Do You Grind Your Vitamins?

Blacktresses

I have been told that if you crush or mix your vitamins, instead of taking them whole that the vitamins are not as efficent. Has anyone here found that to be the case? I want to start to grind/crush the vitamins in a smoothie so that it's easier to take (especially the biotin).

What are your thoughts on this ?

Re: Do You Grind ?

NO! I tried it before and I became sooo
barf.gif
I felt very weird.

Try vitamins in the powdered form. The tablets have fillers and dies. I didn't know it at the time but some vitamins are compressed using chemicals to create the tablet form.

I take MSM crystals with vitamin C powder, Andrew Lessman's multi & HSN (which are super fine powders in capsules), and biotin powder. AL says that his vitamins absorb very well and gentle enough for the most sensitive stomachs.

Re: Do You Grind ?

This is true. Crushing is not a good idea. Particularly if your vitamin is formulated in an extended release or slow release formulation. This just means that the vitamin is released over a period of time as the tablet travels through you gastrointestinal system. Crushing them will cause a "dumping effect" meaning that you will receive a higher dose than what is intended. This can also increase your risk for side effects and stuff.

If you have trouble swollowing them, try looking for a liquid formulation instead.

Back