Damn hair "tail" thing is driving me bonkers!!

jainygirl

Damn hair \"tail\" thing is driving me bonkers!!

Please, does anyone know when my hair will stop growing into this damn "V" thing. I've been noticing as i gain length that my hair started growing a "tail". At first i thought it was cool, but now it's making me sick because i like my hair blunt across the bottom. And with it growing into a "V" my ends look so weird even though they're nice and healthy.... Will it start growing normal again over time?? TIA -- jainygirl

melodee

Re: Damn hair \"tail\" thing is drving me bonkers!!

Mine is like that too. IT seems like it's thin, but it's really just the way it grows. Maybe you could slightly trim it into a U, not blunt, but a little more uniformed. If you'd rather not cut at all, just know that your not alone and your hair looks great.

Tracy

I don't think it'll get better over time. Mine always grwos into a V, no matter how I cut it. Maybe when your hair gets to your desired length, you can maintain the shape better, but in the meantime I think you should just let it grow unless the ends are breaking....

Ayeshia

mines is like that I have natural layers. I know that Im going to have a stem as my hair grows out. I would cut it to even it up, but then it will take forever to reach my hair goals. So the stem is here to stay my hair will even tually catch up.

Oh and jainygirl I didnt notice that your hair grew in that way. It seems pretty even to me:) I love your hair!

kitchen_tician

That area may just grow faster than the others and since you're not getting your regular trims from a "Slasher" aka "Scissor Happy Stylist"
, it may seem more noticeable. ITA, I can't tell and it looks pretty even.

I also have one (I think), but I don't wear my hair straight often, so it doesn't matter.

Don't worry

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
kitchen_tician said:
That area may just grow faster than the others and since you're not getting your regular trims from a "Slasher" aka "Scissor Happy Stylist"
, it's more noticeable.
I also have one (I think), but I don't wear my hair straight often, so it doesn't matter.

Don't worry

[/ QUOTE ]

@ "Slasher" -- good name for them

Thanks, i told my husband that i'm unhappy with how it's growing in but that is true about me avoiding "Slashers" i'm about to give this thing (the tail) it's own name girl

jainygirl

Thanks everyone
i should know better but my need for total "evenness" (is there such a word??
) is getting the better of me

Thanks Tracy for the info on your experience from trying to even it out. I'm glad to know this before i did anything like a trim to try to "fix" it. so i guess i REALLY do have to name this thing (my tail) since it's gonna be around for a while
-- jainygirl