HELP ME WITH MY HAIR PLZ !

MzV1991

:wallbash: I HAVE TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHIN TO GET MY HAIR TO GROW AND ALL THE LADIES WITH THEIR MID LENGTH BACK HAIR PICS INSPIRE ME. iVE TRIED DUDLEY...MIZANI....CREME OF NATURE.....OLIVE OIL...MOTIONS...MANE AND TAIL PRODUCTS. AND RIGHT NOW IM GOING TO TRY aLTER eGO. iVE TRIED GOING NATURAL AND TRANSITIONING WITH WEAVES AND BRAIDS BUT WAS SCARED TO CUT IT UNTIL I LOST 50% OF MY HAIR ANYWAY WHEN T DROPPED OFF....SO i DONT KNOW HOW TO DO THE NATURAL THING SO I WANNA TRY GROWING IT BY GETTING PERMS AND TAKING CARE OF IT...BUT ITS LIKE I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO BECASUE I NEVER SEE RESULTS...PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY TIPS YOU CAN OFFER...I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT...THNX:rolleyes:

supermodelsonya

first thing first.

Take the CAPS LOCK off.

Second....

What is your regimen? How long is your hair now? Need more information.

Relax, you're in the best place for hair advice :)

Salsarisma

Yes...post your regimen, how long you've been taking care of your hair. It sounds like you've been jumping from product to product and not giving any one thing time to work.

Alas, you're in good hands. The ladies on this board will help you:)

MilkChocolateOne

I think you should try to focus on techniques that promote retention instead of trying 100 different products. Most of the women here with great retention usually have a two things in common, a relatively simple regimen that works for them(not necessarily what's popular) and consistency.

Here are somethings to consider before finding a regimen that works for you

1. How do you like to wear your hair? If you don't mind wearing your hair up, then braids, weaves or buns maybe an options for you. If you don't like those options you could try wet sets such as rollersets, braid/twistouts or bantu knots. You can wear your hair out or pin it up with simple hair accessories.

2. How often do you plan to wet your hair? Some women co wash frequently and others may wash with shampoo 1-2 times a week and there some women here that only wash every two weeks.

3. The products you use will depend on what your hair likes and on the techniques that you plan on using.

this thread is a great place to start, it has the basics and a lot of information

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389082&highlight=

MzV1991

sorry about the caps....... i permed my hair last friday and im including a picture.

Plus i think the salon lady left it in too long because my hair is the thinnest it has ever been.

:look:DSC01270.jpg

My regimen is i wash every week with alter ego shampoo conditioner and hot oil treatment
I dont wrap my hair to go to sleep i set my hair with the soft rollers rods and tie my hair down.
In the morning i take out the rollers and just play with it with my fingers and go about my day.
Three times a week I grease my scalp

Last edited:

MzV1991

My regimen is i wash every week with alter ego shampoo conditioner and hot oil treatment
I dont wrap my hair to go to sleep i set my hair with the soft rollers rods and tie my hair down.
In the morning i take out the rollers and just play with it with my fingers and go about my day.

FlawedBeauty

you may want to incorporate a deep conditioner and start wearing your hair up. rolling your hair every night may be doing more damage than good.

Whimsy

Welcome!!!!

Deep Breath. Relax, your hair is going to grow long and strong because you're going to take proper care of it from now on. So no more caps lock, k? I felt like you were yelling at me. lol

I think we need more information.

But firstly:
Try to take your focus off the products you're using and focus on the techniques and regimen.

I think you need to stop rolling your hair. If anything pin curl it in like 5 or 6 pincurls but that rolling may be just too much manipulation. You may also want to try wearing your hair in buns or pinned up for a bit like flawedbeauty said.

Do you deep condition at all?
What are you "greasing your scalp" with?
Do you moisturize your hair during the week? If so with what and do u seal after and if so with what?
After you wash and oil ur hair what do u do with it? roller set? blow dry? flat iron? what?

MzV1991

Welcome!!!!

Deep Breath. Relax, your hair is going to grow long and strong because you're going to take proper care of it from now on. So no more caps lock, k? I felt like you were yelling at me. lol

I think we need more information.

But firstly:
Try to take your focus off the products you're using and focus on the techniques and regimen.

I think you need to stop rolling your hair. If anything pin curl it in like 5 or 6 pincurls but that rolling may be just too much manipulation. You may also want to try wearing your hair in buns or pinned up for a bit like flawedbeauty said.

Do you deep condition at all?
What are you "greasing your scalp" with?
Do you moisturize your hair during the week? If so with what and do u seal after and if so with what?
After you wash and oil ur hair what do u do with it? roller set? blow dry? flat iron? what?
Thanks for the tips!
I dont think i have much of a regimen honestly. The alter Ego conditioner is a deep conditioner. I grease my scalp with castor oil. I dont moisturize my hair. After i wash and oil my hair i either rollerset and go under a dryer or just blowdry. I stopped flat ironing my hair for 4 months now.

Whimsy

Everything we do to our hair is a regimen. They just either work well for us, or they don't. Soon you're gunna have one that works wonders for you and you'll be swingin around some seriously healthy long hair :)

Maybe shy away from the blow drying, and just do roller sets. You may want to use a moisturizer in your hair and then use the oil to seal. Are you oiling your scalp AND hair or just your scalp? Do you leave the DC in long? with heat?

MzV1991

Everything we do to our hair is a regimen. They just either work well for us, or they don't. Soon you're gunna have one that works wonders for you and you'll be swingin around some seriously healthy long hair :)
Maybe shy away from the blow drying, and just do roller sets. You may want to use a moisturizer in your hair and then use the oil to seal. Are you oiling your scalp AND hair or just your scalp? Do you leave the DC in long? with heat?
Im thinking about going natural but i dont think im going to make it....I dont know where to start....so your saying air dry? what moisturizer is good to use? I oil my scalp only....I leave the DC in for 20 to 25 minutes with heat

Whimsy

Im thinking about going natural but i dont think im going to make it....I dont know where to start....so your saying air dry? what moisturizer is good to use? I oil my scalp only....I leave the DC in for 20 to 25 minutes with heat

You can airdry if you want, that's perfectly fine, but I was saying to do roller sets and go under a hair dryer, versus blow drying with a blow dryer.

How does your hair feel? is it dry? I'm only asking cuz i'm concerned that you're not putting anything on the length of it, only the scalp.

You may want to add a moisturizer to the length of your hair. You'll have to find one that works well for you. I really like Elasta QP Mango butter, but that works well on MY hair.

Take a look at the threads here, do a search, there are TONS of threads on moisturizers, regimens, transitioning, oh....theres just so much lhcf is a kickassz resource, you've got TONS to go read :yep:

caribeandiva

Human being
How long are you using those products in order to see results? You will not see a change in your hair overnight, or even in a month. You have to give the products time to work regardless of what brand you choose.

Bouncin&Behavin

1. Are you deep conditioning after you shampoo? I would advise you to DC (I prefer with heat under the dryer) at least once a week.

2. I absolutely would stop with the grease. I believe it clogs your pores and interferes with growth. Also, most hair grease contains chemicals that are not good on your hair (mineral oil, petroleum, etc).

3. Do a search for moisturizing and sealing. You might want to incorporate this into your regimen. There are also many videos on youtube that show the correct way to do it. It's not about making your hair greasy, but keeping it moisturized. DRY HAIR BREAKS!

4. Do you wear your hair down all the time? If so, protective styles can help you retain length and increase thickness.

5. How often do you relax?

Bouncin&Behavin

You CAN make it! Trust me! Between this site and youtube, you will know all you need to know to make your transition smooth. The key is finding products and hairstyles that work for YOUR hair. It may take a few weeks (or longer) to figure out your "staple" products.

ORS makes a decent moisturizer (Olive Oil Moisturizer), but lately, I've been using Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship as a leave-in and daily moisturizer and my hair LOVES it!

MsMwana

Step 1: calm down...stress + negative energy does not = hair growth...
Step 2: pick out about 5 products from ur stash that u think worked well for u. 1 shampoo, 1 dc, 1 moisturizer, 1 oil and a couple of other things you might like to use
Step 3: focus on technique not products
Step 4: moisturize
Step 5: moisturize
Step 6: moisturize

caribeandiva

Human being
Step 1: calm down...stress + negative energy does not = hair growth...
Step 2: pick out about 5 products from ur stash that u think worked well for u. 1 shampoo, 1 dc, 1 moisturizer, 1 oil and a couple of other things you might like to use
Step 3: focus on technique not products
Step 4: moisturize
Step 5: moisturize
Step 6: moisturize
what she said. :yep: