Cherry Lola Treatment and Ecostyler gel (Pic heavy to the nth power!)

Ediese

I decided to try out the cherry lola treatment this weekend. It's supposed to help you reduce frizz and define curls. The only difference in my hair though was that it felt really heavy after the treatment. I didn't really notice a significant decrease in frizz though. So, I added the clear ecostyler gel. That worked great without flaking, but my hair was a little crunchy. I did add scurl moisturizer before I used it. The next morning my curls were all flat, so I had to pin it up in a frenchroll.

Ingredients for cherry lola treatment

This is 3hrs after I let it sit..about to wash out

Don't really see a difference

Freshly washed no moisturizer -- don't really see a big difference idk

Ediese

The gel worked great without flaking, but my hair was a little crunchy. I did add scurl moisturizer before I used it. I slept with my satin bonnet on, but the next morning my curls were all flat, so I had to pin it up in a frenchroll. I don’t think I’ll do this again. The curls were cute and all, but it made me look like a kid. I think when my hair grows longer I might try it again. Idk

After it dried..lol

Next morning – raggity Anne

sunnysmyler

I love it....your hair is beautiful.....I'm looking forward to doing that to my hair!!!! Did you Shingle with the ecostyler, also, is there a difference with ecostlyler and fantasia IC gel????

CleverGypsy

very pretty! :grin: Even though I bought olive oil ecostyler gel I'm scared to use it. Gel always drys my hair out. Not sure what to do other than use a leave in before the gel.

Geminigirl

While your hair is wet with the gel in it you should try shaking your hair/head around. Side to side up and down. It kinda gets some excess product off but it also adds volume. I seen this lady do it on youtube with KCCC but and it works. I have also done it with Ecostyler too.

Very nice BTW.

The style is beautiful and graceful even though the curls were flat... I think I like flatter curls for updos now :)

The gel worked great without flaking, but my hair was a little crunchy. I did add scurl moisturizer before I used it. I slept with my satin bonnet on, but the next morning my curls were all flat, so I had to pin it up in a frenchroll. I don’t think I’ll do this again. The curls were cute and all, but it made me look like a kid. I think when my hair grows longer I might try it again. Idk

Cien

Pink is my signature color
Your hair looks great to me! Your curls seem to be really defined as they dried.

Really pretty french roll! Your hair texture is lovely...

keepithealthy

oh my goodness im sooo :drool: over your hair.....looking at all these long hair pics is driving me Karazy!:drunk: as I pat my lil twa lol

Ediese

I love it....your hair is beautiful.....I'm looking forward to doing that to my hair!!!! Did you Shingle with the ecostyler, also, is there a difference with ecostlyler and fantasia IC gel????
Thank you! I did the curly primer method. I didn't really find a big difference with both gels. My hair is still crunchy. lol :wallbash: I was so tempted to wash this mess out this morning. http://biracialhair.org/CurlyPrimer.aspx

Op what Ecostyler gel do you use.

I used the clear gel.

Ediese

oh my goodness im sooo :drool: over your hair.....looking at all these long hair pics is driving me Karazy!:drunk: as I pat my lil twa lol

Thank you! Your twa will be APL next year so dont' worry about it. My hair started off at next length. It's a process, but you'll definitely get there!

Ediese

While your hair is wet with the gel in it you should try shaking your hair/head around. Side to side up and down. It kinda gets some excess product off but it also adds volume. I seen this lady do it on youtube with KCCC but and it works. I have also done it with Ecostyler too.

Very nice BTW.

Thanks! I'll definitely try that next time!!:yep:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Ediese, I might try this on my daughter's hair which has a similar curl pattern to yours. I think it looks less "frizzy." Thanks for the info!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I did the ghetto version of the cherry lola treatment on my transitioning hair. Instead of yogurt, I used conditioner. My hidden curls popped and I am convinced that the original recipe will work better. Ediese, your hair is gorgeous! :urock:I wonder if you can refresh the curls with water like you can do KCCC.

vkb247

Ediese I think your hair looks gorgeous! Try using water to refresh your curls in the morning. I do this and the curls get better everyday and last until the nest wash day.

Many ladies who use KCCC say that the way that they apply it makes a big difference in the way the curls look and on youtube some say that the best results are from fingercombing it through. Maybe it would be the same with ecostyler. I have also mixed some water with my ecostyler for less crunch. If you stir it well it will have the same consistency.