Product Review: Croc 2 Infrared flat iron

bgsix

Dang you SB!!! I have been eyeing this bad baby for a while now. See I had planned on getting a steamer this month,now I am torn :wallbash: Decisions! Decisions!!

Your hair is beautiful as always.

LadyPBC

I am ordering one off of amazon tonight or tomorrow. This will be just in time for my Vegas trip next month.

WOW - I went to Amazon and saw the iron for about $85 - is that the same exact iron? It's almost 1/2 the price the OP paid - is that possible.

Also - for those of you who have used it already, did you indeed use the iron without any heat protector or leave in condish? That sounds pretty scary:perplexed.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Just ordered the 1.5" infrared unit. I spoke to the manufacturer this morning to be sure this was the best one of the units they offer. The gal said that for coarse and kinky hair it is the right one

Je Ne Sais Quoi

WOW - I went to Amazon and saw the iron for about $85 - is that the same exact iron? It's almost 1/2 the price the OP paid - is that possible.

Also - for those of you who have used it already, did you indeed use the iron without any heat protector or leave in condish? That sounds pretty scary:perplexed.

It is the same from what I can tell but I will say that per the rep I spoke with this morning amazon is not an authorized dealer so they may not honor the warranty. I don't care so I took the risk and ordered from amazon. Hopefully there will be no problems.

Southernbella.

I paid $112, but yes that's the same iron.

I used it with a little heat protectant serum.:yep:

sheba1

No worries. I paid $85 also but the OP probably bought it from somewhere with a better in house warranty.

Great review SB :wave: LOVE ur hair!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am getting more and more closer to deciding to go natural and just try to roller set or flat iron my hair. Thanks for the great review because your hair is wonderful here.:yep:

serene

I went ahead and ordered the 1.5in from Amazon....can't wait! I'm loving Southernbellas results!!

lea86111

=( m sad...i have a croc 2 BUT its not the infrared one...i might sell it nd get the infrared one. Sigh

serene

Mine arrived today:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:...I just ordered it Monday night. It's going to be like 5 million degrees to tomorrow, but I can't wait to try it out tonight....ol.

Chantelle09

Your hair looks amazing... I would also try not using the coconut oil before you flat iron. Just use something specific like fantasia heat style protector in the pink bottle a little before & a little after.

http://www.essenceofsilk.com 100% silk & satin pillowcases, hair wrap, du rags & more...

luckiestdestiny

Noticed some of the reviews said you have to put nothing on the hair before or else the iron smokes and possibly scorches the hair...you say you put on heat protectant and...no smoke? I would never risk no heat protectant ever.

kurlybella

this iron is the bizness! i'm online looking for one to buy now. the stylist at aveda used it on my and in one pass my hair when from 75% shrunk to long and silky! crazy!

lea86111

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oB99NhAG0

this is the one i have. she says it's the infrared one but there's no infrared button like you were saying in the op, nor no red lights like in the pics i've seen on the internet. is it still infrared or not?

ot:she's using the comb chase method :rolleyes: and kurlybella you're shoes are FIERCE! fierce, i tell ya!!!!!

crr0121

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oB99NhAG0

this is the one i have. she says it's the infrared one but there's no infrared button like you were saying in the op, nor no red lights like in the pics i've seen on the internet. is it still infrared or not?

ot:she's using the comb chase method :rolleyes: and kurlybella you're shoes are FIERCE! fierce, i tell ya!!!!!

No, the one she uses is not the infrared one. It is the titanium. All flat irons with ceramic/tourmaline/titanium give off SOME amount of infrared (or ionic) energy; so in the descriptions of other Croc flat irons they may say it has "infrared technology" but the Croc 2 Infrared has INFRARED in the title of the product. That is the only one with the red light which is a boost of extra infrared.There are many different Crocs that have the infrared technology but they are not the "Croc 2 Infrared." Hope that clears up some of the confusion.