Close to Bra Strap? Come on let's GROW!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Re: Close to Bra Strap? Come on let\'s GROW!!!

1. How far are you from bra strap?

7 inches

2. What is your hair type?

4A I think

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning?

relaxed

4. What is your current routine?

My regime is posted here: http://members.fotki.com/poohbear215/about

Right now, I have been doing the daily bun challenge and no trim challenge to retain length. I have been airdrying and using no heat!

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth?

Super Hair Energizer Vitamins

After I finish these vitamins up, I want to try NatureMade Super B-Complex.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal?

Brastrap length by June or July of 2005

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far?

Protective styling
No trimming
No heat
Avoiding excessive combing
Being more gentle
More moisture
Using more hair products
Vitamin intake
Drinking more water
Exercising (I jog on the treadmill every other day)

Lindy

Yaaaaay!!!
Congratulations on achieving your brastrap length goal, BahamaMama!!!

I just might be joining you soon!!
I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll also be THERE at my next touchup in about 3 or 4 weeks!! (He won't like it, but I'm NOT gonna let my stylist trim it!!
)

Karonica

Okay, I'm officially out of this challenge.
I have a LONG ways to go til bra-strap, but I don't plan on trying to grow it longer anytime soon.

WaterMoccasin

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
Yaaaaay!!!
Congratulations on achieving your brastrap length goal, BahamaMama!!!

I just might be joining you soon!!
I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll also be THERE at my next touchup in about 3 or 4 weeks!! (He won't like it, but I'm NOT gonna let my stylist trim it!!
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, thanks Lindy! Funny thing is, my hair is about the same length as yours- my bra-strap is just a little higher i guess...
Anyway, I know you'll be joining me in no time- heck, you look about there now!

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
BahamaMama said:
UPDATE! ACHIEVED JUNE 2004! YAY!
(well, the back at least- still working on the sides and front)
Anyone else any closer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I see that u said that the pic in your avatar equals your hair length. Thats amazing! My hair used to be that long! When r u going to have pics of yourself???

WaterMoccasin

Yeah, my album needs updating-last pics are from Dec 2003...
I plan to update it and post it at the end of the summer challenge (see siggy)...so I guess at the end of summer/september sometime...

just pm me for pw

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus

about 5 inches *cries*

3b/3c

spot texturized, thinking about transitioing out or maybe ill transition back to all natural once i reach my goal

co wash with suave naturals, black n sassy leave in, carrot creme moisturizer, wash and go ponytail/cornrows. trying to use no heat!

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth?

msm and surge

asap!! lol, but hopefully by december

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far?

taking better care of my hair, not combing as often, moisturizing more regularly, letting that no-lye relaxer go!

LEOLADYSW

I have about 5 inches to bra strap, but I'm trying like h*ll!

Grow hair grow!

Mariaat40

1 1/2 inches

4A

Relaxed

Conditioner wash 3 times a week followed by deep conditoning. Hot oil treatment and shampoo once a week. Minimal heat and protective styles 75% of the time.

Biotin, Silica, MSM, and a Multi

My hair grows so slowly I try not to set time related goals.

Minimizing heat. Lot of conditioning. Protective styles. Gentle hair care practices.

CutiePie0Five

1. How far are you from bra strap? ABOUT 2 INCHES

2. What is your hair type? I'm not sure...

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? Permed
4. What is your current routine? I wash my hair weekly, deep condition each time, and I always put my hair in rollers to dry it.
5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? I'm using WGO and Avocado Butter (I have Shealoe Butter but I haven't used it yet). When I'm at home (I'm at school now), I take all sorts of vitamins...lol

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? August-September...December the latest.
7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? Weekly washing, along with learning how to wash my hair properly to avoid tangling, constantly moisturizing my ends, staying away from heat and products with Petrolatum and Mineral Oil. Also, having a positive attitude about my hair growth and being a member of this board!

skegeesmb

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
1. How far are you from bra strap? I am 3.5 inches away from the top of my braclasp.

2. What is your hair type? My hairtype is 3C/B.

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? I am newly relaxed as of October of this year.

4. What is your current routine? Wash once a week. Deep Condition on week four with a Protein treatment. And after I blowdry and/or flatiron my hair I put it up in a bun. I am in the V-challenge.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? I take Vitamins for the hair. I take Flax Seed Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Biotin, A regular Centrum Multi-vitamin, Silica, MSM, and Vitamin C.

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? I hope to reach my goal by April or May of 2004.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? For me I have to say buns, and extra care with combing and handling. I used to comb and if I hit a tangle, I would just plow through it losing hairs in the process. Now I detangle, and I try to keep my hands out of my hair. I also have started doing massages.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also at braclasp depending on the bra. I'm losing weight so the smaller the "babes" get the further I am from brastrap.

I am just touching the top of braclasp to being an inch away. Yahoo! Very happy about that. So hopefully I will be at braclasp with all my bras by the end of summer.

Babygurl

About 3 inches, I REALLY cant tell, just guessing.

4 a/b

Relaxed

Wash and deep condition with heat every three days, wear buns 99% of the time.

No

I dont really have a set date I plan to reach it, when it happens, it happens

More frequent washing and deep conditioing and definately wearing buns.

kombov_dymond

I think my 'V' is about 2 inches away. WhenEVER it touches, I'll get a blunt cut.

3b/c & 4a/b (I'm having a time!)

Relaxed

(Winter)Deep cond, CO, rollerset weekly. I think I'm getting better with the sets.

Nope

I am guessing by the end of Feb. if there aren't any setbacks. It may be a bit longer. I am estimating my hair length.

Keeping my NG/ends moisturized and low maintenance do's. Did I mention Surge? If it keeps working, I may reach my goal by the end Jan. Oh yeah, relaxer stretching. I used to go 4 weeks, then I moved to 8. I'm going to try for 16 this time. We'll see!

keldevine

1. How far from bra strap?
3 inches away, side just brushing shoulders
2. Hair type?
3c/4a
3. 100% natural
4. Current regimen, press, flat iron and deepcondition every 2 weeks by stylist
5. vitamins include bioton 1omg, MSM, primose oil, multi vit, pantothenic acid, vit c and silica
6. hope to achieve by march 2005
7. what contributed to growth- wearing sew-in for 2 years when transitioning, no heat only when going to get hair done, only trim twice per year, drinking alot of water, using wide tooth comb, satin scraf at night

AceH

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said: Feb. 16, 2004
<font color="brown"> 3 - 4 inches!! </font>

<font color="brown"> 4a/4b </font>

<font color="brown"> I'm actually texturized (loosely permed) </font>

<font color="brown"> I wash twice a week with Creme of Nature shampoo, and I condition with Pantene deep moisturizing. I condition wash bi-weekly. I wear my hair in phonyponies &amp; buns 100% of the time. I use Soft Sheen gold as my main moisturizer with Hot Six oil on my scalp. </font>

<font color="brown"> I take my multivitamin (GNC Ultramega Gold), 5g of biotin, 5g powdered MSM, and flaxseed and evening primrose EVERYDAY! </font>

<font color="brown"> By October, 2004 </font>

<font color="brown"> Frequent washing, conditioning, and moisturizing has really helped in addition to the protective styles... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

UPDATE!! November 20, 2004

<font color="blue"> &lt; 1 inch!! </font>

<font color="blue"> 4a/4b</font>

<font color="blue">texturized</font>

<font color="blue">wash/con once a week, bun 99.99% of the time, moisture, moisture, moisture </font>

<font color="blue"> not really. I'm not consistent at all </font>

<font color="blue"> This next touch up - this week actually </font>

<font color="blue"> My protective bun, and moisture, moisture, moisture </font>

Poohbear

UPDATE:
1. I'm 4-5 inches from bra-strap length.

3. I've been transitioning to natural since October 7, 2004.

4. I'm back to the bun challenge and no heat challenge. See my journal for more details.

5. I take 1 NatureMade Super B-Complex tablet and 3 L-Cysteine 500mg capsules daily.

6. I know I won't reach my previous bra-strap goal by June or July 2005 due to several trims and cuts since June 2004. :( I'm setting my goal to December 2005. ;)

Poohbear said:

7 inches

4A I think

relaxed

My regime is posted here: http://members.fotki.com/poohbear215/about

Right now, I have been doing the daily bun challenge and no trim challenge to retain length. I have been airdrying and using no heat!

Super Hair Energizer Vitamins

After I finish these vitamins up, I want to try NatureMade Super B-Complex.

Brastrap length by June or July of 2005

Protective styling
No trimming
No heat
Avoiding excessive combing
Being more gentle
More moisture
Using more hair products
Vitamin intake
Drinking more water
Exercising (I jog on the treadmill every other day)

alibi

hair bored

ayanapooh said:
Most of my answers are already in my sig, but here goes!

About 4 inches

Not sure, I think 3b

Transitioning

I wash once a week with an SLS-free shampoo, and condition w/ Pantene Smooth and Sleek. I air dry in a pony tail, then I flat iron with my ceramic flat iron, using a little Kemi Oil at the roots. I wrap every night and repeat my wash every Sunday.

No, but I am interested in MSM and Surge

I hope to be there by May '03

Wrapping and air drying. I used to use heat almost every day, and when I stopped, which has been in the last year, my hair really took off!

Wow, I started this thread when I first joined! It's amazing how so much has changed since then! :lol: Okay, here's the update:

About 3 inches

3b/3c

Natural now! :yep:

I CO wash w/ Pantene Smooth and Sleek.

I apply a bit of mango butter and gel, and pull my hair back in a low pony puff.

I've tried Surge, but I'm too lazy to do it everyday. I'm still interested in MSM though, as well as Biotin.

I hope to be at bra strap by August '05. My transition to natural set me back a bit b/c having natural hair was more important than length. But now I'm back on track and my hair is growing like a weed!

Going natural in the last 2 years has made a HUGE difference in my hair! I no longer have any breakage, I don't use heat, and my hair is free to do its own thing. I used to get to a certain length, and then my hair would start breaking, but now I'm confident that I can and will grow my hair back out long and thick like it was in my childhood pre-relaxer days!

baglady215

I wanna join! :)

I'd say 3-4 inches.

4a/b/z

Relaxed

Wash 2-3 times per week. Deep condition at least once per week. Alternate between mild and strong protein weekly. Too many products to name, but some staples are Kenra MC, NTM Leave In, and WGO.

MTG and Surge, and Vitamins are in my siggy.

Whenever... I'm in no rush.

Finding this forum!

Tracy

Two inches.
3c, fine, dense, soft, weak.
Relaxed
Wash and Wear. I conditioner wash with MNT, Pantene DMR or Color Revival, or Suave Humectant. I rinse, towel dry lightly and apply more conditioner and apply Citre Shine Serum and L'real Anti- Frizz Gel along with little L'oreal Lasting curls. Tie scarf and go. I put it in a ponytail on day 2 and do it again on day 3.
Nope. Just tryin not to mess with it or do anything crazy. I take Biotin occasionally for 2 consecutive days when the mood strikes me, and then I forget. ;)
By year end.
Wash and Gos....definitely. No combing, no manipulation, just moisture and water and air and oil and leaving it alone until I do it again. :)

Last edited:

Puddles

On Cloud 9
2 inches

3c/4a

relaxed

Wash once a week. CO wash once or twice a week with cholesterol. No heat

Omega 3 and Green superfood.

Sept.

No heat, protective styles and a healthy diet.

Sweet_Ambrosia

4.5-5 Inches

3c/4a

Relaxed

I wash/CO wash once a week, deep condition every two weeks, air dry via the roller pony method & sometimes w/a bun. I moisturize my hair including ends every other day along with the baggie method, and wear protective styles 90% of the time.

I take a multi, calcium, vitamin c & fish oil for overall health benefits atleast once or twice a week, Im not too keen on taking pills, but Im working on it.

December 2005 or sooner.

Moisture Moisture Moisture, less heat and protective styles.

[/b]

hairlover

ayanapooh said:
I wanted to start a thread for those who are close to bra strap, so we can check in and encourage each other!
It's a good way to stay motivated, b/c it's easy to get discouraged when you're almost there!
For those close to bra strap, please check in and answer the following questions:

1. How far are you from bra strap? 2.5 inches

2. What is your hair type? 3b-4a

3. Are you permed/natural/transitioning? transitioning

4. What is your current routine?wash daily deep condition everyother day.

5. Are you taking supplements or using a particular hair product to promote hair growth? take biotin, msm, l-cysteine, horsetail, multi, msm, vit.e, alfalfa, triple omega (has flaxseed, borage, and fish oil all in one softgel.)

6. When are you striving to reach your goal? hopefully by Jan.2006 i will be at waistlength.

7. What has been the biggest factor that you think has contributed to your hair growth thus far? washing everyday.

This should be a fun thread! If you've already reached bra strap and beyond, please check in anyway and let us know how to get there!
answers above beside the questions.

cocoberry10

1. How far are you from bra strap? Maybe 5-7", maybe less. Can't tell it's close to relaxer time and lots of shrinkage

4a/b

Relaxed

Protective styling, lots of conditioner washes

Yes. Hair, skin, nail combo; Flax, fish, borage oil. Will start on an MSM vitamin soon

Not wanting to set a deadline to avoid disappointment and too much focus on hair. Want brastrap by end of year, if it happens great, if not, oh well

Limited heat, protective styling

Candy_C

1- How far are you from bra strap?

- 2 inches? thats unstreatched anyway...my regrowth is so so curly recently :)

3c

Relaxed
(when i get to brastrap i'm gonna maintain for a year THEN ITS NATURAL!!!!!)

CHECK MY FOTKI, ITS PRETTY LONG!

in my sig :D

hopefully but july 2006

my vitamins, protective styles (under durag and hat twisted)

Last edited:

Lovelylocs

I am basically there, but only the very ends are at bra strap and it is not a thick, full brastrap like I want. The front is about two inches past armpit, but that part is not full either.

I believe I am a 4a.

Permed silky straight. :) :yep:

Relax ever 6-10 weeks. Anything longer than that and my hair breaks.
No TRIMS. ocassionaly, I may do a self dusting. My hair grows faster when I let the straggly, split ends stay.
Wash with Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner in one twice a week followed by deep condition with heat with Elasta QP, cholestrol, Affirm fiberguard, L'oreal color-treated deep contioner, Fantasia IC, and honey.
Conditioner only washes with honey in between.
Aphogee treatments every 4 to 5 weeks.
Nexxus Emergencee treatments in between Aphogee treatments.
Biolage leave in conditioner, Proclaim hair serum, S-curl after every wash.

Flax seed oil, biotin, protein shakes, lots of milk, water, MSM, multivitamin, and Omega 3 fish oil.

By the end of the summer 2006. I want midback length hair, but be able to trim it up to a thick brastrap length all around. I want my hair to reach the bottom of brastrap in the front to cover my boobs. :lol:

"Not speaking Defeat" thanks to Dontspeakdefeat! :)
Visualizing myself with my goal.
Sticking to my regimen
Deep conditioning with heat
Finger combing.

Last edited: