Cherry Lola Treatment? Edumacate me please!

LadyPaniolo

What exactly is the Cherry Lola Treatment? How does one apply it, how often? Is there a tutorial?

Somebody please come in here and school me!
:bookworm:

infojunkie

^ Thanks! I'll definately check out the link.

Have you been pleased with your results?

Lucky's Mom replied first but you can never have too much feedback. I was pleased with the results because I wanted an afrocentric hairstyle that was well defined and not frizzy (ie, a shingle). I liked my hair even better the second day after it had completely dried.

It was fun, quick and simple. I say fun because if felt like a science experiment watching the mix expand. Since I don't have nearly as much hair as Cherry Lola, I'll just cut the recipe in half next time.

I'll probably only use it for bantu knot outs, braid outs, twist outs and such.

Lucky's Mom

I have not used the mix - yet :) but - I plan to head out to get amino Acids!!!

My CROWN is Crazy tangly!!!! I hope this helps!

vkb247

I loved the treatment but I think that it is the strongest natural mix that anyone has come up with so far. But I also relax so that might be why I really noticed what it did to my hair. After the treatment my hair hangs more and my roots are much more seperated and coily. When I was rinsing the treatment out my hair was so straight that it scared the crap out of me! If you are going to do this please follow it with an ACV rinse to correct your ph level. That helped my hair to get some of its poof back.

I am going to use CLT's to stretch my relaxers and if it works as well as I think it does I might have to switch to a weaker relaxer or maybe transition all together!

In the 3c forum at NC there is a thread on the treatment where I gave a full account of my experience.

LadyPaniolo

Thanks for all your replies.

I kinda regret texlaxing at this point, because right afterwards I noticed lots of split ends and I fear that the chemicals might be to blame. :sad:

I wish I had tried all the natural stuff first. But at least I can try the CLT on my new growth and hopefully it will help loosen up my curl pattern somewhat.

mscocoface

Okay, anyone with 4BZ natural hair tried this? If so, what were your results?

Pics would be most appreciated. :)

infojunkie

Okay, anyone with 4BZ natural hair tried this? If so, what were your results?

Pics would be most appreciated. :)

Well, I think I'm 4b but the longer I'm natural the more it seems to change. I'll see if I can get my pics in here (copied from e-mail sent to my hair crew IRL).

Hey Chicas!

As promised, a pictorial of the grand experiment.

1. What the Cherry Lola Treatment looked like all aerated and stuff.

2. Hair sectioned to apply treatment.

3 and 4. Treatment on full head.

5 and 6. Freshly washed hair with no product.

7, 8 and 9. Saturated with conditioner.

10.Styling gel used to "shingle".

11. Started from the nape.

12-15. Wet head of shingles.

16 and 17. Still wet, out the door.

18-20. At work and it's starting to dry and get bigger! Yay!

So what did we learn? Well for starters this was really time consuming for all the hair that I have. Twenty minute hair do my butt! And that much gel has my scalp itching like crazy, not cute! The treatment did keep it from frizzing and gave me more definition but I just don't think this is work bothering with when I probably won't even get 2 day hair out of it. I think in smaller quantities this will be a perfect gel as I have really good hold and no crunch.

Will I keep this style. Naw. Too time consuming even though it's getting cuter as it dries and I love the curls, esp. in the back. Plus it's not big enough. I think I'll go home and wash with a clarifying conditioner then detangle, section, twist, roll, dry and take down in the morning.

(Would you like pics of tomorrow morning's hair, too? LOL!!)

Oh and probably in May I'm going back to the shop to have another inch taken off as I still see far too many straight ends.

Hope you enjoyed it!

(I'll try to get the rest in in my next posts.)

Attachments

• Wash day 4.14.09 001.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 001.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Wash day 4.14.09 002.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 002.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Wash day 4.14.09 003.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 003.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Wash day 4.14.09 004.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 004.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Wash day 4.14.09 006.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 006.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 113

infojunkie

Well, I think I'm 4b but the longer I'm natural the more it seems to change. I'll see if I can get my pics in here (copied from e-mail sent to my hair crew IRL).

Hey Chicas!

As promised, a pictorial of the grand experiment.

1. What the Cherry Lola Treatment looked like all aerated and stuff.

2. Hair sectioned to apply treatment.

3 and 4. Treatment on full head.

5 and 6. Freshly washed hair with no product.

7, 8 and 9. Saturated with conditioner.

10.Styling gel used to "shingle".

11. Started from the nape.

12-15. Wet head of shingles.

16 and 17. Still wet, out the door.

18-20. At work and it's starting to dry and get bigger! Yay!

So what did we learn? Well for starters this was really time consuming for all the hair that I have. Twenty minute hair do my butt! And that much gel has my scalp itching like crazy, not cute! The treatment did keep it from frizzing and gave me more definition but I just don't think this is work bothering with when I probably won't even get 2 day hair out of it. I think in smaller quantities this will be a perfect gel as I have really good hold and no crunch.

Will I keep this style. Naw. Too time consuming even though it's getting cuter as it dries and I love the curls, esp. in the back. Plus it's not big enough. I think I'll go home and wash with a clarifying conditioner then detangle, section, twist, roll, dry and take down in the morning.

(Would you like pics of tomorrow morning's hair, too? LOL!!)

Oh and probably in May I'm going back to the shop to have another inch taken off as I still see far too many straight ends.

Hope you enjoyed it!

(I'll try to get the rest in in my next posts.)

Here are more...

Attachments

• Wash day 4.14.09 007.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 007.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Wash day 4.14.09 008.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 008.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Wash day 4.14.09 009.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 009.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Wash day 4.14.09 010.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 010.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Wash day 4.14.09 011.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 011.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 35

infojunkie

Attachments

• Wash day 4.14.09 014.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 014.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Wash day 4.14.09 015.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 015.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Wash day 4.14.09 016.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 016.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Wash day 4.14.09 017.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 017.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Wash day 4.14.09 018.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 018.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 50

vkb247

I should also mentioon that I left it in for 3 hours because my mother called me when I was going to rinse it out and I had to go pick her up. I will only use it on my roots from now on and I will probably leave it in for several hours again.

I used 2 tbsp of Amino Acids and 2 tbsp of baking soda.

infojunkie

Attachments

• Wash day 4.14.09 019.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 019.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Wash day 4.14.09 020.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 020.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Wash day 4.14.09 021.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 021.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Wash day 4.14.09 022.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 022.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Wash day 4.14.09 023.jpg
    Wash day 4.14.09 023.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 61

mscocoface

So Infojunkie you did the cherry lola method, conditioned and then placed the gel on to give you more definition?

Do you imagine if you tried it 2-3 more times it would get better or not worth the time and effort?

infojunkie

So Infojunkie you did the cherry lola method, conditioned and then placed the gel on to give you more definition?

Do you imagine if you tried it 2-3 more times it would get better or not worth the time and effort?

Nah, I was trying to get a frizzless shingle. The treatment itself is awesome and took no time at all. It did what Lola said it would do. I just won't be trying to shingle anymore. It took way too much time because my hair is so thick.

Everytime I wash though, my hair gets curlier (could be the amla in my tea rinse-not sure, I've only been all natural since 2/28/09) so I'm sure I'll do the treatment again just with a different style. :yep:

morehairplease

I loved the treatment but I think that it is the strongest natural mix that anyone has come up with so far. But I also relax so that might be why I really noticed what it did to my hair. After the treatment my hair hangs more and my roots are much more seperated and coily. When I was rinsing the treatment out my hair was so straight that it scared the crap out of me! If you are going to do this please follow it with an ACV rinse to correct your ph level. That helped my hair to get some of its poof back.

I am going to use CLT's to stretch my relaxers and if it works as well as I think it does I might have to switch to a weaker relaxer or maybe transition all together!

In the 3c forum at NC there is a thread on the treatment where I gave a full account of my experience.

thanks for sharing this. I am looking at the treatment links now.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
:bump:

Any other 4b's using this?:look:

Platinum I did it a few months ago

ETA it did nothing to stretch out my curls. It made them more defined but as far as any "relaxing" properties it didn't relax anything
I left it in for an hour

Last edited:

Embyra

Can i leave this on overnight??

Im heading to the shops now and wondering i dont like leaving conditioning treatments in overnight as my hair ends up too soft but im wondering with the protein if that will stop any mushy hair?......

suns4i6e

I use the cherry lola treatment, but i substitute conditioner (TJ Nourish SPA) for yogurt. In fact I do it every one to two weeks with a heating cap. It's a deep treatment for me. I'm only a 3C but it aids greatly in opening the cuticles of my low porosity strands. Wonderful for moisturized, frizz free curls :yep:

morehairplease

I use the cherry lola treatment, but i substitute conditioner (TJ Nourish SPA) for yogurt. In fact I do it every one to two weeks with a heating cap. It's a deep treatment for me. I'm only a 3C but it aids greatly in opening the cuticles of my low porosity strands. Wonderful for moisturized, frizz free curls :yep:

suns4i6e thanks so much for your post! I will definitely give this a try for my low porosity strands. May I ask how long you condition with heat? Could you share what you do after rinsing the treatment from your hair?

Thanks in advance for your response,
tishee

Last edited: