Did the hair growth aids work?

LaidBak

LaidBak: I've seen many posts of people having success with either castor oil, or just moisturizing the thin area twice a day.

Thanks hun. I do both. I have been using JBCO for close to a year. And I have been moisturizing and sealing twice daily. I think its hereditary because my grandma has the same problem.

Miss AJ

lol aw man, well *** my couch. yea if it's hereditary i don't think there's much you can do to permanently help the thickness, if im wrong someone please correct me.

EbonyCPrincess

I use Bee Mine Growth Serum with Sulfur. Ever since I started being consistent with it, I noticed increased growth. I went from 1/3-1/2" per month to about 1" per month. I have monthly progress pics in my fotki. I love it.

VirGoViXxEn

I have and continue to use MT/ OCT and MN and all three work great. It depends on what kind of budget you have

I also recently started taking HSN (Hair Skin Nail) pills and Biotin. I love HSN and Biotin but I have never had acne in my entire life and was not prepared for pimples every week. So i now steam, exfoliate and moisturize my face throughout the week and drink plenty of water and I finally have it under control!! Biore Complexion Clearing Exfoliate is the bomb for those biotin pimples.

BlaqBella

Ooh great progress! Thank you so much for breaking it down like that. I'm just starting out and honestly all the information and products out there can be a tad bit overwhelming. I don't want to try a hundred things at one time and in the end not knowing which one worked or not. :spinning:

Thanks so much! And it's not a problem..anything you need if i can i will help. It can be overwhelming at first but it gets better. Plus you seem to have the right approach (@ bolded). Honestly i went nuts on products but i'm seeing that it wasn't the worse choice (for me). I'm closing in on regimen/products for life (then i'm done with PJing it...lol except for ever once in a while.

carletta

I've been using ovation off and on with very good results ! If can be more consistant using the ovation (CONSTANTLY) I'd be at my goal by now. !!!!!!

I have added nettle & gellatin to my vitamin regime..... oh boy what more growth I have !!!

Last edited:

Nixx22jam

I take biotin and I try to drink alot of water. I mixed my mn with jbco, sulphur 8 and coconut oil. For the ladies who are protective styling with sew ins;how do u prevent ur weave from getting super greasy after ur mn application?

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
I have to say that I've used MNT and it works but it smells icky so you have to use a mix of essential oils to stave off the smell. I love Boundless tresses and ORS Fertilizing Serum. I use those now and get great growth...at least 1" a month but I am dusting every 3 months any splits in my hair.

I would love to try Bee Min Growth Serum w/ Sulfer as well. KEEPERS! :O)

PJaye

I have to say that I've used MNT and it works but it smells icky so you have to use a mix of essential oils to stave off the smell. I love Boundless tresses and ORS Fertilizing Serum. I use those now and get great growth...at least 1" a month but I am dusting every 3 months any splits in my hair.

I would love to try Bee Min Growth Serum w/ Sulfer as well. KEEPERS! :O)

I also would like to try the Bee Mine serum to address a thin spot on my hairline, but the site only accepts paypal or money orders (unfortunately, that's a bit too 20th century for me).

BayAreaDream

MN works best for me!! The 4% is what I used. The Biotin also worked but I stopped due to a horrible acne break out. I threw that mess out.

I have been using MT for 10 days now and I have seen a difference in my hair growth already! My hairline has been damaged from too tight braids, buns, ponytails, wearing a cotton scarf. Pretty much every hair sin. Sometimes I would look in the mirror and feel like crying because I will never forget when a cousin of mine kindly remarked that I needed to stop with the tight braids if I wanted my hairline to grow back. This was after I had convinced myself that no one else could notice the lack of hair there.

Anyway fast forward to now, 10 full days of using MT every day on my hair line. Although I'm still not ready to wear my hair all back, there are little hairs sprouting there! Before that area was so bare that I could see the little holes where hair should have been growing out of. Not to be overly religious but every night I thank God for guiding me to MT and allowing it to work.

For the other parts of my hair I apply MT once a week and then leave it in until my next wash which is usually a week max (I have a very oily scalp). I've seen growth in the past 10 days in these other sections as well.