Votes: 111 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 71 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Piscesgirl718

This is great information. I am going to try this the next time I wash my hair. I don't like hopping in and out of the shower.

SpiritJunkie

i love this method...i normally poo after DCìng on dry hair but today I used Keracare Humecto and the feeling was too good to add poo after.

since i wash 2`ce a week i will Dc (motions) with poo once and then without (humecto)the 2nd time and see how it goes

Bigghair

I voted sometimes, but I guess I should have voted all the time. :ohwell: I did this yesterday. I detangled from a twistout and slathered on my yogurt and honey mixture. It works well for me.

Roland

I have never done this before and never thought about doing it so I'm going to try this on my next wash day. This could really help because I hate having to get out of the shower soaking wet to DC.

ebonylocs

I've never done this. It seems weird to dc on dry dirty hair and then shampoo all the conditioner down the drain. I've preepoo'ed w/olive oil though.

Yeah. I agree it might seem like that.

But that's why it's important to use a true deep conditioner that works by *penetrating* the strand, and not an every day one that just coats the strand.

Also, I don't shampoo aggressively. I focus my shampoo on the scalp and mostly rinse the hair.

lovelymissyoli

it makes sense...but my hair seems to take up more product on a dry DC. I tried the Pantene deep conditioning mask, it only lasted me two uses.

This is my problem as well. It seems as though I'm wasting more product because it takes more for my hair to soak it up as opposed to when it's wet. On the other hand, I have done an oil rinse before and this worked much better than using conditioner!!

cookie1

A few months ago, a stylist was giving hair tips in Cosmo magazine. Among other things, he said that dc'ing on dry hair was better because conditioner penetrates a lot more efficiently on dry hair than wet hair. He said you should dc with heat, rinse, shampoo and do a quick condition afterwards. I've been doing it like that ever since I read it, and I love how my hair feels. Convenience AND great results :grin:

My beautician said the same thing about rinses & hot oil treatments so, I just decided if those products take better on dry hair it'll be best for dcing also. I've been doing this since cowashing and it's mor manageable and feels soft instead of stiff. she said water can block the hair from getting all it should from some products.

hillytmj

I tried DC'ing on dry hair and on wet hair and it didn't penetrate enough. The cure - sitting under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes with my DC on wet hair (in a curl bag of course). I could TOTALLY feel the difference!

TrulyBlessed

I've been doing this for about two years now and would have it no other way. The conditioner really penetrates on dry hair and it makes detangling a breeze.

BeautifulRoots

Question...when are you all detangling? Are you putting on the dc, then detangling before rinsing it out in the shower, or sometime after?

TrulyBlessed

Question...when are you all detangling? Are you putting on the dc, then detangling before rinsing it out in the shower, or sometime after?

Both. I put on the DC and some olive oil and let it sit for two hours without heat under a shower cap and then comb it with a K cutter comb before washing it out. I put my hair in 4 plaits, then I poo and condition for 15-30min then rinse. I remove the plaits one at a time and apply my leave in and do one last comb through before putting it back in large plaits/twists to dry. I've done it without detangling before rinsing and I didnt have any problems, so in my case it's optional but I prefer detangling first so I have less detangling to do later.

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

Ladies who dc on dry hair... do you use cones? I alway feel like the conditioner won't penetrate effectively through all the oil and moisturizer and I don't use cones that often.

Aggie

Ladies who dc on dry hair... do you use cones? I alway feel like the conditioner won't penetrate effectively through all the oil and moisturizer and I don't use cones that often.

Yup my present conditioners have cones in them. I am just switching over to less cones now, using more organic hair products without parabens, waxes and cones in my upcoming new and improved regimen sometime next year:yep:.