benefits of daily co washes...

lilchanel

I co wash every 5 days. Since it's getting warmer, I'm considering daily co washes. Please share with me what you've gained from daily co washes...

MyNameIsCiara

I co wash daily and I notice that my hair is much softer and I have less breakage, which retains length!

I definitely recommend daily co washes, I LOVE them!

OnceUponAtime

My hair curl definition is improved and my hair retains moisture, which = breakage = length. It also gives me an excuse to try out the different products recommended, which = PJism.

Vanessa22

co=conditioner

I do daily conditioner washes because I think my hair loves them. Plus, I feel as if my scalp and hair are both a lot cleaner as a result.

NAY007

I just started doing co washes again since it's getting warmer. And after coming from the gym in the am it just feels good to rinse my hair.
I like co washes because my hair gets moisture.
I use any conditioner for co washes. It can be a mask or a normal conditioner, doesn't matter to me.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Give them a try lilchanel...you will love them. Since I have been doing daily conditioner washes...my new growth lays down smoothly. After a workout...my hair looks like...
If it wasn't for the daily co washes...I wouldn't have been able to stretch out my relaxers for as long as I have. I am also having little to no breakage....and my hair seems to be growing faster than when I was only washing once a week. I air dry...and I mostly use Suave Milk And Honey Conditioner. Every now and then...I use Kenra and Dove.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I absolutely love co washes. I have been doing them daily for quite some time now(Since June). I just took a month break recently to experiment with sets and such. The benefits:

Minimum to no shedding
same for breakage
velvety soft hair

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I just started back doing them and my hair is loving it. I CO in the eveing and then I air dry about 85% , then I rollerset my hair for the next day. I use VO5 Oasis conditioner but also Suave and what ever else I have. Once a week I use shampoo and deep condition my hair using Carolyn Grey's formula.

MAHOGNEY329

Future ESQ. w/nice hair:)
Please explain how to do a co wash. Do you use a leave in conditioner or one you wash out or both? Is it okay to wrap set your hair under the dryer after the wash? It's not to harmful on your hair?

GinuwinesBoo

when u co wash you just use regular conditiner such as vo5 or suave. u rinse ur hair apply the co and then rinse again. you can wrap set it or whatever but most people who co wash do it every day or every other day so they just put it in a bun or wear it curly. but you dont want to forget about shampoo. you should still shampoo at least once a week to get rid of the build up.

GinuwinesBoo

i do. when i co wash for a week or 2 straight then i definitley notice a slight difference in length and thickness when i flat iron it

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Aaaaw...everyone around here likes their co washes...I had a bad experience doing one...I did use the Pantene R and N Conditioner though...I did not try it with my Fantasia tea tree conditioner...I will try it with the latter and see what happens.

Armyqt

I LOVE the Suave Milk and Honey and Citrus Smoothie for CO washes. Since it's getting warm, I'm back to doing it every day or every two days. My hair grows like a weed when I wet it often.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Im gonna try these co washes every other day maybe. I use Suave Coconut Conditioner for 30 mins then rinse out, then after washing, I will apply my Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner. Is that enough conditioning?

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Leaving the conditioner on 30 minutes every other day might not be such a good idea. Most people that do daily co washes every day or every other day...leave the conditioner on their hair for as long as it takes to shower (5-10 minutes).

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
another question...so, to do a CO wash, do you just need ONE conditioner or should you use two different conditioners? And its safe to do this daily? I may want to start doing that if its good for the hair.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
<font color="red">
Hey

Does anyone think that it is just as effective to wet your hair with water from a spray bottle instead of washing under a sink or shower??? I don't want my hair soak'n wet.

How long do leave-in conditioners last? For those who use leave-in conditioners after they co wash, what do u think???
</font>

webby

Think Slim
I have been wondering about co washes too...do any of you find that you are spending a lot of time doing your hair?

I just recently discovered that I was using rollers that were too small for quick drying, so that will save some time for me, but I'm wondering if co-washing can be done daily w/o spending way too much time.

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
<font color="red">
Hey

Does anyone think that it is just as effective to wet your hair with water from a spray bottle instead of washing under a sink or shower??? I don't want my hair soak'n wet.

How long do leave-in conditioners last? For those who use leave-in conditioners after they co wash, what do u think???
</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, daily wetting of your hair is very beneficial for growth. I think you'll see good results doing this. That's actually what I do in the winter months.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I LOVE the Suave Milk and Honey and Citrus Smoothie for CO washes. Since it's getting warm, I'm back to doing it every day or every two days. My hair grows like a weed when I wet it often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't find the citre smoothie... is that the correct name for it?