Hair Growth Aids

naijaGal

I find it interesting when I read about folks achieving 1" of growth a month using prods like BT, MN, MTG, Biotin, etc.

However, does anyone use all these products and not get the same results?
My hair grows real slow, I doubt I get a 1/4" a month and using all these prods I def don't get an inch a month. However all those alopecia spots are filling out nicely. Slowly though, but the follicles in these areas have been dormant for years so I'm not complaining.

I look in the mirror and smile filled with happiness.

Some folks believe that hair gorwth aids don't work and that you can't accelerate ur natural hair growth rate.

So, any ladies out there who despite all the reported success don't get the 1" growth most folks seem to achieve with these growth aids?

I'm quite hopeful though that one day I'll be amongst the 1" posters. For now I just want to look at my hair in the mirror and not have my scalp stare back at me

HoneyDew

There are quite a few ladies that don't get 1 inch consistantly. I have seen reports. Actually I have yet to find growth aid users that stick with it for the long haul to really report 1 or more inches every single month for long terms.

Maybe using all those products is not the answer for you. Actually I think using a bunch of them at once is overkill.

It's good that your alopecia spots have filled in! But, getting 1 inch a month is not really all that important if you ask me.

Sometimes I think other's progress pics and claims blind us a bit and make us forget our own progress, even if it is slow.

If you are not getting an inch or more maybe those just are not good for you to use. Maybe some scalp massages and internal supplements may help you get 1/2 inch or more.

seymone

I know that I consistently get an 1/2 to 1 inch a month.. This summer I was surprised that it went to 1.5.. Just a summer growth but it would be marvelous if it is a regular occurrence.

naijaGal

Maybe using all those products is not the answer for you. Actually I think using a bunch of them at once is overkill.

I don't actually use them all at the same time. But I have them all in my bathroom. I think MN has worked the best so far.
To be honest, right now I'm the least bit concerened about length. As long as I have a full head of hair I'm over the moon. I actually think I look sexier with short hair. And being able to wash my hair every morning and have it air dry in minutes is just great.

xquizit01

Okay... so I know BT=Boundless Tresses, and MTG=smelly oily stuff used on horses. :perplexedWhat the heck is MN?:perplexed

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I actually wondered if using LenzI's Request was working, so I stopped using it after my last relaxer. It's been a month and a half and STILL no growth. With LR, I would have AT LEAST an inch by now. I'm gonna start it up again, cause I can't take this slow growing crap. At this rate, it'll be another 5 yrs before I reach APL, and I'm between SL and APL. So no, I'm not one of those people that growth aids don't work for, I just had to get that frustration off my chest :grin:

hothair

When i first got on biotin and MTG last year, I DID get an inch a month for about 3months till early this year, since then I seem to be averaging anything from just about a quarter inch to three quarters but not 1" maybe I had a growth spurt last year, i would love for it to come back around though :grin: but I'm not REALLY stressing my hair is full and more moisturised than I can EVER remember it so I'm cool, mostly:look:

Gryphyn

There are quite a few ladies that don't get 1 inch consistantly. I have seen reports. Actually I have yet to find growth aid users that stick with it for the long haul to really report 1 or more inches every single month for long terms.

It's good that your alopecia spots have filled in! But, getting 1 inch a month is not really all that important if you ask me.

Sometimes I think other's progress pics and claims blind us a bit and make us forget our own progress, even if it is slow.

If you are not getting an inch or more maybe those just are not good for you to use. Maybe some scalp massages and internal supplements may help you get 1/2 inch or more.

I think this is well said. Usually when I see threads where users got 1 inch/month, it's in the first few months of using a product. I don't remember seeing a thread where someone wrote about their results over the year. I think people just change up their regimen over time and some products just fall off.

sugarose

The only thing that consistantly gave me 1" per month were my growth aids, a vit and a topical usually. I had been taking Biotin and using WGO for years (way before I found the boards) so I didn't really know what my normal growth rate was anymore. About 2 months ago I stopped all vitamins and topicals and found out my growth rate is under the .5" per month, actually under average!!
So now I'm back on my Biotin and my topical and I am once again getting my 1" per month.
Growth aids do work. :yep:

northernbelle

I completely agree with everything that you have said.:)

SoulElegance

I have heard people speak of the shen min vitamin to enhance hair growth. Many swear by it. So what I did was do a bit of research in regard to whats in shen min. I then went into my bathroom and pulled out the daily mega vitamins I purchased last week and compared ingredients. My vitamins have the same ingredients (minus 2) that shen min has plus more. It also has biotin. I think anyone who is looking into vitamins for hair and health improvement should really take a look into the mega vitamin I purchased last week. They are also very inexpensive and I love the site where I got them from because they have lots of vitamins at a low cost. They have a sale going on right now. Buy one and get two free. Although when I purchased one bottle it was cheaper than what they are offering now. I guess they went up a bit due to the offer of getting two bottles free when you purchase one. I do not think they are going to have this offer much longer either. Good Luck.

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=8EB87A092DE44EF0879877844E4A0285&PID=621&CID=&CPID=1045