Styles that PROVE your hair is NOT fake-

Fine 4s

[semi fun post]

Please post pics or give ideas of hair styles that may prove to others your hair is not a wig, weave or fake. Now we all know that people will believe what they want regardless of wht we do or say.
BUT if they are on the fence...

Bantus?

Half-up, half-down?

Half braided/twisted, half down/out?

Making the edges and kitchens very obvious in the style?

Two ponytails?

Two different hairstyles in the same day or within a short amount of time? Down one minute and a high pony the next?

Scratching the scalp loudly as you pass the nay-sayers by? :lachen:

Walking around with your ponytail holder in hand?

Excessively flipping your hair or running your fingers through your hair?

Anyone, anyone?

I might do all of this in one week, I want to show off my hard work dayum it!

BlackMasterPiece

Whenever my hair is in a frizzy or kinky state....no one questions if its my hair because poofy hair isn't the hot commodity in the BBS lol

But yea when my hair is Flat Ironed and I'm on the train and I notice a few eyes lingering looking like their "deciding" I purpusefully scratch the middle of my head and let them observe the way my scalp doesn't move lmao or ill do a scratch from the middle of my hair down to the nape on purpose.....I really can't help but to flip my hair at this point so it doesn't get caught on my purse strap or what have you........I really don't care I worked hard these four years being natural and I flaunt the heck outta it!:cool2:

This is me in Washington for the Inauguration this January, Aint nothin like a fresh trim!:yep:

When I had my bantu knots/knot out no one questioned if it was my hair
**Photo's Courtesy Of my BlackMasterpiece facebook Fan Page**:
Bantu Knot

Bantu Knot Out

Last edited:

Mizz Diamonds

Some people have so many techniques these days with weaves I don't think there are styles that people will think are real

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
Idk..You can buy a wig/lacefront in sooo many styles colors know..Always gonna be certain people that assume you're wearing a really good lacefront or a baggin weave. :look:

knt1229

I don't see any reason for anyone to try to prove their hair is real. Real or fake it's none of anyone's business but yours. You should never feel that you have to prove anything to anybody. Be proud of you and your hair. Take it as a compliment that folks are wasting their energy speculating about the realness of it. It must look good for them to question it.

If you don't like them touching you and your hair then put them in check and KIM. But don't prove anything to anybody. You don't owe anybody anything.

snillohsss

When my hair is curly people assume it is a weave. Now that I've been wearing it straight this week, I don't get it much...

Barbie83

OP, you could part your hair a million different ways, take it up, take it down, comb it right in front of someone, and they STILL will find a way to say it's fake.

Your hair is gorgeous and thick, of course they're gonna hate! I would worry about the day you don't have any haters.

Just do you boo!

Fine 4s

Bantu Knot
Bantu Knot Out

[/QUOTE]

That bantu knot out is FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!
And that trim pic was kinda hot too though...

isobell

[semi fun post]

Please post pics or give ideas of hair styles that may prove to others your hair is not a wig, weave or fake. Now we all know that people will believe what they want regardless of wht we do or say.

Bantus?

Half-up, half-down?

Two ponytails?

Two different hairstyles in the same day or within a short amount of time? Down one minute and a high pony the next?

Anyone, anyone?

:lachen:you're a nut...I have no suggestions just wanted to tell you your hair is just gorgeous and so versatile!

Anew

I think pretty much any style can be duplicated... You can add pieces, clip ons, weave fros, kinky weaves, silky weaves, etc...

There is a weave for every hair type...

isabella09

WOW Fine 4s, Sorry, I don’t have an answer to your question as I’m :drool: over your hair! It’s absolutely breathtakingly beautiful!

jamaraa

Fine4s...you have a beautiful head of hair, so why worry if people think it's fake? As another poster pointed out, there's a weave now for whatever style because these things have a tendency to follow wherever the trends may be heading. Shrug....yours belongs to you and it's beautiful, just take it as the whole imitation-flattery matrix and don't worry about it.

Last edited:

MummysGirl

OP, your hair is amazing!!! So is BlackMasterPiece's!!!

I'd say Pigtails, 2 french braids so your scalp can be seen.

My hair is betwen SL and APL and I am transitioning but when I have some of my curly styles, people still ask if it's my hair :huh: :lachen: and I wonder, "If I was going to wear a wig or weave, would I have it this short?"

Jetblackhair

This is so funny OP as there is a lady that I see from time to time and she wears her hair half up & half down. My first thought was that she wears her hair that way to prove it hers. :lachen:

By the way OP your hair is beautiful!

fyb87

[semi fun post]

Bantus?

Half-up, half-down?

Two ponytails?

Anyone, anyone?

Hysterical post!! :lachen::lachen: I say do them all!:grin:

JollyGal

Lol this topic is going to be fun

Bookmarking it

ETa: OP that bun in your avi should win a medal or something. WOW

Deja9

Just answer OP's question the best you can, ladies. No matter what-lace fronts, etc still look fake to some degree and most weaves cannot mimic all real hair styles.

EXAMPLES:

1)wear a banana clip!
2)wear a banana clip brushed to one side.
2)take one of those tooth combs and wear as a style
3) wear two long braids or two french braids parted down the middle
4)the middle parts are fab-plus there's no slight hump, indicating a weave

Okay, so I will admit that you may not be able to prove you're not wearing a track or two-BUT it will be obvious your hair is long-regardless of tracks or no tracks. Don't forget that your real hair has one texture and mainly one color.

SEMO

Bantu Knot Out

I LOVE this style. This is how I dream of my bantu knot-outs looking. Great job.

OP, you could part your hair a million different ways, take it up, take it down, comb it right in front of someone, and they STILL will find a way to say it's fake.

Your hair is gorgeous and thick, of course they're gonna hate! I would worry about the day you don't have any haters.

Just do you boo!

Ditto. Someone will always think it's a weave or fake hair just to soothe their own ego. Don't look to your detractors for validation. :nono:

Naturallong81

ok i just felel in love with the hair in here.
you should run your finger down the middle and bring the hair to each side of your hair. or just randomly pick up half your hair like u gonna do a ponytail but never do it.

hiphoprocker

:grin:lol you guys are a mess!!! lololol but i do hate the looks i'll get from the girls with the "tweet tweet" ponytails.. you know the ones that have to load their hair up with that hard brown gel just to get it in a ponytail. and then they always take that lil tweet of hair and pull it all the way up to the top of their heads lol...and wonder why their lil tweet never grows.. not as bad on the younger girls but i hate to see that on a grown woman that should know better:nono: but i digress lol

i love the banana clips though.. its hard to get a weave in a banana clip and i love to wear mine when my hair is air dried and fluffed out.. so much more dramatic that when my hair is straightened in the clip.. plus it holds better when you have some texture in your hair.:yep: