Daily Conditioner Washes...Results anyone??

RabiaElaine

Hi

What success are you ladies having with daily conditioner washes??

How often are you shampooing??

What conditioner are you using for daily co-washing??

NaturalRox

Since I've been doing daily conditioner washes (for about 6 weeks now) my hair has been much softer, shinier, and more moisturized than ever. My scalp also doesn't have any build-up or itching. I do an ACV rinse once a week to clarify any build-up on my hair from products. I shampoo once every other week when I do my ACV rinse. Right now I'm using Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Conditioning for my daily washes which works very nicely. Until recently I used to use Giovanni's Smooth as Silk or 50/50 Hair Remoisturizer but I find that NTM has slightly less build-up for me. I highly recommend both brands though!

Kha

I get faster growth, soft hair, and a clean feeling scalp. I conditioner wash on an average of 3-5 times a week depending on the style that I'm wearing. I use Suave Humectant the most, or any other cheap conditioner I get my hands on. I only shampoo maybe once or twice a month...and that's just my scalp, I don't shampoo my hair.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I started co washing in June of last year. The results are soft more manageable hair, less shedding(I am talking less than 20 hairs a day!), Minimum to no breakage. I usually co wash daily and use just about any conditioner under the sun. I use shampoo twice a week when I do my pre-shampoo treatment.

RabiaElaine

DSD,

How do you manage your new growth when it starts to come in really thick, with daily washing?? I assume at some point it becomes hard to comb. How are you drying your hair after.

ubavka123

I do daily co washes, too, especially since I have been working out daily more recently. I have had great success with them. I also have experienced no shedding and softer, shinier, bouncier hair. I am really quite surprised. Some of the co.'s I use are Aubrey's GPB, Frederick Fekkai Protein Rx, Keracare Humecto, and a leave-in by Alba Botanica after along with jojoba oil. On the ends, I use Phytospecific Moisturizing styling balm (done after pony is formed). It is working for me. I also do the air-dry pony, which I learned from this forum.
I lightly blowdry on cool (no heat) after applying products (and gently combing thru, then putting hair in pony) and airdry the rest of the night. I am loving this so far. I haven't fought with my hair since I started doing this. Before I did, my hair was shedding so much, I kept a swiffer in the bathroom just to pick it all up after every comb-out. This is really working for me!
Also, the elasticity of my hair has greatly improved. My hair is stronger and doesn't easily snap when pulled between my fingers. Used to snap like dry grass. Did I say that I was loving this, already?
I am 4a/b relaxed. I shampoo once a week and use Frederick Fekkai Apple Cider Clearing Rinse as needed. Sorry so long!

ubavka123

Perhaps you could use a clarifying shampoo, or do an apple cider vinegar rinse? Or perhaps you could try changing conditioners? Or perhaps you could rinse longer? I am only offering suggestions since I do not know exactly why you have the build-up. I hope this helps. I haven't had build-up, but I either wash my hair or do an ACV rinse when I feel my hair getting weighed down.

Angelicus

I've been co-washing for about a year. I only shampoo when i want to wear my hair straight, which may be about once every 1-2 months. My hair in the back has grown from six inches to 12 inches in a year (I got it cut to 10" though).

My favorite conditioners to use for washing are Suave, Pantene, and VO5.

LEOLADYSW

I love conditioner washes. They leave my hair shiny and soft, with no shedding/breakage. I do them twice a week and do a shampoo/protein conditioner once a month. I apply my butters mixed with jojoba oil, or Mizani H2O mixed with jojoba oil daily. I air dry in a single bantu knot and sport phony ponies for the summer. Since I started surging once a day, my new growth is soft and wavy -- not thick.

Tene

I shampoo once a week and co was almost daily. I use suave tropical coconut, alba botanical awapuhi mango, suave awapuhi, and pure and basic conditioner. I use ors mayonnaise or lustrasilk cholesterol once a week. I also use burt's bees avacado butter hair treatment. My hair has gotten thicker and is growing.

Tene

The avocado butter is wonderful, it leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. You should really try it.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
RabiaElaine said:
DSD,

How do you manage your new growth when it starts to come in really thick, with daily washing?? I assume at some point it becomes hard to comb. How are you drying your hair after.

[/ QUOTE ]
After having a certain amount of newgrowth I don't do too much combing. However the daily co washes help soften up my newgrowth and makes it very manageable. I try to minimize combing by only combing with my shower comb under running water. I use my hands to smooth my hair back into a ponytail and smooth the very top layer of my hair with either a boar bristle brush or a fine tooth comb. When I wear bantu sets I use my fingers to comb and gently detangle my hair.

I air dry in a ponytail or let it dry in a bantu knot set.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I've been doing conditioner washes ever since joining this forum a year ago in March. I do them either every day or every other day. The results from this gave me thicker, stronger hair (my hair was thin at the time), with fewer hair strands on my comb.

My conditioners I use: Suave, Pantene and VO5.
Also, I shampoo 2x a month, using cholesterol treatments once a month, and pre-no 'poo twice a week. </font>

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
When doing conditioner washes, do u guys put a whole bunch of conditioner all over your hair? Do u massage it in your hair from roots to ends or just on the outside of hair? Do u comb the conditioner through your hair or not??? How long do u guys leave the conditioner in???

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Jessica,

When I do CO washes, I put conditioner on my hair and massage it as I would shampoo in the shower. I then leave it on as I wash the rest of myself and the last thing that I do is rinse the conditioner out before getting out of the shower. HTH

BLESSED1

I'm maintaining lenght, have had no split ends since last July, and am now only 3 icnhes away form my bra-strap goal
I only shampoo once a week, co wash 6 days a week, and clarify once a month to prevent buildup from my Pantene R&amp;N conditioner.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I use VO5, Suave, or Infusium to do my conditioner washes. I only use shampoo when I retouch my texturizer. Sometimes I mix olive oil with the conditioner.

I usually apply the conditioner and use my fingers to apply friction to the scalp. I then wear a plastic cap while I take my shower. Then I remove my shower cap, turn the water to a cooler temp and rinse out most, but not all of the conditioner.

I use ACV to clarify once a week or every two weeks.

My hair is less dry since doing them and I don't need a lot of products to maintain my hairstyle. I usually wear it curly.

Kha

[ QUOTE ]
sarina0000 said:
How do yall dry your hair, and how do you wear your hair if you do conditioner washes daily

[/ QUOTE ]

I air dry my hair. I wear a few different styles, like twists, twistouts, two braids crossed pinned, shake and go's, pulled back wet into a ponytail/clip. Anything that's fast and simple.

Healthb4Length

very soft and easy to comb and manage. My twistouts/braidouts look good and are moisturized. The products that I am using are all my left over products that I've had for years! So far nothing bad has happened...yet.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
Raquel said:
Jessica,

When I do CO washes, I put conditioner on my hair and massage it as I would shampoo in the shower. I then leave it on as I wash the rest of myself and the last thing that I do is rinse the conditioner out before getting out of the shower. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! Ive been doing this all along!

Ive only done co-washing for one week back in May. My hair became thicker and my hair felt softer. I stopped because I didnt have time to do it. Now that I have decided to exercise every other day, Im going to start back doing it 3-4 times a week!

Ayeshia

I decided to cut down on CO washing to about 2 times a week. My hair takes forever to dry at the scalp. And since my job has their AC on blast it feels like im having an ice fest on top of my head

Co washes makes my hair very soft...in fact too soft sometimes

bee

I'm wondering how you ladies are styling your hair? I washed and air-dried my hair last night. It was still wet when I flat ironed it (haven't strightened my hair in about a year)! My hair is very thin (bald) in the temple areas and the hair at the nape of my neck is too nappy (IMO), to wear a bun. I wear braid-outs all the time but if my hair is not 90% dry, I get a frizzy-nappy mess!
If there are any SERIOUS 4bs out there what do you do to your hair after conditioner washes, to look presentable the next day?

TastesLikeMusic

hello all! new here

i've been thinking of starting to co-wash. i think i'll try it out and see if my results are good! i'm liking the positive things i'm hearing about it - hopefully my results are as good as some of yours are!

...*Lekyta