Hair slowly growing into a "V" shape

jainygirl

Hair slowly growing into a \"V\" shape

Has this happened to anyone??? I just noticed it yesterday after wearing my hair out in a headband. (i almost never do it but hey it was a nice day out and i wanted to ride with the windows down
) anyway after i got back home i guess my hair had "settled" into how it naturally falls because it has a "V" shape in it. I originally had layers in my hair when i started growing my hair out because it was a "halle" cut and i havent really cut it since then. just dusting stray hairs at the bottom. But my hair has always been blunt across the bottom or so it seemed
... Can this be because the kitchen area of my hair is finally "catching up" to the rest of my hair?? when i started as i said i had a halle/toni cut so the back was almost shaved clean. My ends are healthy and i dont have breakage so i cant complain but has anyone else experiencing this or have experienced it in the past? btw -- I actually like the "V" alot
TIA -- jainygirl

ChocoKitty

Re: Hair slowly growing into a \"V\" shape

I have and am. I got my ends trim a couple a months ago and it appeared to be gone. Now it looks like it's back. Sheesh...

DigitalRain

I think its natural for hair to grow in a certain shape if it hasn't been altered by a cut. Mine is usually a V, some people its a U.

Angelicus

I have a V shape and i think its um... i'm going to say it... Feminine. Me likey.

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
I have a V shape and i think its um... i'm going to say it... Feminine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Digital and Anky
naughty, naughty girl anky!!

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
ChocoKitty said:
I got my ends trim a couple a months ago and it appeared to be gone. Now it looks like it's back. Sheesh...

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like it's trying to make a home with ya girl

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
cardinalfire said:
Which hair are we talking about here?

[/ QUOTE ]

y'all are sooo bad today.....thank god

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
cardinalfire said:
Which hair are we talking about here?

[/ QUOTE ]

adrienne0914

i have one, and i like it... plus i don't want to cut any hair unnecessarily to get rid of it...

skegeesmb

Me too Jainy. It's not as bad when I curl the ends under, but it's still noticeable. I'm getting used to it.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

When I have my hair combed down, I have an upside down "U" shape!
My nape hair is shorter than the sides. From now on, I'm going to comb it all together so it forms a V-shape and maybe it will grow into a V shape. But Ive been taking up the growing nape hair challenge by moisturizing it more than the rest of my hair.
I hope it works!

Ayeshia

My hair grows in a V shape too. In Dec 2002 when I was relaxed, I got my hair cut into a six inch bob most of it was blunt but the top layer was choppier giving it a swingy effect. Well any how In Sept 2003 my hair was about 12-14 inches long and the V formed on its own. I think that I have natural layers too.

flyjump00

I thought it was just me... My hair is not doing the "V" thing but it really likes to turn into a "U" shape. I guess the back just grows faster or something.

jrw

My hair grows in a V shape. Then the rest of my hair catches up.

chicamorena

My hair has always grown into a V shape. I used to cut it alot so it could be blunt, but finally gave up after I figured out that cutting it did not help. Now I actually like it.

Leshia

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
I have a V shape and i think its um... i'm going to say it... Feminine. Me likey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta second that, Anky. Me likey, as well. On a side note, gotta love Sex and the City...*wink*

ricochet

I love my V shape, I think that is naturally how hair grows in many cases without a blunt cut...I blew my hair out for a trim and I noticed that this is the way it is growing. When I twist my hair, the twists fall into a "V" as well.

moneychaser

I love my V-shape.. All I have to say is PLEASE do not go to the stylist to get it trimmed because you will lose alot of inches from them cutting away the "point" trying to even it up