I need your help! Which flat-iron would you choose?

Danniquin

I'm trying to figure out which flat iron I want to add to my Christmas wish list, since the ceramic on my chi peeled off :perplexed. I have a maxi glide but it's kind of broke (The piece that holds the plate in broke of so I super-glued it down :lol:) and it's too big and chunky for me to work with. So I narrowed my choices down to two different ones.

Solia:

"The Solia 1¼" flat iron features the Dynamic Alignment System to ensure perfect contact between your hair and the plates. It supplies even heat distribution for true silky straight hair. Its ceramic/tourmaline ion technology will generate gentle far-infrared heat and extra negative ions to create the perfectly frizz-free hair without heat damage."

The only con I find for this one is that it damages your hair overtime, but don't all flat irons do that if used excessively?!

Croc 2 Infa Red:
YouTube - c Product INFRA RED

Keeps moisture balance on hair.
Prevents hair damage and dandruff
Stimulates hair growth
Protects color treated hair
Removes hair bacteria and hair odor
Keeps natural healthy hair by sealing moisture and adding silky shine

There is a major con with this one, the instructions specifically say not to use any products prior to flat ironing hair. That means no leave-ins or heat protectant.

Both of them have really great reviews, so I don't know which one to choose. How about you, Or do you have any other suggestions besides the chi and maxiglide?

ms.blue

i use the sedu 1.5" so that is the one I can recommend.

ETA: I see the folica has a coupon code for 25% off of the croc iron which will take of 37.50 off the price. That is a really good deal.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I've heard great reviews on the Croc 2 infared (not to mention the promo makes it look like you're buying a high tech new car or something. :lachen:). I'm trying to decide what to get for Christmas too so, I'm subb'g to see what everyone else has to say. Thanks for this post.

LuvlyRain3

I really want a solia. My bff has one and I tried it out on a section of my hair. It went through like butter. Straight in one take. I'm waiting until I'm one year natural before I treat myself to a flat iron.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Long Hair Care Forum App

LoveCraze

Naturalista
Thanks for this post OP, I too am interested in a nice flat iron. Preferably one with tourmaline and ceramic plates with a temp control. Subbing for more suggestions.

HauteHippie

I have a Hana Elite and I love it! Plus, they threw in some Shine Shield (heat protectant that I love. It really dors makes my 4b/4a fine, dull, funny-brown hair shiny!). I got the Hana Professional for my friend and she's still thanking me for it 10 months later. I hear that the H2pro (?) is great and that the Croc is good, but I'm not sure if they're fully ceramic like the Hana Elite (or FHI Runway, but rumor has it they malfunction/break easily). You probably already know this, but Missoko (sp?) has good prices.

Danniquin

The Hana Elite is expensive! But it looks like a good one.

I've heard great reviews on the Croc 2 infared (not to mention the promo makes it look like you're buying a high tech new car or something. :lachen:). I'm trying to decide what to get for Christmas too so, I'm subb'g to see what everyone else has to say. Thanks for this post.

Yeah the promo is what made me want it so bad hahaha

HairRaiser

I have a Sedu and I just purchased the Hana Elite. I would definitely recommend the Elite. That Croc looks nice, but I heard that titanium flat irons can be more damaging to the hair ovr time since they're mainly used in salons (they need something that heats up fast and gets really hot).

But i'm sure these lovely ladies will give u some great advice! HTH!

silenttullip

Yep I love my hana professional it's more affordable than the elite because the elite is considered a luxury flat iron, I didn't need the luxury just needed the quality so the professional is a great choice

Last edited:

sweetlaughter

I recommend the Hana Elite. It is not cheap but it is in my opinion worth every penny. Th shine shield from Hana works great too. When I use my Hana people think I just got a relaxer and I am 4a natural.

KurleeK5

I own the Solia and personally I dispise it. The Solia's moving plates grab on to my hair and pull it out from the root. Also the glide isn't that great. It feels like it tugs on my hair. I loved my FHI. The FHI had smoother gliding, but it broke. I was looking in to the Hana or Sedu. I am also subbing for updates...

Last edited: