Bun for knee length hair ... a girl can dream can't she?

SignatureBeauty

WOW!! Can I just make a bun first?? Beautiful, but I would never want my hair that Long, shoulder length is good enough for me. But it is beautiful!!

SimJam

wow, apart from the length, what I find even more interesting is that her hair maintains thickness all the way to the ends. Many times when u see ladies with hair that long, the ends look straggly.

BTW Id nix those claw clips ... LOL

and WTF is a "buff" or whatever that thing is called?

OrangeMoon

That's alot of hair I thought having WSL was long but KL damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :look: Don't know if I could manage but I guess you would just adapt to the new length just like everyone else does while growing to a new length.:wallbash:

yamilee21

BostonMaria, why did you post this link? Now I am feeling bald. :(

:lachen:

I do find it interesting that she uses claw clips to hold the bun; claw clips never stay in my hair, they always pop out or break.

LovelyNaps26

too much hair for me. :spinning: waist length with thick ends is my max. i think that length on a type 3 or 4 would be different since when curly it would be about mbl or waist length. image how a twist out would look on unstretched 4a/b hair. delish! :lick: still, i wouldn't have the patience. at APL i can already tell that i can only handle another 6-8 inches of 4a/b hair.

30something

Wow! her hair is really pretty.
In one of her other videos she commented that it took her 10 years cutting 2 inches every year, and that she shampoos + deep condition once a week and she co wash everyday. Doesn't that sound familiar hmmmmm

ETA:
Her regimen sounds so familiar too
http://beyondclassiclength.com/routine.html
she talks about wet bunning, S&D and protein treatments
haha thats kinda funny (or maybe its just me)

Last edited:

BostonMaria

My arm would catch a cramp, between putting it in the pony and braiding it...

OMG I catch a cramp trying to rollerset the nape area of my hair :grin: I think my arm would get carpel tunnel trying to braid my thick hair LOL :lachen:

BostonMaria, why did you post this link? Now I am feeling bald. :(

:lachen:

I do find it interesting that she uses claw clips to hold the bun; claw clips never stay in my hair, they always pop out or break.

OMG I felt bald too LOL Although I'm sure my knee length hair would still shrink up to my ears in its curly state LOL

And yes those claw clips have got to go. I was thinking that on my 3C VERY thick hair my bun would be Ceiling Length.

cch24

BM if you don't STOP with that ceiling length hair chart. Every time you post it I start cracking up.

But that hair is beautiful, and has inspired me to grow as long as possible.

Thanks for the post!

Personally, I'm not really feeling hair that's so long like that, but to each their own. Still, it's pretty impressive she could grow it that long, and at least it looks healthy :yep:

Iamhim

Have any of you joined the longhaircommunity forums? Lots of ladies there with extremely long hair.
For me that it a little too much hair. But it is beautiful!!

BostonMaria

Once it gets that long, it's just "there." There is no style to it. OP, your hair is more beautfiful.

Awww thank you!

Not to take away from her beautiful hair, but I think that if it had some curls to it I'd like it a little bit more.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
That is a whole lot of hair! I'm good at MBL. I keep cutting back. I wonder how long my hair can grow though...

SmilingElephant

Nope:nono: I'm gonna stay at either Full Waistlength or Hip Length(when i get there:D)....i visit LHC just as much as i do here...bet ya can't find me tho!:laugh:....i just post on here a lot more...Cinnamonhair is really sweet tho:yep:....Auntie Maria...stop making us hairnorexics worse!!:laugh:

lovegymnasts

I'm in the minority. Me no likey :nono:
And I think it looks thin.
Not hatin'...just don't like it.
It looks nice from the front but once she turns around and starts manipulating it, it just looks real thin.

I find it weird that I feel this way cause I love Crystal Gayle's hair.

aileendq

I admire the length, but there's no style AT ALL. When I see people with super long hair with nothing going on but the "Marcia Brady" I think it detracts from the hair.

I much prefer the length some of the ladies here have- ya, YOU, BostonMaria- because it's thick and it looks like it's been styled.

I'll be happy when I get to waist length, so it will be bsl when I roller set and leave the curls in.

MrsHouston

I noticed no one mentioned the "Buff" cap...you mean yall don't want one? It'll keep the sun off your hair, lol. I'm feeling that cap, yall know where I can get one:yep:

Forever in Bloom

I became a subscriber a while ago when in one of the first videos I saw had her taking a bun out, and it made the most delicious "plopping" sound when it dropped.

Anyone up for a "Hair that makes sounds" challenge? :lachen:

We could start our own musical group - The Hair Band

Ok, I'm silly :giggle:

Anew

Braiding a ponytail shouldn't be so hard, lol...

yeesh, my coworker has hair to her knees. I asked her if she was going for feet length the other day and she said "that's the plan" and geez she meant it, lol...

hillytmj

Thanks for sharing, BostonMaria. Her hair is so gorgous!

Did ya'll take a sec to look at Cinnamon's website? She shows how she thickened up her Knee Length ends over a 2-year period. I love her philosophy and will try it. I've been cutting the same ends over and over thinking they're damaged when all they need to do is catch up with themselves. Chicora also described this in one of her previous posts.

ScarletPhoenix

Wow! That is longer than even I want to deal with...just to much and my arms are super short lol But she makes it work for her. I just want my BSL unstretched hair lol heck on my short behind that might be touching my knee lol