Deep Condition on Dry Hair

poeticmusiqu

I see that alot of ladies deep condition on dry hair and i was considering trying also. I was wondering when you do deep condition on dry hair do you still use a plastic cap and get under the dryer?

Aggie

When I DC on dry hair I do it all the ways I would when I do them wet. Sometimes I DC on dry hair with a plastic cap on when I exercise (you should see the steam created from a hot workout under the plastic cap), I sometimes do so while I'm watching TV, cleaning up the house and sometimes when I don't have much time to do a full wash and wet DC, but I also go under the dryer sometimes too. There are no "one" special way I do it and they all work pretty well:yep:.

newflowers

I really like the results of deep conditioning on dry hair, but sometimes I need to make sure I have no or little product buildup;otherwise, the conditioner can't really do its job. I will wash my hair and then blot with a towel letting my hair mostly air dry before putting on the conditioner, plastic cap and under the dryer. This gives me excellent results.

Most times, I wake up on Saturday and before going outside to work in the garden, I slather my hair, put on a plastic cap, plop my garden hat on my head, and work for a couple of hours. This also gives excellent results.

I also think there is no one true way, and you need to experiment with a variety of methods to see what works best for you. I have found there are alternatives to sitting under the dryer for 30+ minutes, and I can get things done and do my hair at the same time.

hairsothick

Black and Magical
When I DC on dry hair, I put a plastic cap on and sleep with it on through the night and rinse it out the next day.

lina

I use a regular grocery store plastic bag (they accumulate quickly) when I condition on dry hair and a plastic cap to deep condition. I really like the result of conditioning on dry hair.

sydwrites

I love DC on dry hair, yes I also use a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes. I really love the effects.

TrendySocialite

I DC'd on dry hair last night for the first time. I think this will become a part of my regimen from now on!

I am 11 weeks post and it's getting unruly! So I decided to try DC'ing on dry hair. I applied condish and put on a plastic cap. I DC'd for about 3 hours with no heat (I ate dinner and watched 24). I rinsed, applied Lacio Lacio and went to bed. But when I was applying the Lacio, I noticed how soft my hair was and how soft the new growth was. But I knew the test would be when I rolled my hair this morning.

So I wet and rolled my hair this morning. When it dried it was like SILK! Before I flat ironed the roots and wrapped it. I literally have the same effect as I do when I damp-to-dry flat iron. It's light, fluffy and bouncy! I love it! And with less heat than the damp-to-dry flat iron technique.

I will do this again for sure!!!!!

Nonie

When I DC with dry hair, I do either: sometimes I will go under a dryer with a plastic cap on. Sometimes I will just wear a plastic cap and go about doing my errands (with a hat on if out in public).

soulie

When I DC with dry hair, I do either: sometimes I will go under a dryer with a plastic cap on. Sometimes I will just wear a plastic cap and go about doing my errands (with a hat on if out in public).

Me, SJ, and the public thank you for the hat :lachen:

Luscious Locks

Can anyone recommend a protein free conditioner to used on dry hair as a deep conditioner? All of my conditioners have protein in them. My hair loves protein, but not on dry hair. My hair rebels.

TIA.

Nonie

Not sure but how about Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner.

Directions
Shake well before using. After shampooing, apply to damp hair and work through, concentrating on the ends. Leave on for 1 to 2 minutes, then rinse. For deep conditioning: Apply to dry hair and distribute from scalp to ends. Leave on for 15 minutes, then shampoo and condition hair as usual.

Aggie

Can anyone recommend a protein free conditioner to used on dry hair as a deep conditioner? All of my conditioners have protein in them. My hair loves protein, but not on dry hair. My hair rebels.

TIA.

I use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose or White camellia. They are both extremely moisturizing:yep:.

Miniaturemom

When I DC on dry hair, I put a plastic cap on and sleep with it on through the night and rinse it out the next day.

I do this too! It forces me to take care of myself (first), first thing in the morning. But I was starting to rethink it. (Still trying to perfect my regimen.) Do you know of any downsides to DC'ing for 6-8 hours?