What do you guys use for CONDITIONER washes?

angellazette

How often do you do conditioner washes?
What conditioners do you use?
What results have you noticed from doing conditioner washes?

I've never done one but I plan on trying out daily conditioner washes. I just got a job
and I plan to start working out again
after work so that's why I want to try daily conditioner washes. It can't be good for all of that sweat to just sit there. Anyway, we have a BUNCH of conditioner samples in my house! We have:

Dove Intense Moisture for dry or damaged hair
Suave Lavender for Normal Hair
Herbal Essences Moisturizing Conditioner for Normal Hair

Of these three I think I'm going to try the Dove conditioner. Why? Because it says for dry, damanged hair. This may not be true, but does anyone think that products geared towards dry, damaged hair are more moisturizing?

The Herbal Essences notes "a Triple Conditioning System uniquely formulated wih Aloe, Vitamin E and Protein." Wouldnt that be too much protein for everyday use?

GinuwinesBoo

i do conditioner washes everyday if im going to wear my hair curly. i use suave coconut and it makes my hair more managable and moist and strong. using conditioners for dry or damaged hair are even better

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

-Daily

-VO5(2nd fav.)
-LUST
-Garnier Fruictise
-Humecto
-Clairol 5x's Renewel( I think this is my fav.)

-Minimun Shedding from 50-70 hair a day to 10-20 hairs a day
-Less breakage
-Softer more moisturized hair
-My hair is more manageable

aqualung

3X a week, usually after workouts or wearing it down for an event

My fave is Clairol Renewal 5X conditioner for colored/permed hair ($3 @ CVS). The very close runner up is Rusk Calm ($12 @ salon).

Before I discovered these 2 conditioners, conditioner wshes were a trial due to tangles and breakage/shedding. I quit protein treatments at my stylist's suggestion (no more hard, dry hair
).

Both conditioners strengthen and detangle and moisturize, so I'm shedding very little now and retaining moisture. My new growth (coming in fast!
) is less dry and brittle with the leave-ins and oils to seal in moisture. I've only been using them for 2 weeks, though.

inthepink

I do conditioner washes once a week on Wednesdays
I use Suave Humectant or Kenra Moisturizing (I plan to try more of the Suave Professionals and stick to that line for condition washes in the future)
I get clean hair without all of the tangles.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

At least every other day. On in between days I wet my hair with distilled water and apply my products.

I like Pantene S&S and Daily Defense Tender Apple best.

Softer, moisturized hair; less tangling.

How often?

Approx 3 x a week ish. Can be up to 4. Depends on how often I'm working out which is when I do them.

Which conditioners?

Suave Coconut and sometimes Aubrey GPB.

What results?

Less hair shedding due to not leaving the sweat in relaxed hair. Because I'm not using a shampoo too, less drying effects which means I CAN wash the hair often without worrying. NOTE: Results are alot better though when combined with using distilled water for a final rinse, or as much of this water as poss.

mirrormirror

I just did a conditioner wash and my curls came out much softer and lighter. Ive noticed when I shampoo and condition, my curls dont look as soft and springy. And my curls arent so tangled. I used a Dominican vegetable protien rinse.

Tara

I have been doing them every day, or every other day for one year now.

Right now I am using up my Dove Conditioner. I am in braids right now, but I want to use it up. It smells really good. I also like Suave Clarifying Conditioner, the smell is not that great to me though.

My hair went from literally looking like a brush fire (or tumbleweed) to being soft, moisturized, and having nice sheen. I noticed my hair seems....looser. I'm natural, so I'm still a "4", but curls are popping up more defined.

I think I noticed a little bit of softness on the first day. After two weeks I was hooked! It has really turned my hair around. I notice now that I also don't have to use too much moisturizer, and my hair retains moisture better.

soulchild

I agree with BrownRelaxedHair, I think Suave Coconut is good because it's light but still moistorizing. Great for conditioner washes.

And by the way, im glad to see that you updated your album BRH. I'm in absolute awe of your pictures

angellazette

Doesn't the Suave coconut conditioner contain protein? So wouldn't that be a no-no to use it so often? Or am I missing something

Honi

There is no board.
Twice a week

Suave humectant. I'm now gonna try VO5. Just bought creamy peach. Smells yummy yummy.

Same as above...soft, moisturized hair!

soulchild

I believe the protein content is very small. I know that tons of people use this on the regular for conditioner washes and even in their leave-in. HTH

ny2atl

I love Suave's Tropical Coconut... as cheap as it is, it's GREAT. Also, Herbal Essences Fruit Fusions is a keeper for me. Always leaves my hair soft, detangled and it smells good too.

JenJen2721

2x per week.

I looooove the Dove Intensive Moisture for Dry Damaged Hair...it smells great and gives lots of slip.

Softer hair and new growth...less tangling.

stacia

Re: How do you do a conditoner wash???

can someone tell me how they do their conditioner washes??

thanks,
Stacia

GinuwinesBoo

i do them in the shower and i rinse my hair thoroughly and then i squeeze some of the water out and apply the conditioner and put my hair in a clip and then when im done washing my body i rinse it out

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
can someone tell me how they do their conditioner washes??

thanks,
Stacia

[/ QUOTE ]

With my conditioner I "lather" up once w/conditioner...rinse.."lather" up again and put on a plastic cap while I wash my body...then rinse...that's it!