MT users that shedded - when did it stop? and did it hurt ur hair at all?

crazydaze911

Hey guys!
i know there are a bunch of MT threads but didnt want my question to get lost. I currently use MT twice a week as a pre-poo on the scalp only for an hour and then wash out in the shower before i shampoo. After i shampoo i use a moisturizing DC. My DC has garlic in it and i also take a garlic supplement. The shedding is STILL nuts. so much hair everywhere, but im trying not to panic - especially since some kind person posted a thread about shedding with growth aids and how it 'gets better' and starts to grow your hair after that initial stage.
so my question is - HOW LONG is that initial stage?, and when do you panic? Does/did ur hair suffer from this shedding, or in the long run it was hardly noticeable against the great growth you've gotten?

Any thoughts would be appreciated! TIA

Jas123

The Star of a Story
the 1st time it took about 1-2 weeks... no ill effects... when i got my next relaxer my hair seemed even thicker than it already is and that's saying alot
then i stopped using mt, when i started back i used supplements/fresh garlic/garlic treatments
try taking garlic supplements or do a garlic hot oil treatment,,, they really work if you're worried

*fabulosity*

Hi there. I still have what people would consider a lot of shedding. And if I think back.. I always shed a lot.. (our dorm room had almost had a hair carpet..lol).. so as long as my hair is still looking thick and healthy I'm not worrying about it... I'm just trying to make sure it don't clog the shower lol! I can tell my hair is growing now and not thinning so I'm even less worried.

You gotta find yourself a happy medium bc everyone's is different. I remember when I first started OCT someone posted like 4 hairs.. and was concerned..which put me in a panic.. like OH LAWD I'mma be bald if folks are saying that's a lot of shedding. When that person's case is not my case.. I did have MY normal amount of shedding plus some.. but then after I researched shedding and started the garlic.. I calmed down.

Good luck to you!

flowinlocks

I have been using MT/OCT for a few months, I have experienced a little more shedding than usual, but my hair is growing nicely & it hasn't effected my thickness. I do take a garlic supplement twice a day.

crazydaze911

Hi there. I still have what people would consider a lot of shedding. And if I think back.. I always shed a lot.. (our dorm room had almost had a hair carpet..lol).. so as long as my hair is still looking thick and healthy I'm not worrying about it... I'm just trying to make sure it don't clog the shower lol! I can tell my hair is growing now and not thinning so I'm even less worried.

You gotta find yourself a happy medium bc everyone's is different. I remember when I first started OCT someone posted like 4 hairs.. and was concerned..which put me in a panic.. like OH LAWD I'mma be bald if folks are saying that's a lot of shedding. When that person's case is not my case.. I did have MY normal amount of shedding plus some.. but then after I researched shedding and started the garlic.. I calmed down.

Good luck to you!

Thanks! my shower drain gets clogged and there is hair all over my apt - its nuts! Hope if calms down after a couple months and i see growth (crossing fingers)