Curly Kid on YouTube

msdeevee

Have you guys seen this girl on YT. I'm really impressed by her knowledge of curly hair. She has her routine down pat. She's really cute too. I happen to stumble on it. She doesn't look anymore than 9 or 10 years old. She even talks makeup too, I wonder if her mom approves :lol:

YouTube - Curly Hair Routine

YouTube - Quick & Elegant Bun For Bad Hair Days! ( Inspired By CiCi )

That's what I'm saying!! @ 13 she got a routine, knows her products and everything--good for her--it took me forever to get my routine together.

Totally agree. She's a very cute little girl wearing make-up and talking about jumping in and out of the shower washing her hair. The world is full of sick, sick sickos and if I were her mother, I'd be concerned.

ITA..she's cute but I too hope she's being monitored and protected.

I read one comment on there where someone was asking her to take a pic of herself modeling the shoes and he or she would Pm them their info so she could send them . People are sick now and I don't think I would have my kid out there but everything goes in this world now.

Danniquin

Well I'm 16 now and I was wearing makeup when I was 13. I think she's super cute! Plus her makeup is natural looking so she's fine. She just seems independent, which is amazing because even at 13 I need my mother to do my hair even a simple ponytail. Only criticism, she needs to back off of Justin Bieber, he's mine! :lachen: But seriously I'm sure her parents supervise.

Aww, what a cutie :). I just read that she's quarter black, and three-quarters white. Interesting mix I don't come across often.

And to be fair, yes people will perve on 13-year-olds. But then again, people will perve on 18-year-olds, 25-year-olds, 30-year-olds, heck, even the grandmas and beyond. So I dunno, I don't see much wrong with her doing these videos, providing she does stay age appropriate and careful. Some kids can be a lot more clued up about the internet than we may think. And like someone on this thread said, at least she isn't doing any raunchy dancing to suggestive music. Just sayin'.

Geminigirl

My goodness, maybe she is aspiring to be something. Would you not let your child model, be a musician, do commercials or and actor/actress because there are pervs out there too?

Why must we not live because of the bad people in the world. As long as she's not giving out her location, telephone number etc, kudos to her.

BTW- I didn't watch the vid just clicked just to see her lashes.

Solitude

Girly is cute,

But is she sporting Lash Extensions????

Oki-Doki then...

ETA:
Why do kids talk like that?

"...so, umm,...yeah."

:perplexed

...because they are kids/teenagers...

eta: meaning, there is no reason for them to try to act grown-up/professional. Seems like she's just being herself.

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Cute kid. She looks like a baby Mariah Carey.

I think it's great she is taking care of her hair, but idk, to me she used too many products for a simple ponytail. And I seriously wanted to rip that little black comb out of her hands.

EllePixie

My goodness, maybe she is aspiring to be something. Would you not let your child model, be a musician, do commercials or and actor/actress because there are pervs out there too?

Why must we not live because of the bad people in the world. As long as she's not giving out her location, telephone number etc, kudos to her.

I don't think anyone said that she shouldn't do the videos, people just said that they hope her parent(s) are monitoring it. And no, even if you are 13 your parent doesn't have to monitor your stuff...you could easily fake being your parent and do it anyway. That was my point, at least.

Geminigirl

I don't think anyone said that she shouldn't do the videos, people just said that they hope her parent(s) are monitoring it. And no, even if you are 13 your parent doesn't have to monitor your stuff...you could easily fake being your parent and do it anyway. That was my point, at least.

Ok? And I just said maybe she's doing the videos for a reason. If your child loves to draw don't you buy them a pad and some crayons. I mean really this isn't any of y'alls kids so #1 I don't see why you care so much #2 she's not doing anything wrong from what I read #3 there are pervs everywhere. If her parent's are monitoring it great, every parent should be on top of their kids online activities in this day and age, if not, then that's their problem and they need to do what THEY need to do.

EllePixie

Ok? And I just said maybe she's doing the videos for a reason. If your child loves to draw don't you buy them a pad and some crayons. I mean really this isn't any of y'alls kids so #1 I don't see why you care so much #2 she's not doing anything wrong from what I read #3 there are pervs everywhere. If her parent's are monitoring it great, every parent should be on top of their kids online activities in this day and age, if not, then that's their problem and they need to do what THEY need to do.

I think people were just making a comment...it's really not that serious. No one said she was doing anything wrong and everyone agreed she is cute. If she's doing it for a reason, cool. Sorry, people can have an additional opinion besides OMG THAT'S SO CUTE!

***Backs out of thread***

Geminigirl

I am a little irritated tonight and your right it's not that serious. I wasn't being that serious were you(by that I mean i don't really care about this topic that much)? I just stated my opinion as well, back out if you must, make me no never mind either way.

Mrs. Verde

I don't see how refusing to let my child create youtube videos and post them is someone how restricting/denying creativity. Lots of kids grew up and were creative BEFORE youtube existed. She wouldn't die or suffer if I didn't allow her to have a youtube channel. For goodness sakes, she's making videos about hair regimens. She's not reciting Orthello.

If she wanted to act, I'd take her to acting lessons. If she wanted to model, I might consider that. However, I'm not sure that I would want me child modeling. I want my child to have self-esteem, I don't know that the modeling world would provide esteem or make her self-conscience.

I'm the first person to say you shouldn't let fear rule you. However, as a parent it is my job to protect my child. I make no apologies for that. And if I think that it would be inappropriate for my child to make youtube videos, so be it.

Last edited:

EllePixie

I am a little irritated tonight and your right it's not that serious. I wasn't being that serious were you(by that I mean i don't really care about this topic that much)? I just stated my opinion as well, back out if you must, make me no never mind either way.

No it wasn't that serious to me, but your response seemed irked when I don't think people, myself included, were trying to be negative towards her in any way. So if you are irritated and want to debate/argue about it...I don't have anything to debate about, that's all.

iri9109

i mean really she's not your kid either, so i dont see why you're going so hard, especially if you dont care

Last edited:

iri9109

That wouldn't be my babygirl. :nono:

The parents that let their kids grow up too fast will truly regret it later

i was just thinking about that...esp. child stars who missed out on their childhood b/c they were forced to grow up too soon and in the limelight...i can probably count on one hand the ones that havent been in trouble with the law or in rehab or F'd up in some other way

Irresistible

My daughter is 21 and didn't get a facebook page or online access without me till this age and I still Monitor to what degree I can :sekret:

nothing like throwing your baby to the wolves and promoting her to accentuate her beauty in so many ways so young. Ugh , You NEVER ever never stop giving your baby girl age appropriate wisdom , it does not stop at any age. Yes you take steps back-but you don't just open doors that don't need to be open in the first place... at 13? nah this is too much...sigh

makes me feel some kinda way having raised a daughter.

eta: parents need to understand that their degree of parenting and protecting and restricting will be totally respected and appreciated later. I know my daughter does honor it today, heavily. I have no regrets. like I said that wouldnt be my babygirl :ohwell:

Last edited:

AlliCat

Shes veryy pretty! favors mariah carey a bit.

She's just fun to look at. I'm relaxed so I personally wouldn't use her methods. Mousse? hairspray?? raking through wet hair with a paddle brush...naww son. But it works for her, which is what hair care is all about. More power to her :grin:

AlliCat

I haven't seen her makeup vids but she has mascara on...um ok :ohwell: why is that such a big deal? are we forgetting she will be starting high school in a year or two

qchelle

My daughter is 21 and didn't get a facebook page or online access without me till this age and I still Monitor to what degree I can :sekret:

You didn't allow your daughter to have a facebook or online access until she was 21? Wow!

Anyway, cute kid. This is how knowledgeable my daughter is gonna be about haircare :yep:

Irresistible

You didn't allow your daughter to have a facebook or online access until she was 21? Wow!

Anyway, cute kid. This is how knowledgeable my daughter is gonna be about haircare :yep:
That's right. Thats exactly what I did. no online access without my knowledge, she certainly was not online at 13 or any of her teenage years for that matter without my knowledge, with a bunch of crazies, I have no regrets. not one.

Since being on facebook, I have made sure she deleted posts with the name of our condo's and the city we are in, and her job and her phone number-put all that with the fact that she uses her real name.......hell to the nah. again NO regrets. I cannot possibly regret protecting her. A child does not mature by age alone.

bad enough not many use screen names on there (I do) and use their gvmnt names

This 13 year old is just a baby in my eyes. :nono:

Last edited:

qchelle

That's right. Thats exactly what I did. no online access without my knowledge, she certainly was not online at 13 or any of her teenage years for that matter without my knowledge, with a bunch of crazies, I have no regrets. not one.

Since being on facebook, I have made sure she deleted posts with the name of our condo's and the city we are in, and her job and her phone number-put all that with the fact that she uses her real name.......hell to the nah. again NO regrets. I cannot possibly regret protecting her. A child does not mature by age alone.

bad enough not many use screen names on there (I do) and use their gvmnt names

This 13 year old is just a baby in my eyes. :nono:

Wow! Ok. So how old will she have to be before she's allowed to get online without your knowledge?

Irresistible

Wow! Ok. So how old will she have to be before she's allowed to get online without your knowledge?
You misunderstood, she is now, she has access whenever or wherever from her cell phone, works full time and is totally responsible. I am connected to her on facebook, she obviously knows that :lol: and is fine with it. I can look at my daughter today and be sooo thankful for all I did as her mother. I AM VERY PROUD OF HER and so thankful for our relationship. and who and where and what she is today. :heart2:

back to what I said in the first place, this wouldnt be my babygirl. but then me and honeycomb are here >< on raising/taking care of our daughters. I see very clear where the concern from her (starting this thread) and the others expressing it are coming from regarding this lil girl's age and all that she is doing-way too much

I do really hope she is monitored. :perplexed

but you know to each your own with your own daughters. Mine is raised and doing wonderful. Thank God!

Mz.MoMo5235

i think she is soooo cute... i feel my uterus talking to me again lol

but i have to agree with the majority who said it wouldnt be my kid. i'm sorry, but i will be keeping mine on a tad bit shorter leash than that.

personally i wasnt allowed to wear make up til i was 16. of course i wore it before that (applying my make up on the bus sharing eye liners with friends *gag* ) but had i listened to my mom than maybe i wouldnt have ran around looking a hot mess in my school pictures (i barf a little every time i see those pictures with the wrong shade foundation making a mask because i didnt blend into my neck. using the same black liner on my eyes which looked quite raccoon'ish and on my lips as liner looking very chola'ish)

and well... i forgot what my point was as i have these terrible middle school flash backs... wouldnt be my kid lol

qchelle

You misunderstood, she is now, she has access whenever or wherever from her cell phone, works full time and is totally responsible. I am connected to her on facebook, she obviously knows that :lol: and is fine with it. I can look at my daughter today and be sooo thankful for all I did as her mother. I AM VERY PROUD OF HER and so thankful for our relationship. and who and where and what she is today. :heart2:

back to what I said in the first place, this wouldnt be my babygirl. but then me and honeycomb are here >< on raising/taking care of our daughters. I see very clear where the concern from her (starting this thread) and the others expressing it are coming from regarding this lil girl's age and all that she is doing-way too much

I do really hope she is monitored. :perplexed

but you know to each your own with your own daughters. Mine is raised and doing wonderful. Thank God!

Ohhhh ok. Yea, I totally misunderstood. I was like how is a 21 yr olds online access always monitored...??? :lol: I mean...I guess it could be done (in theory).

But I completely understand people's strong aversion to this lil girl having a YT page :yep:

SheenaVee

I'm the same age as your daughter, Irresistible! :D

And yeah, she's a sweetheart but I'm a bit uncomfortable with her making YT vids. I know she's 13 but she LOOKS younger and just the thought of those pedos out there who might find her vids... *gag* Yeah. I don't think I'd let my daughter do this if I had one.