu Knot

Bantu Knot Out

Such pretty hair!! Did you flat iron your hair before you did the bantu knot outs, or did you do them(bantu knots)on your natural hair? Also, how long do the bantu knot outs last? And how do you get such smooth results? I can't do that for the life of me lol.

Bachelorette

I don't see any reason for anyone to try to prove their hair is real. Real or fake it's none of anyone's business but yours.

Thank You.

I wish I cared enough to prove anything to anyone. People already think my halfwigs are my hair anyway LOL

jamaraa

None. If people are DETERMINED to think your hair is a weave/wig/whatever, they will no matter what you say, do, or how you style your hair. Let them think it w/o sweating it. What's to prove to someone anyway? Who cares anyway...no matter what they think, your hair will remain on YOUR head, not theirs!!! ;):curtain:

If you grew it or bought it, it's YOURS! :yep:

Embyra

if you do manage to convince them its your own hair you know they will be thinking to themselves she got that good hair ....she got that indian in her thats why its long :yep::lachen: