Den1, the MSM did cause a major growth spurt in my hair cycle

C

chica_canella

Hopefully you read this. Anywho, remember last week how I was saying that my hair was itching. Well, it was the MSM. I stopped taking them for about a week and my hair isn't itching anymore. I'm kinda angry because my hair was growing really fast but now I think maybe I could've stopped that little growth spurt since I stopped taking them.

Plus I was taking Ultra Nourish Hair which has 500mg MSM and I took 1000mg MSM (equivalent to one pill). So altogether I was taking 1500.mg. I know noone else experienced an itchy scalp after taking MSM but I did. So while others achieved extraordinary growth I got an itchy scalp with mine.:look:

Guess that it wasn't so bad seeing I got atleast 3/4 inch a month.:)

Thanks again Den1 for the info.

Nanyanika

chica_canella said:
Hopefully you read this. Anywho, remember last week how I was saying that my hair was itching. Well, it was the MSM. I stopped taking them for about a week and my hair isn't itching anymore. I'm kinda angry because my hair was growing really fast but now I think maybe I could've stopped that little growth spurt since I stopped taking them.

Plus I was taking Ultra Nourish Hair which has 500mg MSM and I took 1000mg MSM (equivalent to one pill). So altogether I was taking 1500.mg. I know noone else experienced an itchy scalp after taking MSM but I did. So while others achieved extraordinary growth I got an itchy scalp with mine.:look:

Guess that it wasn't so bad seeing I got atleast 3/4 inch a month.:)

Thanks again Den1 for the info.
Ah ha I'm glad you found out which was causing the itching, i go through a similar phase, only that i get scalp soreness, because the hair is pushing through the little pockets so quickly, but the effects usually die down. So are you quitting MSM altogether now? i plan to begin re-taking mine, so far i'm using silica and EFAs my hair is growing out a lill faster but i'm looking for a growth spurt, so MSM is a must for me.

MzOptimistic

den1 said:
Ah ha I'm glad you found out which was causing the itching, i go through a similar phase, only that i get scalp soreness, because the hair is pushing through the little pockets so quickly, but the effects usually die down. So are you quitting MSM altogether now? i plan to begin re-taking mine, so far i'm using silica and EFAs my hair is growing out a lill faster but i'm looking for a growth spurt, so MSM is a must for me.

Which MSM vitamin do you suggest?:)

Nanyanika

Candy_C said:
i wish i could take this..i erupted in a mass of spots..erghh
candy were you drinking enough water to flush the toxins out of your system? the effects will pass quickly if you do. I had the same problem but it halted when i upped my water intake.

Nanyanika

Mom23 said:
I need to get back on my MSM too. :)
ITA!! MSM is the BEST, i'm just having so much problems in my life that i can't seem to stay consistent, I STOP THEN START THEN STOP LOL Lord help me

C

chica_canella

den1 said:

I want to take the MSM in conjunction with my Ultra Nourish Hair cause it doesn't feel right just taking the MSM alone. I want to be on point and take it together with my other vitamins.

I don't know; I guess it's that whole thing where some people can't start healthy diets in the middle of the week cause it's uneven. Well, that's how I feel about my vitamins.:p

Nanyanika

chica_canella said:
I want to take the MSM in conjunction with my Ultra Nourish Hair cause it doesn't feel right just taking the MSM alone. I want to be on point and take it together with my other vitamins.

I don't know; I guess it's that whole thing where some people can't start healthy diets in the middle of the week cause it's uneven. Well, that's how I feel about my vitamins.:p
I understand. Good luck with your vitamins