GNC vs. Nioxin Vitamins

jamaicalovely

Okay, I'm thinking of switching my vitamins. Currently, I'm taking Nutrilite Multi and HSN vitamins as well as extra Biotin. I love them because they're smaller than the average pill and only take each of them once per day. My hair is growing about .75 to 1 inch a month. But, my nails are chipping and feeling I'm getting as much growth as I did when I was on GNC HS&N.

So, I've been reading the threads regarding the best vitamins and have narrowed down my choices to GNC HS&N again, GNC Ultranourishair and Nioxin. Has anyone used GNC's vitamins then switched to Nioxin or vice versa? What has been your experience with both vitamins?

I did search LHCF on this topic and found a similar question posted in 2004.

P.S. If you've taken Nutrilite vitamins in the past, feel free to share your experience and advise if I should stay with these as well.

Thanks, ladies

LaBellaDonV

When I started my journey to healthy hair in 2007 I started out taking the GNC Brand. I was'nt getting any of the results that a friend of mine claimed that she was. Another friend told me about the Nioxin Rechargeable Complex so I started taking those and they seemed to take effect within a month. Not only do they help with my hair but my skin seemed to become visibly clearer and I HAVE NAILS!!!! http://public.fotki.com/complexed1v/2008-the-journey-co/april/aprilhair015.html
.. sorry.....(**recomposing myself) .I have never been able to wear my natural nails (or hair for that matter) . They are stronger than they have ever been. :)

Last edited:

SmartyPants

I started off taking the GNC tablets and got pretty good growth then I saw all the raves over the nioxin tablets. I took them for six months and got less growth than I got from the GNC vitamins in three months. So, I recently switched back to the GNC.

momi

I have never tried Nioxin - but GNC did not do much for me.

You know what did? Trader Joe's vitamins... even my hairdresser had to comment!

1 EFA capsule
2 Hair Skin and Nail complex
3 Womens multi-vitamin

And they are super affordable! I guess it all depends on what your body needs.

Maxitonia

I think GNC ultranouish works better than nioxin at least that was my experience but I only saw good results in hair growth only when I added a multi and took an extra 1000 mcg of msm. hth

sydwrites

I take the GNC HSN, but I started out taking Nioxin and I didnt see much change although I admit I only took them for two months. They were kind of pricey and my stylist at the time told me that I should probably take two a day, and doing a comparison to the GNC the numbers did add up better with double the dosage, but with the Nioxin price I bailed. I took GNC Ultranourishair for awhile and switched to HSN because of a special and to not have to take extra biotin but I may go back because I think I liked them better. I have about two more months worth so i'll see then, caught the bogo 50% off sale with my 20% gold card discount.

sydwrites

I have never tried Nioxin - but GNC did not do much for me.

You know what did? Trader Joe's vitamins... even my hairdresser had to comment!

1 EFA capsule
2 Hair Skin and Nail complex
3 Womens multi-vitamin

And they are super affordable! I guess it all depends on what your body needs.

Is this a Trader Joe brand product?

Maxitonia

I have tried Maxi hair by country life with good results especially for skin and nails, I beleive it thickened my hair too again I took it along with MSM 1000 mcg. I bought the vitamins from vitacost.com for $7.19 the bottle lasted a month and a half.

jamaicalovely

I take the GNC HSN, but I started out taking Nioxin and I didnt see much change although I admit I only took them for two months. They were kind of pricey and my stylist at the time told me that I should probably take two a day, and doing a comparison to the GNC the numbers did add up better with double the dosage, but with the Nioxin price I bailed. I took GNC Ultranourishair for awhile and switched to HSN because of a special and to not have to take extra biotin but I may go back because I think I liked them better. I have about two more months worth so i'll see then, caught the bogo 50% off sale with my 20% gold card discount.
Well, looking at your hair...I can say "Whoa, GNC here I come." Fabulous growth!

kandegirl

Both work well but GNC works well enough for my budget. But it does make you hungry so look out! I need to get back on them to kick up my hair growth after my hair cut. And add in some Horsetail for good measure.