Vitamins make me GAG!! Help!

SimpleKomplexity

I have a stash of vitamins that I want to get rid of, however they make me GAG!! Especially B-100. It tastes and smells horrible. Just thinkin about it right now is making me gag...that's horrible. I've never had problems with pills, but each time I smell or see B-100 I seriously start gaggin and that makes it almost impossible to take vitamins each day. Top off the gagging with water, and I think I'ma throw up my life all over my bathroom floor. Any help ladies? I don't know if I'm going to continue taking vitamins but I do want to use up the $30 worth of vitamins I've already bought!!

I Take....or try
Biotin
Flaxseed
B-100
MSM

Girl toss them!

They could not have been that expensive so no biggie. If they make you gag and feel sick there is no use taking them. That outweighs any hair benefits.

Maybe you can stick to your food choices for B vitamins.

I say toss them too. Liquid vitiamins work better anyway. Have you tried taking them with your favorite juice? Then just drink a glass of water afterward. That's what I do when I'm having a bad pill taking day:perplexed

My friend had this issue too.. pill type vitamins made her gag and she hated the take of the liquids so what she did was crush up the pill vitamins and mixed them into a cup of yogurt and ate it that way. If you really can't think of a way to take them.. it's better to toss em

I have a stash of vitamins that I want to get rid of, however they make me GAG!! Especially B-100. It tastes and smells horrible. Just thinkin about it right now is making me gag...that's horrible. I've never had problems with pills, but each time I smell or see B-100 I seriously start gaggin and that makes it almost impossible to take vitamins each day. Top off the gagging with water, and I think I'ma throw up my life all over my bathroom floor. Any help ladies? I don't know if I'm going to continue taking vitamins but I do want to use up the $30 worth of vitamins I've already bought!!

I Take....or try
Biotin
Flaxseed
B-100
MSM

I'm not sure if this has been suggested already, but have you tried sublingual vitamins? I can't swallow pills at all... some of the chewable ones taste disgusting, so I tried sublingual ones. They basically dissolve under your tongue. There is no stomach discomfort since they are absorbed directly into your bloodstream.

I have seen some B-complex vitamins in sublingual form. Maybe those would help? Here is a link: http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100142&id=prod1034418

That's B-12, but I have seen many other B vitamins in sublingual form. I take my biotin that way... it's the only way I can tolerate it.

If I find the other links, I'll post them as well. Good luck!

Maybe crush them and mix them with something. Once you're done with them, then switch to liquid vitamins.

I'm thinking toss those puppies. Could be something in that particular brand that doesn't agree with your system.

It's not making me sick though, it's the fact that they smell disgusting or something. I'm not a gagger, but my body does not like the smell of those vitamins AT ALL! I wanna try liquid vits but how do they taste?

Okay, so your issue is not the size of the vitamins? It's the taste and smell?

Hmmm...well in that case maybe just switching brands will solve the issue.

What brand are you taking?

My friend had this issue too.. pill type vitamins made her gag and she hated the take of the liquids so what she did was crush up the pill vitamins and mixed them into a cup of yogurt and ate it that way. If you really can't think of a way to take them.. it's better to toss em

This used to be my problem too until I was 16 and got mono--I had to take these huge pills, I had no choice and managed to get over it. I've been fine since then, unless the pill is very large with "powdery" versus smooth coating. To make it as easy as possible I take mine with room temperature water (easier to swallow overall).

Back