Wow, Powdered MSM really does make a difference!

L

LaNecia

Re: Wow, Powdered MSM really does make a differenc

I've been taking MSM for about 3 years, initially for hair growth (I saw it on a message board) but then after research, realized that it was great for my joint pain (knees & wrists from weight lifting).

The Brand I use is Natural Balance, there's 4000 mg of MSM and I want to say 240 mg of Vitamin C per tsp. I take this twice a day. My hair is DEFINITELY softer (and my wrists don't hurt either). Future Biotics is a good brand also, very concentrated but a bit on the pricey side.

I've found with the capsules when you break them apart and put then in water, there's 'stuff' floating where as when you use the powders, they mix 100% (no floaters).

ms_kenesha

I just ordered powdered MSM from Puritan's Pride because of their sale..it was a lil pricey so I got buy 1 get 1 free instead of the buy 2 get 3 free. Plus one bottle had a lot of servings in it.

LON71,
Yes you can add the powdered MSM to water or Juice.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo

I've been using vitamin shoppe's powdered msm for a month now. I take 2000 mg per day ( 1/4 tsp 2x daily). I haven't had any detox symptoms and it helped my hair growth. Still using it!

CocoaCure

I'm getting some of this stuff tomorrow!!!! I can't wait! I'm in the transitioning process and I LOVE playing in my newgrowth, it's not the texture change I'm seeking, but the growth!! Growing faster will help me be able to do my big chop with lots more hair!! I've done the big chop into a TWA last time I went natural, but there's no way I'm going to lose all this length!!! But it really sounds like this MSM powder will help a lot!! Thanks for a great post!!! Bumpity, Bump Bump!!

Britt

Simplycee is the VS brand of MSM making your new growth come in any softer ?

Wolftrap

Does anyone know the benefits of MSM vs. Biotin? I know they both make your hair grow but I am trying to take as litle supplements as possible. Has anyone noticed extra hair growth with one more than the other? Or does one work faster than the other?

Scasey

Yes, it does. I have been taking PP's for about 2 months and my new growth is definitely softer. I can't say if it is thicker or that my hair is growing faster but I have noticed a change in my texture. I was taking the capsules and switched another powdered MSM but I began to break out so bad so I switched to PP (1/2 tsp 3,000 mg) and I haven't had any breakouts.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
How are you bringing these up? Every time I've searched on MSM, it doesn't bring up anything unless I use another word with it and that brings up a bunch of stuff that I don't want. THANKS FOR SEARCHING FOR US! :)

Dolapo

thank you kaddy...i searched for the trimedica brand on vitamin shoppe's website. Is this what you guys are talking about?

http://vitaminshoppe.com/browse/sku_detail.jhtml;$sessionid$R5GKEOYZSO34WCQUAOWSM4QKCQB1AGXK?SkuID=7134&BreadCrumbType=SearchResult

if so, how many servings will i be able to get. Sorry im good at calculating...whats 4 ounces like???

Btw, what brand do you think is the best? vitamin shoppe, trimedica or puritan's pride?

Last edited:

KAddy

Hey Curlycrly. When you have something that is fewer than 4 letters, just put an asterisk behind it. So if you are look for WGO, put in WGO*. If looking for MSM, enter MSM*

I am glad to bump it for you ladies.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
KAddy said:
Hey Curlycrly. When you have something that is fewer than 4 letters, just put an asterisk behind it. So if you are look for WGO, put in WGO*. If looking for MSM, enter MSM*

I am glad to bump it for you ladies.

Oh, that's an excellent idea. I'm going to do that from now on.
I did not know the search accepted wildcard characters. THANKS!!!

Honey6928215

I read that MSM crystals is even better! Den1 uses it. Maybe you can ask her where to order it. But Doctor's Best is pretty good, too if you want the powder.

tuffCOOKiE

Do you guys take it w food or on an empty stomach. Also, i have so many capsules.. you think i can break them up into water?

longhair75

I went out and got the trimedica msm powder from the vitamin shoppe. I took 1/8 tsp with some orange juice, i will let you all know my progress

FeelinIt

Okay, am I the only person taking liquid MSM? I've been told that this reaches the system faster and is better. It does crystalize at the bottom after a while though.

Anybody?

OneInAMillion

FeelinIt said:
Okay, am I the only person taking liquid MSM? I've been told that this reaches the system faster and is better. It does crystalize at the bottom after a while though.

Anybody?

Hey FeelinIt,

I starting taking liquid MSM about 10 day ago. I too was told that it reached the system faster--however, I don't know if I'll buy it again because I only got thirty day supply for $23.00. Not sure if I can swing that every month, so I may have to give the powder a try.

~One

FeelinIt

OneInAMillion said:
Hey FeelinIt,

I starting taking liquid MSM about 10 day ago. I too was told that it reached the system faster--however, I don't know if I'll buy it again because I only got thirty day supply for $23.00. Not sure if I can swing that every month, so I may have to give the powder a try.

~One

Yes I feel you with that price tag. I'll have to give the powdered stuff a try. I just bought another bottle for $24.00 dollars and taking it twice a day does not last for thirty days. Thanks!

anahnamuslyyours

Has anyone mixed in this powder with their smoothies or anything else? Or is it just water or juice? I saw something where someone mentioned only using (slightly) bitter tasting juice to mix the powder with. Why would this make a difference? TIA!

tal

Ladies,

1. What liquid brand(s) are you using, size, price, store where purchased?
2. What powdered brand(s) are you using, size, price, store where purchased?

As you can tell I haven't read the earlier replys. I'm trying to see if I can locate a better price for those of you purchasing the liquid in the $23 range.

Thanks.

longhair75

tal said:
Ladies,

1. What liquid brand(s) are you using, size, price, store where purchased?
2. What powdered brand(s) are you using, size, price, store where purchased?

As you can tell I haven't read the earlier replys. I'm trying to see if I can locate a better price for those of you purchasing the liquid in the $23 range.

Thanks.
I use Trimedica Pure MSM Powder 4oz it was $10.71 at Vitamin Shoppe I take 1/8 tsp with orange juice. I take 1/8 tsp of the MSM and put it on my tongue and drink a 8oz cup of orange juice. This is my third day taken it so far I haven't experience any side effects. I don't know anything about the liquid but if it's $23 I doubt I will be trying it. I think the powder will last awhile