Croc 2 Infrared review/Newbie coming out!!!!

crr0121

Intro: Hey, I've been lurking for a long while and learning SO much from this forum so I decided 2 finally post something!! Well I looked here first for reviews on the Croc flat iron and found a lil bit but not much, so I wanted to add some info for future searches...so I went off of the reviews on Folica and decided to give it a try. It's about 150 on folica but I got it on Ebay for 90 :drunk:!! There's different ones but I got the Croc 2 Infrared.

Hair History: was natural with MBL till 14 years old. Then started relaxing, flat ironing every day (fried), coloring and not taking care of my hair. It broke off badly but I still didn't wanna cut it. Cut it in '07, still didn't take care of it so cut it again in May '09. Got rid of MOST damaged ends and currently all natural except maybe half an inch. Only used heat twice (including this time)since the May haircut. Here I am still trimming damaged ends as I go along, it's almost all gone now:yep:.

Actual Review:
So...I've had many other ceramic and whatnot flat irons and NONE compare. Since the Croc isn't very popular, I was afraid 2 try it but it sounded so good. So I DC'd overnight the night b4 with Sedal Ceramidas and honey and cowashed it out the next day with tresemme anti-damage. I then let my hair air dry about 90% then used my Olive oil hair lotion like always (so I know that didn't affect the result). I had 2 play around with the temperatures (it goes from 280-450F) since i'm used to 1-25 on most flat irons so I didn't know what temp was good for me. I figured it out and stuck to 380 and I passed the flat iron through each section ONCE and my hair was silky, smooth, shiny, and soft. When I finished, my hair felt healthy and like I had a relaxer from root to tip. I was VERY impressed and I am SO in love. I didn't even have to get that close to the roots for it to still straighten the roots (i guess from the Infrared holes on the side). It's titanium and ceramic and I love and digital display and little beeping noises that make it look so high tech lol. The fact that it's cute helps too (it has a pretty croc emblem). But the most important thing is IT WORKS! and I don't think it caused damage. I still don't wanna use heat much but with this, I'm not AFRAID to use heat. This flat iron is just amazing and I can't explain how much I love it! I think it's better than Chi.

Result Pics...1st one is close up of shine and roots, others r kinda far, sorry but it is silky straight. Btw, I did trim the ends after these pics.

101_0038.jpg

101_0044.jpg

101_0042.jpg

Here is some extra info and reviews
http://www.folica.com/Croc_2_Infrared_d4798.html
http://www.beautybasicsupply.com/TurboIon-Croc-Infrared-Flat-Iron-1-p/tu3crotiin.htm

Sorry for this being Sooo long :ohwell:

Nameless

:welcome:

Nice results. I'm not an expert on using hair straighteners but I think you can get similar results on a lower temperature. Plus there would be less damage.

Bumping for more responses.

sheba1

Beautiful!! And :welcome: :wave: I :love2: my Croc2. Love, I tell you!

I don't think 380 is too high, at all, especially at one pass. Just not too often, I guess?

Your results are gorg, thanks for sharing.

darlingdiva

Welcome aboard!!!:yep:

It seems like your hair is progressing well. Just be sure to give your hair lots of TLC.

To Gabrielle A: I'm not an expert on flat irons, either (one look at my recent flat-ironing job proves that), but sometimes a higher temperature is needed. Although my hair didn't stay flat when I last straightened it, I saw quite a difference in the straightness when I used the flat iron on 410 versus 370.

Nameless

To Gabrielle A: I'm not an expert on flat irons, either (one look at my recent flat-ironing job proves that), but sometimes a higher temperature is needed. Although my hair didn't stay flat when I last straightened it, I saw quite a difference in the straightness when I used the flat iron on 410 versus 370.

Oh ok. I only use a straightener on my relaxer days (which is every 3 months) and my stylist does it. She uses GHDs (very popular in England). I heard that doing a roller set, then a cling film wrap (I think it's also called a Saran wrap) and sitting under the hood dryer produces the same results as hair straighteners plus there's less direct heat. I might try it on my next wash day :yep:

crr0121

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome. I've just learned so much from you guys and I care more about health now than length, I think health makes truly beautiful hair!

gymfreak336

Welcome to the board. That is the iron I am planning on getting next. I got the croc designer and I love that. Croc makes good stuff.