Daily Conditioner Washes...Results anyone??

vickiepickles

All About Me!
YamisGirl said:
I just started CW..and so far so good. My hair seems to like it. My way to fix the wet hair all the time is to leave my ceiling fan on. I am normally in my bedroom when home, as everything is in there...and I learned that when I leave my fan on, my hair dries in a few hours..and it's no heat. That has actually helped a lot since I've started doing my hair on my own these past two years, and stopped using all heat. With the ceiling fan on, my hair even dries while it's in a bun.

Brilliant! (Hadn't thought of that!)

YummyC

I condition wash daily with herbal essence in the pink bottle, NTM or dove. I can definetly say it has been doing great things for my hair. I am now 8wks post relaxer so i don't comb my hair much at all. I only detangle under running water with conditioner. I wear my hair in a bun of some sort everyday. Sometimes I might splurge and do a braid out but thats it.
I am a serious type four and daily con washes work for me.

For the hard to maintain nape and sides, I use Carols Daughter hair butter on damp hair, smooth it with my hand, then tie with a scarf.

Check out DSD's album. :)

LoriLOCX

After joining LHCF, I feel that I've learned "How To Correctly Care For Hair" for the first time. I had to re-think what to use and how it should work. I had never heard of CW and asked a few members for advice.

I haven't posted much about my experiences, but I'd like to share since it all started with co-washing.

I read about all the stuff people were using and couldn't make up my mind what conditioner would be best....so I immediately became a product junkie. I started off by giving away so much of my current product, I could have opened a store. I had atleast 3 giant moving boxes full of shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays, and hair grease. Gave it all up!!! Then, I had to figure out what was going to work for me.

I bought every conditioner I heard of here....VO5, Sauve, Aubrey GPB, Infusium, Pantene, Clairol RX and Herbal Essence, Kenra, Nature's Gate, Loreal VIVE, NTM, Back To Basics, Surge, and then some. I'm not sure what was doing what because every night I tried something else rather than stick to one product because I was afraid of my hair getting use to any one of them. At first, it was a godsend becuase my hair was responding beautifully. I liked the soft, smooth, healthy look and feel. It stopped shedding, and my ends were stronger and thicker looking. Then, it all seemed to change and I was having a hard tiime figuring out why. I started putting more products on my hair after my final conditioner rinse, to combat dryness and the shedding that had returned. It wasn't working, so I was a little distraught. Everyone in the forum was having such great success and I felt like a failure....but I didn't give up.

I decided to simplify my routine and start again. I now have a regime that works perfectly for me. It leaves my hair soft, straight, moisturized, and beautifully wavy. I can stretch a relaxer beyond my dreams. So, what have I done differently????

I co-wash my hair with Nature's Gate conditioners or V05 or Sauve. I drench my hair with water and massage 3 handfuls of con in my hair. Then I might add an oil blend on top...massage for 2-3 minutes, put on a plastic cap for about 30 mins to 1 hour and rinse out. If I'm doing a deep con day, then I rinse that out in about 15 minutes, and apply Saleerm Hair Oil Mask for about 30 mins to 1 hour, then rinse and apply a deep conditioner that I might mix with honey and EVOO. This combo works wonders for my hair. When I'm not being lazy, I'll do a pre -poo with honey and EVOO or johoba, or coconut oil, or Castor Oil...or a mix of all of them. Then my routine of co-wash and deep con.

The biggest challenge for me was how I did my hair after I rinsed the con out. Too many choices!! So, I decided simple for me was probably best. What I've ended up with is the GREATEST combo to moisturize my hair..

I will use a rinse to detangle. It stay in the hair.
I think I like KeraCare's best, but I also love the Saleerm leave-in.
The next step is the bomb. I mix a quarter size amount of shine serum (Design Essentials Silk Essentials) with Bed Head Ego Boost. Oh MY GOD!!!
Then some hair creme - Design Essentials RX, or QP Mango butter.
For security, I might smooth some oil (Nexxus Botanic Oil) on top...but not everyday. Then I brush the outer layer with a boar's head brush to put up in a pony tail and airdry. Some days, I might use Dark&Lovely's Honey Wave Glaze & Carol's Daughters Hair Butter instead of the Hair creme and botanic oil. Either way...my hair is WONDERFUL for me.

Now, the last thing was figuring out the best way to airdry and wrap it really flat. I GOT IT!!!! I use a long silk wrap scarf and a net hair band that has a velcro close. I wrap the silk scarf around my head in a tight circle so the top is open. I tuck the end under the last turn of the scarf and secure with the band around my forehead, ears, and velcro it in the back. Now the top is open right??? Well, I put the top together like a ponytail, keeping it tight. Then I take a short scarf and wrap that around the top. It's like having your hair in a pony tail and creating another ponytail with the scarf. It gets really tight and flattens my hair beautifully. In the morning, my hair is unbelievable.
This routine will allow me to go 2-3 days without co-washing.

On a non-cowash day, I will spray my dry hair at night with John Frieda's Leave-in spray, and then follow the same routine above. It's just as wonderful this way!!!

I've been using protein once a month, and I've found that my hair LOVES and responds really well to Dominican hair conditioners. I've tried the Super 10 en 1, Silicon Mix, and Capilo's Milk & Honey. Now I've ordered tons of Dominican Hair conditioners.

Anybody tried any of their relaxers??? I've been using Affirm and Dudley's.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Ever since joining LHCF in 2003, I've learned so much about how conditioner washes can make your hair softer, moisturized and shiny, with less breakage. I've been so accustomed to the routine, my hair has never been this healthy or this soft in all my life. I don't do them on a daily basis, but I might have to do so throughout the summer months. I'm at mid upper back and hopefully be reaching near bra clasp length before the end of the year.

My products that I use are Pantene, VO5 and Herbal Essences. I clarify every other week with ACV rinse, and do a weekly shampoo with a mixture of shampoo/conditioner/water in an empty Gatorade bottle. Thanx to everyone here at LHCF, I'm on my way to having long hair.

BTW, Yasmis, that's a great idea to have a ceiling fan going to air dry the hair. I have one in the living room and, whenever I have my hair dripping wet from my CW, I would put it in my moisturizers and leave-ins, pull my hair in a ponytail, and let it air dry. I do it everytime, especially when I have one of those box fans you put in the window, or an oscilating fan that moves from side to side. Koooooool!

BC

curlilocs

I've been doing COW's daily since I BC'ed. I use a cheapie. V05 Strawberries and Cream. I shampoo and condition once a week with Aubrey Organics Island Naturals. My hair is still really short, but it's really soft, shiny and tangle free, I don't even need a comb!

Ms Red

For any transitioning or relaxed ladies that co-wash daily, I am thinking that the only styling options you have are: buns, braidouts/twistouts or phony/natural ponies?

Just wondering... :ohwell:

Cichelle

I can wear a "shake and go", but I don't because I am committed to wearing my hair up everyday for a while.

tuffCOOKiE

weeeell.. Ive been co washing since the summer has started but I always get a lot of build up and Suave milk and honey does NOT like my type 4 hair. I did a co wash w Keracare last nite and oo0o0oo ladies!! the best. But the bottle is 10 bux! i cant be doing daily co washes with this stuff any suggestions?

tHANKS!

precious_pup

Conditioner Washes have been very beneficial for me. My hair is not dry. It is softer, has more sheen and curls are more defined. The conditioners that have been working very well for me are the "Salon Care" conditioners found at Sally's. I have tried V05, Suave, White Rain and Pantene Hyd. Curls and althought theses were okay, Sally's conditioners worked the best for me.

ChoKitty

^___^ I'm glad I showed some people a new way to dry their hair. I love my ceiling fan, lol.

As to the being relaxed and only being able to wear buns..I can wear my hair down, or let it dry out so it's crimps up a little. I just normally leave it in a bun to dry. Once dry, I take it down. I hate having to wear my hair up all the time. I'm trying to grow it, might as well enjoy it. The bun just makes sure it dries straight. :)

Miosy

For the daily CW do you guys just rinse your hair with the conditioner or do you detangle daily too in the shower?

LoriLOCX

You can rollerset every once in a while or wear bantu knots or pincurls.

cupcake said:
For any transitioning or relaxed ladies that co-wash daily, I am thinking that the only styling options you have are: buns, braidouts/twistouts or phony/natural ponies?

Just wondering... :ohwell:

Victorian

old head
I :love: daily con washes! Fresh hair every day!
I start by "washing" with warm water. Then I apply the conditioner and work it through. I always detangle with my fingers while the conditioner is in. Then I rinse it out thoroughly with warm water, followed by cold water.
Leaves my hair nice and soft.

Cichelle

I detangle daily in the shower with a wide tooth comb, loads of conditioner and the water streaming onto the section of my hair that I am detangling. I always dentagle gently with my fingers first. But this takes a very short amount of time per section. I hardly ever have difficult knots...I guess because I detangle each day. HTH

TwistNMx

I don't know why, but I find that if I do too many conditioner washes in a week alone, my hair will start shedding a lot when it's wet in the shower.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I just started back doing daily cowashing with the help of you wonderful ladies here. My hair feels so much better and I am also experiencing less shedding and little to no breakage. I used to wear my hair stretched out and dry all the time in a puff which took a toil on my hair. Now, I'm back to sporting my natural coils. :)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Poohbear said:
I just started back doing daily cowashing with the help of you wonderful ladies here. My hair feels so much better and I am also experiencing less shedding and little to no breakage. I used to wear my hair stretched out and dry all the time in a puff which took a toil on my hair. Now, I'm back to sporting my natural coils. :)

(in red) same here :yep: