Did vitamins make you BLOAT?

nodisrespect

When I am consistent in the gym, I never have any problems with my figure. If I had been eating too much, two weeks in the gym is enough to iron that out. But ever since I started taking vitamins daily, my midsection is horribly bloated and it isn't going away. I have been in the gym 4 times weekly and I'm not eating anything more than usual - the vitamins are the only thing I'm doing differently.

Has anybody else experienced bloat with vitamins? Because if I narrow it down as the cause, it's going to have to go. I would rather be bald than fat :nono:

KPH

House Head
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFINITELY AND IT IS MY MIDSECTION THAT WON'T LEAVE TOO.

SleepyJean

When I am consistent in the gym, I never have any problems with my figure. If I had been eating too much, two weeks in the gym is enough to iron that out. But ever since I started taking vitamins daily, my midsection is horribly bloated and it isn't going away. I have been in the gym 4 times weekly and I'm not eating anything more than usual - the vitamins are the only thing I'm doing differently.

Has anybody else experienced bloat with vitamins? Because if I narrow it down as the cause, it's going to have to go. I would rather be bald than fat :nono:

Yes, they did! the bloating is only temporary, though. That is exactly why I can not take them at night.

nodisrespect

How long do you have to take them for the bloat to go away? This is messing with my warm weather plans :angry2: I feel like I'm in the gym everyday for nothing, wasting my time.

Kurlee

yup! and i drink at least two litres of water a day. I was blowing up and it completely threw my period off 4 weeks off!:look: I been off them for two weeks and am literally shrinking. I was taking biotin, bcomplex, msm and flax. No more for me:nono:

nodisrespect

ugh i'm going to have to quit vitamins. I am not about to enter the warm and sunny season with a gut. NO THANK YOU VITAMINS.

Does no one know any alternative methods to taking vitamins and preventing bloating? :wallbash:

ajoyfuljoy

yeah, I started taking my supps after a long break and i've noticed weird changes in my body...glad to see im not the only person experiencing weird side effects

KPH

House Head
Does the Flax=Fat? I got 2 more left and after that i'm done taking them, and that multi vit. The multi curbs my apetite some something has me ROUND in the middle.

dinaaike

Yes. I didn't keep too close track of it, but I think I was bloated for maybe 2 and a half months. Yes, months.

It is temporary, but it seems like my chronic fatigue has gotten worse, not better. For a while there, I was back at 100%...and full of gas :look: .

I was, and still am, taking a multi without iron, a separate iron supplement, and a protein supplement because I'm a vegetarian and I'm sick of beans right now.

If you can handle it, it goes away and you go back to normal physically, but I do wonder what other "hidden" effects they may have. HTH!

nodisrespect

Ah 2 and a half months?!!!! Boooooo! I guess my vitamin regimen will have to wait until winter rolls back around.

Other side affects: lots of gas and being kept a lot more "regular" if you know what I mean... not having too much fun with those side effects either.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
What brand of vitamins do you take? Make sure you take ones without preservatives/extras. Centrum is one of those with the preservatives/extras

dinaaike

LOL @ booooo :lachen:

Oh yeah! I also had some new problems digesting starches. Fruit and other wonderful starches would cause mammoth bloating and discomfort for a while there. I started to think something was really wrong with me until I realized it was just the stupid multi.

I used to take the chewable Centrum off and on with no problem. When I switched to Bayer Nutritional Science and took it daily...watchoutnow! :yawn:

Kurlee

LOL @ booooo :lachen:

Oh yeah! I also had some new problems digesting starches. Fruit and other wonderful starches would cause mammoth bloating and discomfort for a while there. I started to think something was really wrong with me until I realized it was just the stupid multi.

I used to take the chewable Centrum off and on with no problem. When I switched to Bayer Nutritional Science and took it daily...watchoutnow! :yawn:
:lachen::lachen:and hella gasssssss!:nono:

MizAvalon

No bloating but when I first started taking vitamins, I had terrible gas!:blush:

It eventually went away though.

Monigirl

When I added two Omega 3 Fish Oil vitamins to my intake. I started having very bad gas pains the 2nd week of taking it. So after I stopped taking the Omega 3 the gas pains went away.

Now I just take regular ole Centrum and drink Acai juice in the morning and call it a day.

I think a great alternate is drinking liquid vitamin juices. I saw some at Sams Club and GNC.