Casualty of Self-relaxer

BellaCranberry7

Today I did my first self-relax with the Silk Elements. I had been using the Optimum no-lye box kit, which was drying my hair out something awful. The Silk Elements was great and my scalp didn't really burn until the end, but I had a bit of a problem. I got a little bit of relaxer on my face and didn't wipe it off right away. From some stupid reason I tought it was a pimple. By the time I realized it was relaxer it burned me and now I have a sore red spot. I put some neosporin on it. Hopefully that will help. Do you ladies have any other remedies??

Cheers,
Bella

gymfreak336

If you have it pure lavender essential oil. I had a burn on my face once and by using the oil I didn't have any scarring and it help soothe any irritation I had. Good stuff!!

AtlantaJJ

BellaCranberry7 said:
Today I did my first self-relax with the Silk Elements. I had been using the Optimum no-lye box kit, which was drying my hair out something awful. The Silk Elements was great and my scalp didn't really burn until the end, but I had a bit of a problem. I got a little bit of relaxer on my face and didn't wipe it off right away. From some stupid reason I tought it was a pimple. By the time I realized it was relaxer it burned me and now I have a sore red spot. I put some neosporin on it. Hopefully that will help. Do you ladies have any other remedies??

Cheers,
Bella

Aloe Gel, I'm going to get some of that and just keep it in the medicine cabinet. Aloe is great for burns.

kbody4

ITA about the Aloe Vera gel. I will use this before a scab thinks about appearing on my scalp.

BellaCranberry7

caribeandiva said:
LOL @ u thought it was a pimple. that's funny!! hope it heals quickly with the neosporin.

I know. I do have some acne so the thought wasn't that far fetched, but I think for the most part my brain switched off for a minute.