CROC 2 FLAT IRON REVIEW!!! *GREAT for NATURALS and those who PRESS:

kurlybella

ladies, i've found a flat iron sooooo nice! it's awesome!!

it's the croc 2 1" flat iron

silky hair? check.
no heat damaged? check?
wet to dry? check
straight roots with one pass on 4a/b hair? check! check! check!

this iron has so many features!

i have a full review on my blog: http://www.kisforkinky.com/2010/06/croc-2-infared-1-flat-iron-review-rave/

i want one asap!!!

why have we been sleeping on this iron ladies?! and 4a/b ladies, it makes your hair have swang and feel like silk!

i've tried and own a sedu, tried a corliss, chi and fhi - and this croc iron is boss!

anyone else tried this iron?

aileendq

Please, please, please DO NOT use the wet-to-dry feature. You'll break your hair. Trust me- been there.

Forever in Bloom

I can vouch for this iron. My stylist used 1 pass and got it done!! She set it on 450 degrees, but I had no heat damage. She loaded up on the heat protectant, but my hair was not greasy and had major body :grin:

I've posted this pic before, but this is what my hair looked like until torrential rain poured from the skies a week later and ruined her beautiful work :sad:

kurlybella

i love this iron. as soon as i get my own black, i WILL post pics. i'll probably order one next month.

love your pics bloom.

it's crazy, right? your hair feels almost healthy after using this thing!!!

akgirl

That's actually not steam in the picture, it's just them trying to illustrate that it has "infrared" technology. It's a little misleading. They are just regular white plates. I had this iron for a few days, did a great job...but kind of snagged on my hair so it went back.

Bublin

^^^ but the product description says 'steam' for the Babyliss.

Breakthrough Cera-Heat™ technology uses a supercharged heating system to give salon straightness that lasts longer
Retractable detangling fins give a professional combing effect for extra effective straightening, with three settings for different hair types (high, low and off)
Ionic steam enhances the hair condition and zaps frizz for a high shine finishFive temperature settings
Heats up to 230°C
1½’’ ceramic-titanium plates for ultimate smoothness
3m salon length swivel cord
Convenient Luxury storage pouch doubles as a heat protection mat
Five-year guarantee

Bublin

^^^ are you serious DD? Its you guys that have the selection of the cream of the crop. We can't get ChI or FHI or whatever or the Maxiglide. We may look like we have more to choose from but they are all much of a much.

crr0121

That's actually not steam in the picture, it's just them trying to illustrate that it has "infrared" technology. It's a little misleading. They are just regular white plates. I had this iron for a few days, did a great job...but kind of snagged on my hair so it went back.

First, ITA that CROC is the BEST flat iron EVER!!! It is not steam in the pic, but the pic is a diff flat iron than u used. I used the Croc Infrared and it DOES actually have the red (infrared) light down the middle of the plate. U have to turn on the infrared feature. All of their irons have infrared but the Infrared has an extra boost of it. So the one you have doesn't sound like the Infrared but they might've used the same pic for that one 2. I did a review on a Croc a while ago for those wanting more info.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=437700&highlight=

But I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as i do. I think a lot of ppl don't kno about the Croc or just sleep on it. I'm glad I didn't miss out!

Last edited:

Bublin

First, ITA that CROC is the VEST flat iron EVER!!! It is not steam in the pic, but the pic is a diff flat iron than u used. I used the Croc Infrared and it DOES actually have the red (infrared) light down the middle of the plate. U have to turn on the infrared feature. All of their irons have infrared but the Infrared has an extra boost of it. So the one you have doesn't sound like the Infrared but they might've used the same pic for that one 2. I did a review on a Croc a while ago for those wanting more info.

But I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as i do. I think a lot of ppl don't kno about the Croc or just sleep on it. I'm glad I didn't miss out!

I'm confused i thought akgirl was commenting on my post about the Babyliss. :spinning:

crr0121

Ooooh its sold in the UK.......

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Beauty/TurboIon-Croc2-Titanium-Wet-to-Dry-1-inch-Flat-Iron/3459079/product.html?cid=133635

There are a few Crocs on this site, can someone help me the one you guys are all talking about?

From my understanding, u were saying that the croc is sold in the UK and THEN she said there's no steam coming from the CROC and that the red light steam lookin stuff is just "illustrating" the infrared. So it sounds to me like she's talkin bout the Croc. She didn't say anything about the babyliss and the pic in the OP's first post has the "non-steam" she's talkin bout, so all i see is you and her talkin about the croc till later and the whole thread is about the croc (tried 2 stay on topic), not the babyliss so I was just further explaining the infrared light on the Croc and why hers didn't have it. In the part i quoted, she's talkin about the Croc, that's how i read it at least.

Last edited:

lea86111

uhm...i need a flat iron that is high end and this one is cheap enough (on amazon its $75 while the others like sedu, fhi etc start at $85 on amazon) so i bought it...fingers crossed

akgirl

First, ITA that CROC is the BEST flat iron EVER!!! It is not steam in the pic, but the pic is a diff flat iron than u used. I used the Croc Infrared and it DOES actually have the red (infrared) light down the middle of the plate. U have to turn on the infrared feature. All of their irons have infrared but the Infrared has an extra boost of it. So the one you have doesn't sound like the Infrared but they might've used the same pic for that one 2. I did a review on a Croc a while ago for those wanting more info.

Aha, yes, for clarification to everyone else, I was definitely talking about the CROC. So, there really is a model that has the light in the middle of the plate? That's great! I've never seen it on the models I've seen in person. They should stop using that pic to advertise for the models that don't have it.