Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE..

catgurl

Does anyone take MSM and DE at the same time? Any effects positive or negative with this?

I was thinking of alternating days with MSM and DE, but after reading the posts yesterday about how BP meds can make your hair fall out I am even more anxious to reduce my BP now!

(BTW, I eat healthy, drinks lots of water, and starting to work out 3x per week or whenever DS will nap! So covering all healthy bases.)

sqzbly1908

So what do you ladies think of this idea?

I would think that you would have to use quite a few capsules to equate a tablespoons worth ....

It just seems like it would a be a little tedious filling up those capsules if you didn't have to...

Last edited:

MissYocairis

Lol, when I was drinking mines last night my friend said she would rather chew it in her mouth, but she is a weirdo, lol she eats baby powder and chalk! :lol:

I just ordered a 5KG Bag from the expensive place again, but i feel confident with their product as my dad is getting excellent results and my family are noticing feeling more energized etc..the lady i buy from has been selling /taking it for a very long time too.

the cheaper companies i have contacted do not give me the reassurance that their product is good, i am taking the one from peru as it is purer, it is not contaminated, it is taken from a safe environment etc etc..

these other companies are not trained properly, i have been asking several questions and they do not have the answers. also their D.E looks weird. not brilliant white coloured like i am used to, but brown,grey etc.. :nono:

Got a bit of a headache today, so i will drink more water :)

So far, so good :)

Hey mama. May I please have the contact info/link for your vendor? Thanks!

Honi

There is no board.
I called my mom to see how her wrist was doing. I could hear how pleased she was over the phone. She said the wrist felt good. She is not totally pain free yet but there was definitely some relief noted. I'm extremely happy about that because she's been miserable for awhile.

As for me I lost 3 lbs :lol: I may be able to get rid of the last stubborn 5 or 10 lbs yet!

ChocoKitty

Anyone experiencing random breakouts? For past day or two random bumps have been popping up on my body. I know it's a detox symptom and I need to up my water. A bump tried to show up on my forehead but my DE mask pretty much flattened it before it could occur. I have a bump on my chest right now that I will apply some DE to this weekend. I'm still taking up the 3 healthy tbsps a day. I don't plan to lower my dosage 'cause I'd just rather get everything out my system. (No pun intended)

My appetite seems to be increasing. However, I'm able to make healthier food choices since I'm not stressed and craving sugar. When I eat properly I lose weight.

sheba1

Anyone experiencing random breakouts? For past day or two random bumps have been popping up on my body. I know it's a detox symptom and I need to up my water. A bump tried to show up on my forehead but my DE mask pretty much flattened it before it could occur. I have a bump on my chest right now that I will apply some DE to this weekend. I'm still taking up the 3 healthy tbsps a day. I don't plan to lower my dosage 'cause I'd just rather get everything out my system. (No pun intended)

My appetite seems to be increasing. However, I'm able to make healthier food choices since I'm not stressed and craving sugar. When I eat properly I lose weight.

Oooh, me me me!! Just popped up last night, actually. It's so weird because the rest of my skin is flawless since starting DE? So I used your example and have a DE mask on it right now. Hopefully it will kill it. lol

ChocoKitty

Hey Sheba! I made up a nice amount last week and keep it a in small glass bowl covered in plastic. It still remains very pliable. So for future batches I'm going to invest in one of these http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/package/product.asp?product_id=BAILROUND

My skin has not been flawless since childhood... However, I believe DE will assist me in getting there. I told someone I was 32 and they said they would've sworn that I was 22 if I hadn't said anything. It's gotta be the DE. :lachen:Eventhough I still have spots and discolorations my skin is definitely firmer.

Jozze

If anyone is interested where to get pure white Peru DE and Zeolite here's where I get mine Natural Russia.
I've been in contact with the owner Galina quite a bit over the last six weeks and she gives loads of advice and a full spec mineral analysis. I've turned quite a few people on to them and they are all getting great results! So anyone still looking for a good DE supplier give them a try.:grin:

Blaque*Angel

If anyone is interested where to get pure white Peru DE and Zeolite here's where I get mine Natural Russia.
I've been in contact with the owner Galina quite a bit over the last six weeks and she gives loads of advice and a full spec mineral analysis. I've turned quite a few people on to them and they are all getting great results! So anyone still looking for a good DE supplier give them a try.:grin:

I second this :yep:
Galina is very educated and A quick phone call can last a little while. :grin:

She does free telephone consultations..

I think we should get a LHCF discount going? :look:

Jozze

Aw sorry, I guess we can ask?

I got 20 percent off which really came in handy..

Sorry for being so negative Sweetie Pie :kiss:. I think you're totally right, it wouldn't hurt to ask her!
I'm just a little jealous that I never got a discount.... but if I think about it from her point of view, I never bought nearly as much as you have so I prob didn't deserve one.:yep:

flowinlocks

:ohwell: I would rather just drink it to be honest.
it doesn't taste weird and gets down easy :)

I would think that you would have to to take quite a few capsules to equate a tablespoons worth ....

It just seems like it would a be a little tedious filling up those capsules if you didn't have to...

Seems complicated. Plus, you'd have to take several capsules per day to get enough. There really is no taste to DE at all. No reason not to mix it in something and just gulp it down.

Thanks ladies, you're right about it not being a taste I was able to take my dose in a glass of water today. I was very tolerable, so I'll continue to glup it down.:yep:

flowinlocks

Is this what I should have gotten? Mine is kinda off white. :ohwell: I ordered from More than alive.

sqzbly1908

Blacque Angel/Jozze - does the Russia company ship to the US? I just took a quick glance at the site and it looks like everything is in UK currency?

TIA

deborah11

I would like the recipe for the facial mask that you guys are talking about as I need something to help with my zits. Thanks.

*Frisky*

Is this what I should have gotten? Mine is kinda off white. :ohwell: I ordered from More than alive.

I have off white too. Has anyone explained what the difference is between the pure white and the off white? Does the off white have some undesirable things in it that we should be concerned about?

coolhandlulu

Struttin' and stuntin'
Between DE and Biotin, I'm getting a little scared of inadvertently catching my nails on anything because I don't think they will break or "give". DE has whitened my nails/claws. DE has softened the skin on my feet. I no longer have that second skin on my feet. I may actually feel comfortable wearing sandals this summer. I hennaed my hair today so I will see how it is affecting growth by monitoring my gray hairs and how fast they grow out. I was really looking forward to being more regular, but I don't seem to have that benefit working for me. I've been taking DE for almost 2 weeks.

RockCreak

I reviewed the product description on the http://www.naturalrussia.com/natural/diatomite site. Just because your DE is not pure white does not mean you have the wrong type.

Diatomaceous Earth (DE, diatomite, kieselgur, celite) is a naturally occurring, soft, chalk-like, sedimentary rock mineral that is easily crumbled into a fine white, off-white or pink powder. This powder is very light-weight due to its high porosity. It is made primarily of silica and consists of fossilized remains of diatoms, a hard-shelled algae which inhibited the waters of the Earth millins of years ago. Diatoms used to serve as the basic food for aquatic life, just as grass is the basic food for land animals. Some of these deposits which shfited to dry land overtime, are extremely important to humans

It may just depend on where it came from?

I have the PermaGuard Brand: http://perma-guard.com

Fossil Shell Flour®
[Pure Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the name Fossil Shell Flour®? It was important to differentiate our product from all other diatomaceous earth products in the marketplace. Our DE is milled at a consistency much like flour and is a fossilized shell (diatom) hence the name Fossil Shell Flour®.

All diatomaceous earth is not the same. Diatomaceous earth packaged under our Fossil Shell Flour® label comes from an extremely pure fresh water deposit of the diatom Melosira Preicelanica. Why is this diatom so special? Its shell is made of amorphous silica. Its shape and hardness are important to how it works. Its hardness keeps it from dissolving in liquid. The holes along the diatom's wall allow it to absorb moisture, hence its use as an anti-caking agent.

Why fresh water vs. salt water DE? Fresh water deposits like ours have a consistent diatom presence. Their fossilized shells have maintained their tubular shape. This shape and strength of the fossil shell is critical to its effectiveness. Our deposit has 89 - 95 percent amorphous silica content. This deposit is also more consistent in its purity of other elements that have settled in it. A fresh water deposit is confined to the run off water of its surrounding environment. A fresh water deposit in the mountains, such as ours, formed when snow was pure and its run off provided the water source these diatoms lived in. Salt water deposits contain a mix of types of diatoms of different shapes. Their fossilized shells are fragile and break easily. This renders them ineffective for our purposes. The salt water deposits are less predictable in their sediments.

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

Between DE and Biotin, I'm getting a little scared of inadvertently catching my nails on anything because I don't think they will break or "give". DE has whitened my nails/claws. DE has softened the skin on my feet. I no longer have that second skin on my feet. I may actually feel comfortable wearing sandals this summer. I hennaed my hair today so I will see how it is affecting growth by monitoring my gray hairs and how fast they grow out. I was really looking forward to being more regular, but I don't seem to have that benefit working for me. I've been taking DE for almost 2 weeks.

:yay: someone else with extra soft feet and unbreakable nails. it's amazing isn't it? ;)

sorry you are not regular, maybe you can try some smooth move tea?

http://www.iherb.com/Traditional-Me...na-1-13-oz-32-g-16-Wrapped-Tea-Bags/6815?at=0

LaidBak

Does anyone take MSM and DE at the same time? Any effects positive or negative with this?

I was thinking of alternating days with MSM and DE, but after reading the posts yesterday about how BP meds can make your hair fall out I am even more anxious to reduce my BP now!

(BTW, I eat healthy, drinks lots of water, and starting to work out 3x per week or whenever DS will nap! So covering all healthy bases.)

I do. But I am only on my first dose of DE. Been taking MSM for close to a year. Is there anything I should be looking for?

lusciousladie07

Got my order yesterday and took my first dose last night. I went to sleep like a baby. Took another TBSP throughout the day and had great energy. Didnt crave fatty foods which i usually do. Only had a soup and salad for lunch and felt full. Hopefully this will help with my weight loss. Oh.. I also took a pic of my hair straightened in the front and will do bi-weekly updates of its progress.

Jewell

I'm still taking my DE. Between my vits and DE, my nails are whiter, hard, and strong. My energy is better, and my body just feels better overall. I really like the results I'm getting. I can't tell if it affects my sleep, as I take it early in the morning with a glass of juice, just in case I get too much energy and can't sleep at night. I sleep really well, but I can't tell if that's due to DE or b/c I'm just tired as heck by bedtime!

I take mine about 3 times per week (since late Jan '10), and want to increase to daily sometime. It's no prob-I just forget to take it! I will also try it as a mask.

Oh, to answer the person's question (not sure who) about taking DE and MSM at the same time...I started a vit regimen with both at about the same time, though I have taken MSM off and on for quite a few years. My shedding has gone down by 50-70%, and growth seems pretty good, though I don't know exactly how much more than average since I don't measure regularly. My DE is a very slight off-white (almost chalk white). HTH!

sheba1

I have off white too. Has anyone explained what the difference is between the pure white and the off white? Does the off white have some undesirable things in it that we should be concerned about?

According to Wolf Creek's site here

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Our diatomaceous earth is organic OMRI listed Codex Food Chemical Grade. It is a non-treated, non-calcined fresh water Diatomaceous Earth. It is mined, crushed, sifted, bagged and pure white in color. It contains less than .5% silicon. There are food grade diatomaceous earth products that are yellow or tan in color which indicates a higher iron content. Those which are gray in color contain more clay. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]