Votes: 111 49.1%
  • No

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 71 31.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Songbirdb

sometimes i'll deep condition on dry hair instead of doing a pre-poo. this works better for me than doing it on wet hair (when i'm not using a dryer)...

the way i see it, the hair can soak up more moisture from the conditioner when it's dry than when it's wet. the same way a sponge soaks up more stuff when it's dry as opposed to when it's wet.[/quote]

Exactly why I do it. It soaks up more moisture, it leaves the hair more manageable and its already detangled so it makes stretching my relaxers alot easier. It softens the hair as well and its always smoother and always has more shine.My hair has been thriving from this so I'll always do this. I do it every time I mess in my hair (which is everyday). Sometimes I'll just do this, then co wash, then dc with heat. But I have no life so...

I've never done this. It seems weird to dc on dry dirty hair and then shampoo all the conditioner down the drain. I've preepoo'ed w/olive oil though.

Harmony0221

What if you hair is somewhat dirty, does it still penetrate?

in my case I only wash my hair every 3 weeks after I take my twist out and I use I lot of oils and sprays during that time and my results are still good. I just don't sit under a dryer and I leave it in longer, maybe even overnight...

metalkitty

in my case I only wash my hair every 3 weeks after I take my twist out and I use I lot of oils and sprays during that time and my results are still good. I just don't sit under a dryer and I leave it in longer, maybe even overnight...

Okay thanks! I did this with AO GPB then clarified, and dc'ed and my hair came out pretty nice!

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I do this sometimes and the results are good. But it depends on how much product buildup is on the hair. If I used alot of product, I poo, towel blot out as much water as I can, then apply the DC.

prospurr4

I dc on dry hair, I like it because I only have to get into the shower once instead of jumping out then back in to rinse my dc out.

Exactly....and I don't sit under a dryer to DC. I just apply the DC, cover with a plasitc cap for 30-45 minutes, using body heat only for conditioning.

I used to shampoo first, then DC, and I find I get the same the results with DC on dry hair...and I LOVE getting in the shower just one time.

It~Can~Grow

I guess I do a DC with cheapie con w/eo's (15-30 min), but I thought the real DC (30 min -1 hr) was supposed to be the last conditioner?

It makes sense that some conditioner seems to slide off wet hair, but aren't we removing more of the DC if we do first > then shampoo > end with an average conditioner?

Just wondering as I'm still trying to get a solid regimen and stick with it :yep:

Last edited:

Sunshine0801

At what point are you all detangling? Do you apply the conditioner to dry hair and then detangle?

After clarifying, I soak up excess moisture with a towel, apply my conditioner, and then detangle. I would think that even if the hair is loaded with conditioner, if you try to detangle on dry hair, the hair is more susceptible to breakage, no?

amwcah

Thanks for your response Ladies.

For those who voted yes, do you DC on dry hair out of convenience, not necerssarily because it's more beneficial than the traditional way?

I deep condition on dry hair when:

I am trying to detangle from wearing braids.
Save time.
Avoid jumping in and out of the shower.

I'm officially in love with this method :heart:. I tried it tonight using keracare humecto, loreal mega strength, honey, castor oil, and olive oil. Hair was unbelievably soft and for once I finally got out all my tangles though this was probably due to changing my methods. I sat under the dryer for 30mins and rinsef then did a acv rinse and honey rinse. I probably will never go back to the wet DC unless I have build up - thanks ladies! :hug2:

leona2025

I tried this tonight too. It seems just as effective jumping in and out the shower just way more convenient . I don't have a hooded dryer so I usually just put the plastic cap on and blow dry around it about 10 minutes and then I let it set for a hour or so or to when I'm ready to rinse it out.

JerriBlank

I guess I do a DC with cheapie con w/eo's (15-30 min), but I thought the real DC (30 min -1 hr) was supposed to be the last conditioner?

It makes sense that some conditioner seems to slide off wet hair, but aren't we removing more of the DC if we do first > then shampoo > end with an average conditioner?

Just wondering as I'm still trying to get a solid regimen and stick with it :yep:
This is exactly what i am thinking. I too dc on dry hair.The effects of this on my hair are enough that i try to avoid dc'ing on wet hair as much as possible.
I have never shampooed or co-washed after a dc because i want the effects of the dc to stay on my hair.
The way i see it is that this works because i shampoo when i need Therefore no build-up.If that happens,clarify or chelate. I need to find a good clarigying,or chelating shampoo because the last one took my hair out.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I tried it once and my hair came out really well but it also comes out really well when I shampoo first so I never bothered to try it again.

nybeat26

I tried this last night and sat under the dryer for 30 mins when I jumped in the shower to rinse my hair felt so smooth and silky, I didn't want to shampoo becasue I felt like it would take the feeling away but it didn't.

Sunshine0801

At what point are you all detangling? Do you apply the conditioner to dry hair and then detangle?

After clarifying, I soak up excess moisture with a towel, apply my conditioner, and then detangle. I would think that even if the hair is loaded with conditioner, if you try to detangle on dry hair, the hair is more susceptible to breakage, no?

Anyone??? :look:

Traycee

I don't detangle till after the conditioner has soften my hair....So I wait....I would never detangle right after I put the conditioner in my hair..

MrsBKJ

Anyone??? :look:

Hey sunshine
I have used con on dry hair for several years, both for convenience but also because I feel the benefits are better. It allows my hair to soak up the conditioner to soak up more of the good stuff.

I would allow the conditioner to penetrate my hair and only detangle when Im rinsing it out, both the water pressure and the slip from the ocnditioner seems to make it easier to detangle my hair.

HTH

Uzz

Aggie

I DC on dry hair first for the convenience but I gatta tell ya, the benefits are astonishing, because my hair turns out reeally soft afterwards. I like it, I like it a lot.

RocStar

I had never thought about this until I saw this thread. So last night I put some Elasa QP DPR-11 on my dry hair and sat under my hood dryer for about 30 minutes. I will admit that it felt weird to put conditioner on dry hair. It was hard for me to tell if I used enough. I am so used to putting my conditioner on wet hair and then gently combing through, so I can ensure the conditioner gets distributed to all of my hair and to know if I used enough.

Anyway, I then jumped in the shower, rinsed my hair, and then put some more (just a little) conditioner on (habit I guess),
did my shower business :bath2:and then did a final rinse.

My hair felt like BUTTA! I felt like like shaking my hair and dancing like a RocStar.
:rocker:

My hair tends to be on the dry side and I can't remember a time my hair felt like it did last night right out of the shower. Oh and only having to go in the shower one time was like the cherry on top.

I would recommend that everyone try conditioning on dry hair at least once. It worked for me and might for you. :grin:

Sunshine0801

Hey sunshine
I have used con on dry hair for several years, both for convenience but also because I feel the benefits are better. It allows my hair to soak up the conditioner to soak up more of the good stuff.

I would allow the conditioner to penetrate my hair and only detangle when Im rinsing it out, both the water pressure and the slip from the ocnditioner seems to make it easier to detangle my hair.

HTH

Uzz

I think I could do this. :yep: I need some type of moisture (from water) in my hair before I can detangle thoroughly. I have DC'ed on dry hair while in braids, but I'll try DC'ing on dry loose hair for the first time next week when I wash. :)

MrsBKJ

I think I could do this. :yep: I need some type of moisture (from water) in my hair before I can detangle thoroughly. I have DC'ed on dry hair while in braids, but I'll try DC'ing on dry loose hair for the first time next week when I wash. :)

Ohhh make sure you let us know how it goes!!

Uzz