Daily Conditioner Washes...Results anyone??

lolacurl

Hi! i'm new! I'm recently relaxed after two years of being natural. I just got a relaxer day before yesterday! I am familiar with conditioner washing, as I used to do this to maintain my natural hair. It was wonderfully moisturizing! So...today i did my first CW with as a 'permie', using suave milk and honey, and loved the results. My hair feels soft and I experienced no difficulty detangling. I have very coarse 4b hair, so that's a big deal for me! I believe I will continue...

MrsQueeny

Hi Bree when I co wash, I usually do it at night. I braid my hair in about 4 loose braids to let it dry for about 2 hours. Then I braid my hair in about 12 -20 smaller braids and spray with a braid sheen spray and go to sleep. It is usually dry in the AM. but if not, I will pin it up and maybe leave a small section hanging in front or sometimes I pin up the front and leave the back out. You should probably do the co wash as soon as you get home if possible to allow more drying time until morning. HTH Queneesha

missykeyana

I love conditioner washes. I use any Suave; right now I have Tropical Kiwi and Citrus Smoothie. I also have VO5 Kiwi and Lime for (mild) clarifying and Daily Defense Tender Apple on days I want to detangle (about twice a week). I like to shampoo once with a gentle shampoo once a week because I get buildup no matter what I use.

I love CW because my hair thrives. The naps are softer and they seem to 'sparkle' more. I wear mostly wash n gos and puffs. And I do twistouts when I CW at night. It's really quick, I just loosely twist after wrapping in a towel for a few minutes.

Hello I am new here also..I have started to CW using VO5 strawberries and creme. The results have been mixed. Once I finish washing, I use a variety of leave ins: Infusium, Profectiv Break Free and Healthy Ends, and then put it in a bun. When my hair is semi-dry, I take it out of the bun and wrap it. When I comb it out,I have been seeing little broken hairs, so I don't know what I am doing incorrectly
I would appreciate any advice...

B

ballet_bun

I'm doing daily CO washes just for the summer. I put conditioner(with a little oil) on dry hair first for about 30min or more sometimes. Then I rinse it out. Then I rinse with another conditioner and proceed with my normal steps. My hair really likes this so far.

DSD was my inspiration for trying daily CO washes!

RabiaElaine

[ QUOTE ]
nicagirl1970 said:
Hello I am new here also..I have started to CW using VO5 strawberries and creme. The results have been mixed. Once I finish washing, I use a variety of leave ins: Infusium, Profectiv Break Free and Healthy Ends, and then put it in a bun. When my hair is semi-dry, I take it out of the bun and wrap it. When I comb it out,I have been seeing little broken hairs, so I don't know what I am doing incorrectly
I would appreciate any advice...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicagirl,

Perhaps the problem is combing it when its not completely dry, I too have this issue and believe that this is the reason. It might be too wet still to comb, because as we know combing hair too much when wet can be a problem, especially trying to get it into a wrap.

Try to wait for it to dry more.

jasmin

Conditioner Washes got my hair back in shape

My hair broke off in the back of my head earlier this year for some reason and my hair got kind of thin. Anyway I started to do the conditioner washes at the end of April and my hair is back. I think I went about 12 weeks for a touch up the last 2 times. This time it was very hard to do because I had so much growth. Thank God I was just too lazy to go get a touch up sooner. My hair is now longer and thicker. Maybe this will give someone else an option to grow their hair. I just put in one of these scunci clips and let it curl or wave up and that’s it.

My husband keeps commenting on how soft my hair is. It is extra soft lately and it doesn’t really shed.

Conditioners I like most are Suave coconut, milk and honey, citrus smoothie, Humecto and NTM. I’ve used VO5 but I like Suave better. I just found my avocado oil and I’m going to start putting that in my hair as a moisturizer.

H

HoneyRockette

I did CW for about a month and a half and I loved it. I used Tresemme Anti Breakage Conditioner with gelatin and it did wonders for my hair's health. Unfortunately, I have sworn off doing my own hair for a while, otherwise I'd still be doing it. CW are not time consuming though, why do people say that? Don't you just wash your hair in the shower every morning? I think CW are a lot easier than washing once a week because you don't have to put that much into it. You don't have to deep condition or use eight different conditioners or a hot oil treatment. I just condition my hair, leave it in while I wash the rest of my body, rinse and throw my hair in a bun to dry. Needless to say, my hair was never fully dry for the whole month but nothing negative (that I noticed) ever came of it.

inthepink

I did co washes daily for about a week and will continue with them b/c my hair is so soft, manageable, and I lose a very small amount of hair daily. It takes me more time to get ready in the morning but now I don't have to do anything at night. I plan to do this when I'm all natural anyway. Though, it is taking an adjustment to get used to the wet hair all the time.

RabiaElaine,

Thanks for the advice..I did a CW tonight, but I followed up with a deep conditioner and am drying it with the ponytail rollerset mentioned in another thread. We'll see how this goes

H

HoneyRockette

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyRockette said:
I did CW for about a month and a half and I loved it. I used Tresemme Anti Breakage Conditioner with gelatin and it did wonders for my hair's health. Unfortunately, I have sworn off doing my own hair for a while, otherwise I'd still be doing it. CW are not time consuming though, why do people say that? Don't you just wash your hair in the shower every morning? I think CW are a lot easier than washing once a week because you don't have to put that much into it. You don't have to deep condition or use eight different conditioners or a hot oil treatment. I just condition my hair, leave it in while I wash the rest of my body, rinse and throw my hair in a bun to dry. Needless to say, my hair was never fully dry for the whole month but nothing negative (that I noticed) ever came of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I changed my mind. I am back to daily CW. I couldn't stay away. I love the results!

Healthb4Length

I don't do them daily, I do them every other day and I find that it makes my hair so soft, I can't go a couple of days without washing my hair or I'll be a tangled mess! Doing co washes really helps me to handle my thick type 4 hair and it's not too expensive cause I can use conditioners like queen helene cholesterol which is really cheap.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
While surging the last week and a half, I was doing CW every other day. I used M/T, GPB or NTM conditioners. This worked for me really well. I have finally gotten this airdrying thing down so I dont mind the washing so much! :)

ChosenbyGod

Last night I co washed with V05 Kiwi and Lime conditioner and put moisturizer, oil,and leave-in conditioner on hair. Then I put my hair in a ponytail to airdry and added olive oil on my ends. Today, my hair is slightly damp in the center at the roots, but it's straight and has body. I am a 4a/b I think.

carameldiva

i have been condition washing daily since June 2003. I have had great success with it. My hair is very soft and well conditioned. Less shedding and breakage occurring. I shampoo once a week and deep condition at that time. I use aussie 3 minute miracle Deeeeep, aussie moist, aussie mega, aussie knot forgotten and aussie 3 min miracle original as my daily conditioners.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
I've been doing cws since August of last year. I discovered them during my 17 week relaxer stretch out. It really helped in maintaining my newgrowth, by making it softer and more pliable. CWs leave my hair soft and I have less shedding and breakage(basically like the other ladies have stated). However, I never feel like my scalp is getting completely clean though. It's not like my scalp smells bad or still has some sort of buildup on it.......This could all be in my head :crazy: because, the conditioner isn't lathering up. I've always been told the lather means it's getting clean. Just an old way of thinking I guess.

n-e ways, I use VO5 and Suave. I shampoo once a week on my big wash day and do cw the additional days.

~op~

Mitre

Hello everyone, I am trying to be a more active member in this forum I join in 03 but only have 50 post.:ohwell: So, here goes CW has really made my new growth softer, reduce my shedding{ i stopped CW for a while and I was losing alot of hair when I comb my hair but I started back since I began working out regularly}:) . I am 3months 2week post relaxer and would like to extend it to seven months or may be 6 months. To help with my new growth I part my wash hair and apply castor oil from an applicator bottle directly on to the new growth. However, the castor oil is to thick so i dilute it with a little surge and suave honey and milk conditioner. I cut off 6 inches of relaxed ends due to a braiding mishap in October 04 now my hair is mid neck. when I cut it it was at chin length .Cutting off the relax hair has enable me to stretch my relaxer even further berfore I would have serious breaking 3 months post relaxer. Before the stylist left the relaxer on for 30 minutes now I make sure it is only 10-15 minutes tops. So my relax hair is not that different from me new growth. I wash with a clarifying shampoo every 2 week and a daily shampoo every week both are aveda shampoo. I will try and post picture before summer comes along. I think my hair type is 4A ;) .

IrisDaVirus

As a natural, conditioner washes do an excellent job of keeping my hair in check. My hair stays soft and it detangles with relative ease. My hair doesn't shed very much either. I make a point of doing a conditioner wash everyday regardless of whether I shampoo or not. :)

Ayeshia

Im defnitely back to doing these almost everyday...in fact i just did one a few minutes ago. I think I will be doing these for the rest of my life :lol:

Nenah

I was doing conditoner washes daily in the summer but I now do them twice a week because it's cold here in NY and i can't afford to get sick. But the cond. I use is Suave Hemectress and Aussie Deeeeep than I use coconut oil and Breakfree.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Bumping for more responses!!!

Starting July 2005, I'm thinking about not using any of the products that I use now, and I will start just co-washing daily (I may apply jojoba oil afterwards), and just shampoo once or twice a month, and see how my hair likes this! :think:

Last edited:

chocolate01

I cw about 2-3 times a week using Pantene Hydrating curls. It has definetly given my hair more moisture and helps make my hair more managable.

Dolapo

i CO twice a week and wash only when i have to clarify with suave clarifying shampoo which is bi-monthly. i no whave buildup on my scalp cos ive been using a thick conditioner (V05 nourishing oasis). ill go back to the normal lighter V05 conditioners. anyways, Co washes have helped reduce breakage and i lose no more than 10 shed hairs when i was. using shea butter on my hair has also reduced shedding/breakage when hair is dry. im thinking of trying shampoo bars (organic) and see how that will work

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I've been cowashing daily and I have been having GREAT results! My hair has been really soft and even the newgrowth hasn't been as unmanageabe as I believe it could have been. Most of the time I style it into a bun while its still damp and leave it alone.

ChoKitty

I just started CW..and so far so good. My hair seems to like it. My way to fix the wet hair all the time is to leave my ceiling fan on. I am normally in my bedroom when home, as everything is in there...and I learned that when I leave my fan on, my hair dries in a few hours..and it's no heat. That has actually helped a lot since I've started doing my hair on my own these past two years, and stopped using all heat. With the ceiling fan on, my hair even dries while it's in a bun.

Cichelle

I co-wash everyday, and shampoo whenever I feel like it, which might be as much as twice a week sometimes. (Though, I always mix my shampoo with a bit of conditioner.) I am pretty sure we have hard water here, but I wouldn't know the difference. I haven't seen any bad results from it. I look forward to cowashing everyday. I don't get tangles and I don't lose clumps of hair like I used to when I washed much less frequently. I almost never ever have difficult knots in my hair now.

I am asking my husband to look into buying a shower filter so I can see if there is any difference. But I plan to keep this up throughout the summer. It feels wonderful to have clean hair each day. My hair does go days without being dry, unless I airdry before putting it in a bun, but that's fine with me. I don't know what I'll do when the whether gets cold. I long time ago I used to go out with a wet head every morning in the winter and it never created a problem, so I might just continue on like this.

I am transitioning, btw.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Cichelle said:
I co-wash everyday, and shampoo whenever I feel like it, which might be as much as twice a week sometimes. (Though, I always mix my shampoo with a bit of conditioner.) I am pretty sure we have hard water here, but I wouldn't know the difference. I haven't seen any bad results from it. I look forward to cowashing everyday. I don't get tangles and I don't lose clumps of hair like I used to when I washed much less frequently. I almost never ever have difficult knots in my hair now.

I am asking my husband to look into buying a shower filter so I can see if there is any difference. But I plan to keep this up throughout the summer. It feels wonderful to have clean hair each day. My hair does go days without being dry, unless I airdry before putting it in a bun, but that's fine with me. I don't know what I'll do when the whether gets cold. I long time ago I used to go out with a wet head every morning in the winter and it never created a problem, so I might just continue on like this.

I am transitioning, btw.
A shower filter will DEFINITELY make a difference!!! :up: Get one ASAP before that hard water ruins your precious hair!!! :driver:

Cichelle

:) Thanks, Poohbear. I just sent my husband a link to the paragon shower filter. Hopefully he will buy it ASAP.